Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

LG 6130

Firsts the Minuses or what I would have liked to have.

1. No Infrared, No Bluetooth, No FM radio

2. No Voice Recording

3. No Spare Battery included in the pack

4. Does not support MP3 ringtones

5. No Stereo headset

6. Not possible to change the font size

7. Not possible to change the Theme colour

8. No Screensavers.

9. Clock time no option for Clock variant

10. Cannot delete default pictures/ringtones

11. Speaker Loud but not clear

12. Cannot switch off Handset on/off sound

13. Cannot change the wallpaper for Handset on/off from Gallery.

14. Buttons to near to each other

15. Alarm clock does not work if handset is off.

16. No battery charge status light.

17. Only 140 Characters SMS

18. No music composer

19. Battery charge port at awakard location making it difficult to talk while charging the battery.

20. Data cable not included

21. No Video recording

22. No built in Answering Machine

PLUSES:

1. Excellent Integrated Handsfree Speaker phone

2. Camera with flash

3. 300 phone book memory with 5 entry per memory

4. Ability to download midi tones

5. R world looks great

6. Simple to use menu interface

7. Flash doubles as torch

LG RD 6000

MINUSES

1. No Infrared, No Bluetooth, No FM radio

2. Does not support MP3 ringtones

3. No Stereo headset

4. No Flash in Camera

5. Currently R World multimedia content not available

6. Data cable not included

7. No Video recording

8. Buttons to near to each other

9. No music composer

10. No Profiles menu

11. No integrated Handsfree

12. Pictures is not shown in Caller ID if set closed

13. Answering Machine function very Vague

Plus:

1. Spare Battery

2. Voice Recording upto 4 mins

3. Large Screen

4. Dual LCD

5. Excellent Poly Ringtones

6. Great Sound quality

7. 256K LCD

8. Volume switch.

Overall at Rs6800 in Kolkata LG 6130 is a clear winner.

Hey Guys, no doubt, 6130 is a clear winner but when it comes to RWorld I have some issues.

I cannot connect NSE Quotes under Finance option. Also Cannot connect Makarsankranti and other topics under Hot Topics. More Options screen is screwed up.

Is this with all 6130 or only mine.

Any idea how to get it right. No stock quotes and other Rworld contents available on this handset.

Do I need to have software upgrade?

Pl. help me. :P;);)

i want to know which R world application we can run on this handset and does it gives any problem e.g. continues downloading message while surfing the hotmail messanger through lg rd 2030

guys have u opened any sites thru r-surf, any wallpaper or pics sites?? if yes, do let me know how does it look.

and if u can pl quote the prices of 6130 in ur area, its available for 6500 at nerul webexpress

hi...i hv just joined d forums....i m using lg rd7130 n i want to change my hndset to a camera phone...so anybody can tel me which is beter option....7230...6000... or 6130?????

hi...can i download d ringtones n wallpapers from any wapsite2 lg rd6130

24973[/snapback]

no, you cannot

LG 6130 is a beauty handset and has too many features. this is handset that everybody can afford for such a less price with too many features. i love this set. in the set every features like MMS, Picture camera and many more. my suggestion for customers is pls buy this set, bcos its amazing. its polyphonic ringtones takes u to a new world. it plays like a MP3 player. i love it.

i have a suggestion to LG Team. this handset is very good and i give 99 marks. 1 mark is short bcos, if there would have been a FM Radio feature connected to this set, it will be best of all sets. compared to any mobile industry. i know that in feature it may come. but why not now.

pls help me to download My Media ringtone to LG 6130. i dont no how to download ringtone to My Media ringtone.

Happy Republic Day

thanks

Warm Regards,

Harish.V

Bangalore

Does LG 2030 data cable works with LG 6130?

hello friends,

here i want to know some question about LG 6130.

1> can i send MMS(shooted pics) to all MMS enabled phone?(to these connection AIRTEL, HUTCH ETC)

2> can i send MMS(shooted pics) to to B/W RIM PHONE?

3> what abt its battery power?

4> can i see its screan in sunlight?

5> can i download bollywood ringtones by data cable/mms/sms?

reply soon...

hello friends,

here i want to know some question about LG 6130.

1> can i send MMS(shooted pics) to all MMS enabled phone?(to these connection AIRTEL, HUTCH ETC)

2> can i send MMS(shooted pics) to to B/W RIM PHONE?

3> what abt its battery power?

4> can i see its screan in sunlight?

5> can i download bollywood ringtones by data cable/mms/sms?

reply soon...

25286[/snapback]

Answers:

1. No, you can only send MMS to RIM phones. When you try sending a MMS to a GSM phone(Airtel, Hutch etc.), the phone says sent, although, the MMS is not received.

2. Yes.

3. Good. But not as good as Nokia phones. But certainly better than previous models.

4. I am assuming you r question to be: "Can I clearly see its screen in sunlight"? The answer is No. Since its a CSTN display, its not clearly visible in sunlight. The LG 6000 has a TFT screen, which is better and clearly visible in sunlight.

5. Yes.

jusmail,

Airtel, BSNL, Hutch and Idea in some areas support mms :clap:

I believe only Reliance supports MMS as of now. GSM operators do not have the bandwidth

:clap: had that been the case, we would never have had the great MMS scandal! :)

Thank u very much basant. Your review is very useful.

I have been using RD 6130 for the last one week and I too find it good in all the respects concerned with the phone but the pics are coming blurred. Yet to see how they look on PC. I have a couple of queries though.

1. Is it possible to transfer the pictures from the gallery to desktop PC? If yes, how? Can we transfer through the appropriate data cable? And can the other data like the names in the phone book be transferred to PC via data cable?

2. If we use the flash as torch light as u have revealed, will it not get damaged because it is designed for flash i.e., to light up for a very short time. Could it be the reason why this feature is not mentioned in the instruction manual?

Wl much appreciate if u can provide the info.

Thx.

23708[/snapback]

Hi! Yes it is possible to transfer pica from your fone to ur PC. Many people with 6130 have this question just as I did. SOme people I know keep sending the photos they take to themselves by email and then download it to their comp. A MASSIVE WASTE OF TIME.

What you need is the DATA CABLE and the PC Sync and Link software for the handset. You hould get the software with the cable. You can also download it at www.lgmobiles.com.

After you install the software, you desktop will show two programs. 1. LG DesktopLite and 2. LG Link. Now use the first to download, or upload information like phone numbers, memos, todo ets from your fone to the PC and vice-versa.

Use the second program(LG Link) to transfer pics from ur fone to ur PC.

With LG Link, you will have to create a username and password. The password for you fone by default is 0000, unless you have changed it.

cheers

Prateek

PS- SOme people will tell you that transferring pics directly from your fone to you PC is not possible with 6130. I was told the same by Reliance customer care and LG Service center in Preet Vihar. THIS IS NOT TRUE. These idiots most of the time dont know half the things about what they are selling. I got to know all this thanks to a smart guy from another LG Service Center.

Many people with 6130 have this question just as I did. Some people I know keep sending the photos they take to themselves by email, and then download it to their comp. A MASSIVE WASTE OF TIME.

Some people will tell you that transferring pics directly from your fone to you PC is not possible with 6130. I was told the same by Reliance customer care and LG Service center in Preet Vihar. THIS IS NOT TRUE. These idiots most of the time dont know half the things about what they are selling. I got to know all this thanks to a smart guy from another LG Service Center, and have been transfering pics directly from my fone to the PC regularly.

What you need is the DATA CABLE and the PC Sync and Link software for the handset. You hould get the software with the cable. You can also download it at www.lgmobiles.com.

After you install the software, you desktop will show two programs. 1. LG DesktopLite and 2. LG Link. Now use the first to download, or upload information like phone numbers, memos, todo ets from your fone to the PC and vice-versa.

Use the second program(LG Link) to transfer pics from ur fone to ur PC.

With LG Link, you will have to create a username and password. The password for you fone by default is 0000 (unless you have changed it). If you need more clarification, mail me at prateeksen@gmail.com

cheers

Prateek

Hey !! I have LG Rd 6130 from last 1 month, I am geeting the PC Sync problem with my Pc whenever i tried to read phonebook from my mobile through PC Sync it gives me error, first it shows that 2 entry has been read then it stops and say failed to connect ( This error gives in Wix Xp Prof with SP2 ) I have dual operating m/c and in win98 it doesn't show the port COM3 in Config of Pc Sync software, can any one help me to sync and is this possible to sync SMS also.

thanks for the info, prateek !

Thanks Prat.

Since I have posted that query, I bought the data cable & have been using it successfully for both data transfer & picture transfer. Would like to know whether it is possible to send pictures from PC to phone as well thro data cable. Think some phones have got that facility because in the help file of the Lg link software D/L from lgmobiles.com, i see that provision.

One more important thing is I am having to use different com ports (to be set in sync manager) for desktop lite & LG link; otherwise, they r not recognising that the phone is connected to the PC.

Edited by sandy

Gone thru discussion it well helped me lot :quest: , I am basically looking for Sync/Link sw in some discussion it was mention to visit lgmobiles.com and downloaded the SW tested it but it was for COM port i require it for USB any help / info ?

:cheer:

I believe only Reliance supports MMS as of now. GSM operators do not have the bandwidth

25309[/snapback]

farce!

other operators do support mms, and that is a REAL mms, where u can snd msgs to other operators and all webmails via internet(wap) . but rim snds mms only to r-world enabled handsets. it's not any kind of internet, but it's an intranet!

The Software which you donwload from lgmobiles.com work irrespective of your cable is USB or COM. That is taken care by the driver which you will be using for the data cable. you can download the driver for this cable from the website of FTDI as this cable is by manufactured by them. Just search the google for the website of FTDI

Hi GUyz,

Dunno if this is the right thread or not...neways have this problem that needs a little sorting out.

I juss purchased a brand new 6130 and have the problrm of receiving emails on it. I do receive the message asking me to connect and it goes up till the stage when its all ready to download the sound/image file. Thats when i get the message "Message not found on MMSC". Any idea why this is happening?

Also what should be the resolutions of images send it to a LG 6130 via email.

Any response would be appreciated..

Peace

well guyz,

i dont know if u , who have a lg 6130 realised this...

in r-wrld when u goto a site and then you select add to favourtie...it doesnt work..!!!