Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mdhussain

Any New Releases From Nokia in CDMA?

Any CDMA Nokia phones coming in market?

Why non of the Reputed selllers Deals with Nokia CDMA Phones?

Like 800C, 610C available in China

Lumia 822 Just announced

Probably because it is hard to find the customers for CDMA phones. There are very less number of people who subscribe to CDMA rather than GSM.

RCDMA itself is forcing customers to exit.

Call Drops in my area hv increased a lot. Whenever there is change of Tower Call drop. On another day I was on Call on IDEA no call drop over a route of 44 KM Highway.

In my opinion Call drops on tower switching is handset dependent. Many cheap phones like micromax do not support smooth tower switching while talking and hence call drops on tower switching.

Dear mcwintek I am using HTC Desire VC. But still facing problem.

That's surprising!! But I still feel that Call continuation while switching towers is mobile's phone functionality. It is not related to network quality/setup. All networks even of worst quality inherently support this. Seniors may confirm this.

These days the general quality * rugudness of mobile phones have come down. May be due to increase of complexity. That may be the reason that even premuim phones like HTC desire VC is dropping calls during tower switching.. hey wait .. looks like this particular thing happens with CDMA + GSM handsets. No dependent whether it is cheap micromax or premium HTC. I had this issue at same place (my home) with micromax CDMA + GSM handset, but at same place my single CDMA 5 years old Reliance LG handset works perfectly well. Note that there is continuous tower switching (max duration without switching is 2 minutes) at my place as there are strong signals of three towers. So now it looks like this particular issue happens with multi-SIM handsets.

The Nokia Lumia 822 is here. Amazing phone with amazing OS, Windows Phone 8

Looking forward to use this on reliance.

More Details Here

post-54702-0-08057200-1354542716_thumb.j

RIM Gurus and Reputed Sellers, Do you think this can be brought to Reliance?

And what RIMWEB friends think about the handset?

BTW I am using Lumia 800 since launch, and I am very happy with it, So I am thinking if I can use this on my Reliance CDMA connection.

Regards

Mahesh

The Nokia Lumia 822 is here. Amazing phone with amazing OS, Windows Phone 8

Looking forward to use this on reliance.

More Details Here

post-54702-0-08057200-1354542716_thumb.j

RIM Gurus and Reputed Sellers, Do you think this can be brought to Reliance?

And what RIMWEB friends think about the handset?

BTW I am using Lumia 800 since launch, and I am very happy with it, So I am thinking if I can use this on my Reliance CDMA connection.

Regards

Mahesh

Glad and at the same surprising to hear the positive feed back of Lumia 800. Seen very bad reviews about it.

How about the apps sir? I know we shouldn't compare windows platform from iOSX or Android when i comes to apps still what does your experience say?

Glad and at the same surprising to hear the positive feed back of Lumia 800. Seen very bad reviews about it.

How about the apps sir? I know we shouldn't compare windows platform from iOSX or Android when i comes to apps still what does your experience say?

People in India complain about Lumia 800 (WP7.X in general) because store people doesn't know much about it, they cannot answer and solve their quires,

Another major reason is lack of BT file transfer and Memory Card support, which I don't ever need.

All the major apps are available windows phone store which you use day to day basis, I have many local indian apps installed which help me a lot. And Nokia maps and Nokia Drive are simply best. Apart form that, many good games are on xbox live. Xbox live is biggest gamin network. Another good part is integrated facebook and skydrive.

I know there are some issues, like no access to videos for third party apps, no all in one video player and so on, but every OS has some of it's draw backs. Over all I am more than happy with my Phone.

Regards

Mahesh

@Mahesh, Thanks for your honest feedback about Lumia 800.

@Mahesh, Thanks for your honest feedback about Lumia 800.

My pleasure..

can lumia 822 from verizon be used with reliance? will this be available on rimweb?

can lumia 822 from verizon be used with reliance? will this be available on rimweb?

TECNICALLY SPEAKING it is possible.

I would like to purchase lumia 822 if it can be made available on rimweb. It is available on ebay but i dont know if the gsm is unlocked and if it can be programmed for reliance. I want a cdma+gsm handset with windows phone 8 OS. Can someone help me to get it?

thanks.

I would like to purchase lumia 822 if it can be made available on rimweb...

Even I would buy 1 if it's made working on reliance.

I have a Lumia 800 locked to Orange UK, can anyone suggest me how do I get it unlocked. I have checked many sites and on ebay and amazon but for Orange UK locked Lumia 800 no one has the answer yet.

I have posted this question in the phone unlock topic too but no answer.

Hoping some one can help me here... :censored3:

Thanks,

I have a Lumia 800 locked to Orange UK, can anyone suggest me how do I get it unlocked. I have checked many sites and on ebay and amazon but for Orange UK locked Lumia 800 no one has the answer yet.

Thanks,

Even I have a locked nokia lumia 800 locked to vodafone ,UK.

As far as I know U.K. Phones are not being unlocked these days.

No seller on ebay or any unlocking website is supporting to unlock this.

So, the only way to unlock is to do it officially from U.K.

Also I learnt the method of unlocked boot loader and flashing a custom rom, but I am not gonna try that.

Thanks,

Even I have a locked nokia lumia 800 locked to vodafone ,UK.

As far as I know U.K. Phones are not being unlocked these days.

No seller on ebay or any unlocking website is supporting to unlock this.

So, the only way to unlock is to do it officially from U.K.

Also I learnt the method of unlocked boot loader and flashing a custom rom, but I am not gonna try that.

I suggest you try to contact a good unlocker in your city, he might do it because nokia phones are many times unlocked with some special hardware.