Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
samirv

Samsung Epic 4G - No Browsing From Phone

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I do hope that I follow protocol in my attempt at a solution to my problem.

I have bought a brand new Samsung Epic 4G from Mr Hetal Patel (an experienced and very helpful moderator in this forum) and got my Reliance number transferred to this phone.

Before going further would just like to point out that the phone browses the internet through wifi - the problem is with the phone reaching the internet through 1X connectivity.

Here is the problem.

The phone was first running DI07. I installed Anycut and entered the following settings

hostname: wapgw.ricinfo.com

port: 8080

Since I was unable to log into http://wap.rworld.co.in from the phone I was advised by Mr Hetal to put on the Sprint HotSpot, connect a laptop via wifi to the phone, enter the same proxy settings as above and access http://wap.rworld.co.in to select a data plan.

Here starts the problem - I was able to do all of the above AND browse the internet from the laptop with and without the proxy on both firefox and the phone but the phone itself is unable to reach the internet.

I have tried to use the phone to connect to the internet with the Sprint HotSpot on and off but no connectivity.

I have also tried to use different browsers and programs that require internet connectivity but have had no success.

The phone provides internet connectivity through the Sprint HotSpot to any device that connects to it except itself !!!

I have rebooted and factory reset it and started from the beginning a multitude of times to come back to the same problem.

I have now upgraded the Build Number to ECLAIR.DI18 and STILL face the same problem.

I love the phone - but am dying to get this to work.

Any solutions anyone ???

Sam

try resetting in anycut by putting blank in both the fields i.e. hostname and port and then retry

I did that a number of times with and without a full restart. Same problem.

Sam

I just used Sprint hotspot without any issues; urs seems a unique issue; has us confused; let us whack our brains a little more; or send back to hetal for reprogramming...

Edited by dkaile

i am using data on my epic without any hassle, & also i had not performed any programming or setting, it was ready to use just after number activation..

i am using epic from one week, and very much satisfied.

u can ask hetal bhai on GTALK. He will guide u in a correct way..

Guys,

Hetal Bhai rules - I plugged in my phone and installed some software that he asked me to and through a remote log in re programmed my phone !!! The moment it rebooted the internet was working fine and all looks good.

Finding it impossible to download apps from the Sprint market with wifi on or off even though data is working - it keeps saying download unsuccessful. Anyone else have the same problem ?

Sam

hi all ,

i am a new proud and happy owner of epic 4g .. i also had internet connectivity enabled by defalt as the no was activated/// but i have a different problem . i just recharged my cell with RC of rs 99/- which is for unlimited browsing for 30 days.. but as i use the internet usage is deducted from my balance as 10paisa/10kb. please help me with the settings .

thanx

That is because your phone might be configured with MDN as username password and this would be treated as Full Internet Browsing without Proxy...Which is not covered in the pack you bought...

hey thnx for the suggession ..

today i called customer care . they first sent me the settings for netconnect but they din't worked. later they gave APN settings to enter manually , but yet i can only browse through my main balance only.

i request you all guys who use epic 4g to give to some suggessions about what data plan to use and methods to configure it. i'm a medium user . i have wifi connection @ home . just need plan for browsing and checking mails when not home,

one more question //.. can we use MNP to port to rel gsm on epic 4g .. or on tata CDMA.. i'm finding rel CDMA very annoying ... :(

thanx in advance

dev

APN settings are for GSM Data services...Yours is CDMA Phone...In Imported handsets like Epic, Data settings are already programmed by your seller since you are able to browse...

For Data Plans appropriate for you, ask your Seller for advice...

You can port to Reliance GSM but then you cannot use Epic on Rel GSM...You Will need to buy a GSM Phone..

APN settings are for GSM Data services...Yours is CDMA Phone...In Imported handsets like Epic, Data settings are already programmed by your seller since you are able to browse...

For Data Plans appropriate for you, ask your Seller for advice...

You can port to Reliance GSM but then you cannot use Epic on Rel GSM...You Will need to buy a GSM Phone..

i see that you also use samsung fascinate which is also a cdma phone// what data plans you use .. thnx... please provide me with options.. my seller doesn't have info on these.

thnx

can we use MNP to port to rel gsm on epic 4g .. or on tata CDMA..

Tata Indicom wont accept foreign handsets into their network :(

Hello everyone,

Im new to Android and Epic 4g.

Since yesterday I'm not able to connect internet via phone. The data connection won't start. Before, whenever i wanted to use internet, i would disable "Dial up networking" and it would connect to data by itself, by showing the 3G symbol on the top. But now after disabling "dial up networking" nothing would happen. I have tried rebooting, toggling airplane/normal mode.. no help ..

And also, it seems that the data connection the phone uses is of the RWorld.. The one which uses wap proxy of rworld.. How can i connect to internet via #777 connection ? Where we give ph no as username and password.. basically how to configure a new connection using phone modem .. ?

I have installed Anycut but I dont know how to configure proxy settings using it.

Thanking you,

Niral.

Hello everyone,

Im new to Android and Epic 4g.

Since yesterday I'm not able to connect internet via phone. The data connection won't start. Before, whenever i wanted to use internet, i would disable "Dial up networking" and it would connect to data by itself, by showing the 3G symbol on the top. But now after disabling "dial up networking" nothing would happen. I have tried rebooting, toggling airplane/normal mode.. no help ..

And also, it seems that the data connection the phone uses is of the RWorld.. The one which uses wap proxy of rworld.. How can i connect to internet via #777 connection ? Where we give ph no as username and password.. basically how to configure a new connection using phone modem .. ?

I have installed Anycut but I dont know how to configure proxy settings using it.

Thanking you,

Niral.

Update: I am not even able to connect internet on desktop via phone. i.e. connecting by using phone as a modem. I use simple netconnect connection (number dialed:#777, uname/pass:phone no.). It used to connect before.

Cannot anyone help me here ?

Hello,

Im again able to browse RWorld internet on phone. Solution . I followed instructions in that topic, used CDMA Workshop to write a text file which was given in the topic. Everything is back to normal.

Anyways, but i still have a doubt - how can i browse Net Connect internet (not the RWorld internet) through the phone ? How to enter the settings for a new connection on phone. I don't see any option under "Settings/Wireless & Networks" to configure a new connection. I want to use Net Connect on phone.

Edited by sutarianiral

^

contact ur seller; it basically requires creating another text file and uploading it through cdma ws... details can be given by ur seller...

^

contact ur seller; it basically requires creating another text file and uploading it through cdma ws... details can be given by ur seller...

Alright, thanks for the information :-) .

Wrong info.

There are a few lucky users like me, who are using imported handsets on Tata.

Wrong info.

There are a few lucky users like me, who are using imported handsets on Tata.

Ha ha... Sougata Ji... Like we talked earlier today, these lucky days are going to get a halt within a year or two, if TATA didn't change their policy (or at-least wrt Android phones)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Will continue using my Fascinate till a much better handset comes into the schene or Tata Indicom forces me to port out my number to any GSM operator.

Tata Indicom is not moving at all. No EVDO, no expansion, no choice of better handset, deteriorating customer care service are common features now.

hi,

i am able to connect to internet using sprint hotspot, but i am not able to connect to internet on my mobile itself. can anyone please help me?

Regards,

Raja

I think EVDO is possible on TATA

just contact Tushar he might help

Will continue using my Fascinate till a much better handset comes into the schene or Tata Indicom forces me to port out my number to any GSM operator.

Tata Indicom is not moving at all. No EVDO, no expansion, no choice of better handset, deteriorating customer care service are common features now.

Hi Guys,

I too have a Samsung Epic 4G and am facing the same problem as Sameer. This problem started all of a sudden while using Wifi at a hotel (was updating a few app; have already uninstalled them). I am able to create a hotspot for other devices to use my internet connect but not able to use it on my phone.

Regards,

Mehul