Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

alok buddy why dont u write a detailed review of the lg 6130 since u like it so much... it'll help quite a few of know if it had any bugs in it...

also to all those who own the lg 6130 can u pls tell me if the 140 char sms problem means that u cannot recieve sms over 140 char or that u just cannot send any over 140 char or both...

cheers

neo

also to all those who own the lg 6130 can u pls tell me if the 140 char sms problem means that u cannot recieve sms over 140 char or that u just cannot send any over 140 char or both...

23202[/snapback]

i dont have a lg 6130 but i can tell u dat u can recieve upto 160 chars of sms but cant send or forwad any msg more than 140 chars which i personaaly think is very bad.

:P

I m having LG RD-7230 with data cable & software recently I have purchased LH-6110 but without data cable will cable of 7230 will work on 6110

wht kinda post is this?? 6110? cant understand a word!

hey man why dont u write up all the things u think ppl shud be aware of regd this handset.... it will be of gr8 help...

also tell us stuff not mentioned by the others...

cheers

neo

Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum but I am a really old RIM owner. I had Samsung N191 initially, with the launch of RIM. At present I have LGRD7130 and the latest, LG RD6130.

It has been more than a month since I got the 6130 handset. In general, I would say it is the best phone for 7K bucks.

I wish to provide detailed review of the set may be by tomorrow.

Till then, bye...... :clap:

Dear friends,

As I said earlier, I will come up with my experiences with LG RD 6130. Here I am..

I found this handset very much user friendly and feature rich.

Apart form being a phone with callsy looks, great voice clarity and good connectivity, it has some brilliant features. just have a look at the features -

1. It has brilliant 65000 Colour backlight LCD with 6 line text display. Good Enough and far better than Nokia or Ericsson GSM sets.

2. 16 polyphonic sound - Much better than LG RD 7130 or 7230

3. 0.3 MP Digital Camera with in-built flash - with image resolutions upto 640 X 480 pixels. Also have upto 4x zoom facility at lower resolution. The camera is really cool and is one of the best camera (in a phone) available in the market. The lowest resolution in this handset is what most of the mobiles including Nokia offer in their so called 'the best' camera phones.

4. As many as 25 images can be saved in the 'Gallery' irrespective of the resolution. Further Upto 5 images can also be saved in 'My Media > Images' menu and 5 other in 'wallpaper > My Media Images 1-5'. Also have the black/white mode and 15 interesting fun frames.

5. It comes with the 'Click and Send' feature. Take picture and instantly send it to any RIM or any email address. Can be sent to upto 10 recipients at one go. The message can be of upto 1000 characters in MMS. Just imagine, sending all important emails right thru your cell, anytime and anywhere. Above all, MMS feature is currently free!!!

6. Midi files and jpg images can be sent as attatchment to this phone thru emails (your phone MMS id would be - '9193xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com') and the content can be saved as ringtones or wallpapers.

There is a website - www.muskurahat.com, from where all latest hindi midi ringtones can be downloaded over internet and can be mailed to this phone thru any email. This is yet another wonderful feature of this phone, or I should say Reliance.

The total size of MMS can be 100K which is good enough to have a complete 5 minute midi song, a high resolution image and text of upto 1000 characters!

7. It has got speakerphone as well. Since, the speaker is different from the traditional earpiece speaker, it is very loud and has fine audio output while using Rworld multimedia applications even.

8. The battery is really different and long lasting than other Reliance models - I myself noticed as much as 4 days' stand-by time.

9. 34 in-built ringtones, 3 downloadable from rworld and 5+5+5 from MMS (5 tones can be kept in ringtones menu, 5 can be 'My Media - Sound' menu and 5 can be there in 'MMS inbox'. Downloaded ringtones ring very well and loud unlike 7130 and 7230. Ringtones downloaded from Rworld also ring very loud.

10. It's in-built flash light can also be used as mini torch. Just keep pressed the 'CLR' button for a while and it's on. To put it off, press 'End' key. This is not given in the manual I suppose.

11. 300 number phone book with 4 numbers, 1 email, 1 memo alongwith Photo Caller ID.

12. Apart from the regular features, SMS has features like Deferred Delivery and SMS to multi recipients. Can alos send messages in Hindi.

13. It has USB connectivity for data cable and has improved data transfer rate - upto 153.6 Kbps

Other LG models like 7130 and 7230 had many software bugs which i founf fixed in this set. Over all, I would say for 7000 rupees (though you will find people selling it for even 5700 rupees also in prepaid), it is very very good buy and value for money. Since, I have been using LG 7130 set for the past one and a half year, I can feel the difference in the software and this one has highly improved software.

One of my frined has purchased LG 6000 and I used that set too. That one is also good but this one is far better than 6000. I bet..

I will not say, I does not have nay bugs. In fact, every phone will have. But, overall I will rate 9 out of 10 points.

Hope, this would help.......

Thank u very much basant. Your review is very useful.

I have been using RD 6130 for the last one week and I too find it good in all the respects concerned with the phone but the pics are coming blurred. Yet to see how they look on PC. I have a couple of queries though.

1. Is it possible to transfer the pictures from the gallery to desktop PC? If yes, how? Can we transfer through the appropriate data cable? And can the other data like the names in the phone book be transferred to PC via data cable?

2. If we use the flash as torch light as u have revealed, will it not get damaged because it is designed for flash i.e., to light up for a very short time. Could it be the reason why this feature is not mentioned in the instruction manual?

Wl much appreciate if u can provide the info.

Thx.

Edited by sandy

After the above post, shot some pics and sent to pc by e mail. All of them are blurred (out of focus). Not able to get focus at any range, near or far despite taking adequate precaution to avoid hand shake. All pics are shot at 640x480 resolution. What is the experience of others?

Edited by sandy

1 question --- Outgoing SMS length? 140/160 Characters?

:angry: I also used this handset for a week , and I do agree that it is a great handset but camara is not so good with compare to LG 7230

gr8 review, basant ! :angry:

Hello Friends,

This is for you sandy.

Yes. It is possible to do that using appropriate data cable and the LG PC sync software, though I have not used it as of now. One of my frined has done that has given me the link for PC link software. I do not have the url for the software right now, but will post you in a day or two. Similar function is possible with the phone book as well.

The flash light work smilar to the Nokia torch light 'Made in India' phone (i forgot the model number). Actual it will consume more battery. That's it! Actually, it was mentioned in the initial offer brochure of the handset.

The picture quality is amazingly good, but you need to make sure of the good light. It's, obviously good for using in the daylight. Pictures taken in night will not produce better results. It's true with all mobile cameras.

For dil_1964 ;

I will post a pic of my niece taken by the cell in a day or two, Just to show how good is the picture quality. Actually I already have a very good collection of fine pictures taken by the cell. I will suggest you to follow the proper lighting guidelines for digital cameras.

For Chirag

Outgoing SMS length is 140 Characters, but outgoing/incoming characters length is 1000 characters.

Hope this serves the purpose,

Basant :help:

Edited by basant_jp

Hi,

I have 6130 and have done extensive research on the camera. When shooting in dark increase the brightness and when in sun decrease the same. Also take note that to get clear and sharp pictures turn off the flash during the day time. Flash is good only during night. I get very clean pictures with this phone.

The camera is an added feature to the phone and not vice versa so guys please dont expect the crisp images like one you get in your digital cameras.

Enjoy. This is a great phone at this cost.

Can anyone tell me if I can download a mpg clip on this phone. If yes how?

For Chirag

Outgoing SMS length is 140 Characters, but outgoing/incoming characters length is 1000 characters.

23866[/snapback]

Does tht mean, tht while u can write a msg as long as 1000 characters, only 140 characters reach the destination mobile?

Chirag,

U can use 1000 characters in MMS messages; not in SMS messages.

Basant,

Thank u for the info. LG people have sent me the link for LG PC sync software. I wl download it.

Reg the camera's picture quality:

I, in fact, made it a point to ensure that flash is in off mode during day time photos and also made proper adjustments for light. Despite that, the pictures leave much to be desired. Sure I dont expect the quality as with the higher MP, high precision dig cams but what good is it to get blurred pics all the while? At least in my experience, they are far from being satisfactory leave alone amazing. Or is there something wrong with the camera in my phone?

As an Example, I am posting these unedited pictures taken in broad daylight at 640x480 resolution, Brightness set at -2 and with the flash off.

post-2740-1105378250_thumb.jpg

post-2740-1105378459_thumb.jpg

Edited by sandy

Dear Chirag,

I mistakenly wrote 1000 characters in SMS. actually i meant MMS.

Anyway, I am posting two of the pics taken by the cam.

basant :confuse:

<<<Attatchments deleted>>>>

Edited by basant_jp

I mistakenly wrote 1000 characters in SMS. actually i meant MMS.

23921[/snapback]

No issues.

Both the pics posted by u r a lil blurred. the same is the case with sandy's pics. But i guess its somewht ok, since u cant really expect the pics to be as good as that of digicam's!

Basant,

The pic of the child (? your niece's) has come out really good without any CCD noise. Is it unedited? The other one is blurred.

By the way, do u have any idea of the camera's specs? If not, any source u know where they are given? If we know the Focal Length, depth of field etc., we can better utilise the camera.

Thanks.

I could find the specs of RD 6130 on lgmobiles.com.

Hardly anything about the camera though : 0.33 MP & the sensor type is CMOS.

Of course it is understable because the camera is just an add on to the phone.