Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

6130 people,please help,

question 1:

will anybody please tell me that WILL A SERIAL DATA CABLE BE ABLE TO TRANSFER AUDIO AND IMAGES TO PC????? i tried USB but only dektoplite works, ie only contacts, schedule todo n memo. LG link starter says 'CHECK UR CONNECTING CONDITION' . i got a duplicate LG 2230 data cable for Rs.350/- please help yaar so dat i can get USB xchanged with serial one if it works.

2nd question:

where will i find Service Programming Code, QPST asks for it in every application. i m a newbie so please help!!!

PLEASE TRY TO ANSWER BOTH QUESTIONS, if not 2nd, 1st is very important!!!

I believe only Reliance supports MMS as of now. GSM operators do not have the bandwidth

:grin: had that been the case, we would never have had the great MMS scandal! :grin:

25330[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing my ignorance in such a subtle manner!!

Does LG 2030 data cable works with LG 6130?

25271[/snapback]

did ne1 answer this question.... i cant find an answer pls reply soon.....

I am using LG6130 for last two months. Only issue I have noticed is that the standby time is only 24-28 hours. Also if I talk on the phone for 1 hour in a day the battery drains in 20 hours. But none of the specification sheet mention about the stand by time so that I can raise a complaint on the same

Please advice

Soans

6. Midi files and jpg images can be sent as attatchment to this phone thru emails (your phone MMS id would be - '9193xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com') and the content can be saved as ringtones or wallpapers.

There is a website - www.muskurahat.com, from where all latest hindi midi ringtones can be downloaded over internet and can be mailed to this phone thru any email. This is yet another wonderful feature of this phone, or I should say Reliance.

WHy is this not working for me....I receive the message saying MMS received after sending the email...however the message does not download. Keep getting the error " Message not Available on MMSC". Its driving me nuts.

The dumb f*ck at reliance customer service sez....this phone does not have the facility to receive emails. Is he right...

Any idea how much the data cable would set me back by...can i use it to transfer sound and image files.

SOS...helpppp

thank you

6130 people,please help,

question 1:

will anybody please tell me that WILL A SERIAL DATA CABLE BE ABLE TO TRANSFER AUDIO AND IMAGES TO PC????? i tried USB but only dektoplite works, ie only contacts, schedule todo n memo. LG link starter says 'CHECK UR CONNECTING CONDITION' . i got a duplicate LG 2230 data cable for Rs.350/- please help yaar so dat i can get USB xchanged with serial one if it works.

2nd question:

where will i find Service Programming Code, QPST asks for it in every application. i m a newbie so please help!!!

3rd question:

what model in bitpim's "list of handsets supported" be selected for 6130??? if u have tried then tell coz "other CDMA phone" option does not detect it.

hi all

i am not able to send pictures from my hansdset to any email adress through MMS . Though i am able to send normal text messages without any problem.Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

indiatimes.com!

but premium charges apply!!!

and our own rimweb, read the technical programming forum for more details on how to send ringtones to ur phone using email.

This handset seems to have the problem of being not able to view the screen. The LCD light switches off after few secs, this makes it really difficult to know if the cell is ON or swtiched OFF. Any idea on this?

I guess its the same feature as in LG RD 5130... yes, its a feature and not a problem, to save battery charge. Though it would have been nice if they could have given an option for controlling (on or off) it too.

I believe only Reliance supports MMS as of now. GSM operators do not have the bandwidth

25309[/snapback]

farce!

other operators do support mms, and that is a REAL mms, where u can snd msgs to other operators and all webmails via internet(wap) . but rim snds mms only to r-world enabled handsets. it's not any kind of internet, but it's an intranet!

26095[/snapback]

That is partially correct.

Its true that presently you can send MMS to RIM subscribers only. But you can send MMS to and from email address!!

Secondly, you cant send MMS to GSM network because of interconnect agreements are not in place. Could it be that GSM guys just cant handle the load ? Absolutely !!

Thirdly, somebody remarked it as true MMS.. Hmmm Guy is talking off his hat I guess... MMS is just a format of message and is not specified by carriers. Carriers merely buy the software to enable them. So dont go believing every crap you read.

6130 people,please help,

question 1:

2nd question:

3rd question:

what model in bitpim's "list of handsets supported" be selected for 6130??? if u have tried then tell coz "other CDMA phone" option does not detect it.

26258[/snapback]

A1. Bitpim should help but dunno which device make will help. Check in tech forum section for device mapping for 2230/7150

A2: QPST.. Hmm unlikely.. if u r not in techie/hacking type, suggest that u run the prob with the service center. Debug versions exist but unlikely to be found in public domain.

A3: read A1

Basant,

The pic of the child (? your niece's) has come out really good without any CCD noise. Is it unedited? The other one is blurred.

By the way, do u have any idea of the camera's specs? If not, any source u know where they are given? If we know the Focal Length, depth of field etc., we can better utilise the camera.

Thanks.

23954[/snapback]

Actually, as basant said, some rnd is required...

my eperiences listed below

1. Pics in yelllow bulb light are not great unless they are really bright on the subject area. If light source is resonably away, you get a lot of noise.

2. In built Flash ... Hmm I wld rather not use it.. pics came out awful.. only one side lit up like diwali..

3. Bright daylight is great for pics..

4. Sunshine directly on subject makes the subject appear bleached

5. Diffused sunlight that is .. on the outside under bright shady area .. works the best..

6. Point the centre of the pic in a dark spot and pics will get brightened up.. I think automatically. I usually have the lighting at -2 and take pics in daylight mostly.

will post some pics soon of my daughter and niece..

Is it possible to send pictures from 6130 to any email id using MMS? (Y / N)

While using lg link it says

"No response from the phone"

"Recheck the connecting condition"

Any Suggestions?

I am planning to buy 6130 .. please let me know if anyone is able to sync memo ,todo list etc with 6130 ? This feature doesn't seem to work with 7130 ....

26676[/snapback]

Yes. It is possible to send (receive as well) pictures to (and from) email ids from 6130.

As for using data cable for PC sync and LG link, let me share my experience. I purchased a local serial data cable for rupees 350 and used it. I could successfuly sync the phone book in my very first try on my PC. But ofcourse, LG link didn't work. Then i changed the port and i could use LG link and download images, but not PC sync. So in my PC, PC sync and LG link, both works but on different ports.

I used the same cable on my laptop, which has only one serial port and to my surprise, I could use PC Sync and LG Link both on it, that too in the very first attempt.

Anyway, I did not have much problems downloading images from 6130 to my PC/Laptop.

Thanks basant for the reply ... so what ur are saying is that you were able to sync memo ,todo list etc with ur 6130 . I just want to comfirm because with 7130 i am able to sync the phone book but not others like memo , todo list and shedules etc ....

26676[/snapback]

Yes. It is possible to send (receive as well) pictures to (and from) email ids from 6130.

As for using data cable for PC sync and LG link, let me share my experience. I purchased a local serial data cable for rupees 350 and used it. I could successfuly sync the phone book in my very first try on my PC. But ofcourse, LG link didn't work. Then i changed the port and i could use LG link and download images, but not PC sync. So in my PC, PC sync and LG link, both works but on different ports.

I used the same cable on my laptop, which has only one serial port and to my surprise, I could use PC Sync and LG Link both on it, that too in the very first attempt.

Anyway, I did not have much problems downloading images from 6130 to my PC/Laptop.

26747[/snapback]

hi

initially i was not able to send pictures to email-id, but i m able to do so. i just called up customer care and told them the problem and he did something on his computer and guess what? it started working for me.

And regarding that lg link its still not working.i get the same msg "mobile not responding".i tried changing the port but again same msg.

As i m able to transfer pics to computer ( mms to email-id), i don't really need lg link. But still if anyone has any solution.Please tell me.

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone have a handset specifications for lg 6130 ... like the one somone sent for others .. It was an xls file and contained details like heap size .. falsh size ... and other details ...

TIA

Hello friends,

There is an issue, which I have come across while using 6130. When you receive any SMS, it does not pick up the sender's details (name) from the phonebook. Hope it would get resolved with the software upgrade.

Are you sure that the sender's number is in the right format ? Most GSM numbers add 0091 to the number when received. I don't think such a problem exists in the handset.

i cant recieve BPL no's properly on LG6130 they come with 0091982300000 thats it .. like its a 9 digit mobile number... Can this problem be solved somehow.. if i get any 0091-no calls the number comes out to be 9 digit..

I have used for 6130 for just a week and here's my small review!

At first 6130 looks like a big bro of 5130...but this is unique and a great phone in whole Reliance family.

The R World...is really at a superb speed...and the best thing is the Native MMS support. Ability to download free wallpaers and Ringtones. Everytime i save 12 bucks...that to with a much better MIDI ringtone. Native MMS is the right thing at the right place. it' just takes a second to send an image, to my e-mail id. Much faster than GSM anyday.

The flash which doubles as torch is much better than what nokia offers, extremely bright and looks like a mini Meta-hel-light. :)

Camera is waht definatley takes a back seat, nothing comapred to 6600, but than it's much better than any 6000 bucks phone can offer.

Ringtones are loud and sound nice...though not as sterophonic as the 7230's but it's nice and very clear, thank to the speakerphone.

Built quality is average as prone scratches. Nokia do excel in this regard.

Good memory, but could have been better with user manageble.

I don't have a cabel...and i really don't need one! To transfer the images i just mail them to my id...and woila just in a second it's there! Though i cannot save my ID and it's cumbersome process to send all the pics sperately.

R World motion pictures are good...with speaker phone u can really make use of the AAJ TAK.

Keypad layout is not something to write home about...ok..but to much close!

So..far i haven't come across any software bugs and i haven't upgraded it till now.

i have laminated it and it accidentley it slipped of and had a drop of 3ft. By the god's grace....there wasn't a single scratch.

Final words.....All in all the best phone in Reliance's family.

Some points i would like to suggest as far as software & hardware is concerend!

(1) Change of Text format (ie:T9 to ABC) is cumbersome, and default values are odd.

(2) Camera is prone to damage, and cover would had been a useful feature.

(3)Key Pad light goes very quickly...atleast a 30 second or a manual adjustment would had been apreciated.

(4) Body frame is prone to scratches, a more rugged back would had been better.

My advice to all the ppl who are intending to go for a sub 15000 phone!

Don't wait go for it! :P

Edited by rahuldevnath