Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

Hi Friend,

Can u tell me, from where & how to update software in my Reliance LG RD 6130. I wanna update it coz i have not yet updated it and now my handset is giving problems. pls guide me in this regard.

mahesh.

Go to LG Service center at Trade Wings B-Wing, Kamla Mills Compound, LOWER PAREL(W), Mumbai. There, you can update your software. If it is out of warranty, then they may charge u some fees. But if something goes wrong during update, they are not responsible.

The phonebook, tasks and I think maybe images can be backed up. Tones, messages will be deleted.

i am having lg rd 6130 mobile phone can i get an FM headset for that mobile. if i can pls send me the link or tell me the model no of that headset.

You will find lots of them in SP Road or National Market... Cost anything from 80-110 only thing is they require those cells which are put in watches... so you better decide where will you pick up these button cells from...in case you can get chinese button cells then no problem

If the charging port of ur PCB is giving trouble, please check ur charger's charging Pin. It shudn't be bent. If it is bent, then ur PCB can get damaged again n again. Its a bit delicate out there... Generally the LG ASC guys just solder the connection at the charging port on the PCB and return it back. They dont replace the PCB unless it is very necessary.

I had the same problem with my phone finally got a charger which connects through the data port of the phone after that no problem of babysitting my phone to make it charge :Riendo: . Cost me 250/- from LG service centre guess must be available cheaper outside

Has anybody ever changes body cover and/or keypads for 6130.

I tried to find out in local accessory shops in vain so far for this particular.

In case you have any idea where to get them lemme know the approx price ranges..

TIA

ya they can be changed thru LG service center with worth rs 149 for key pad about 240 for rest of body:: xpensive na?? i know and this is the only monopoly played by LG handsets:;and u know wats:: this problem has been occur to each and every handset of LG 6130 besdie if u have not covered it

Hello to all the members,

I have been reading the posts for quite some time.

Thanks for your efforts in making this such an informative platform.

I have been using this phone since last 8 months and I feel it is undoubtedly the best in its catagory.

Although there are certain shortcomings it is also rich in features and utility.

I will come back with my concern for one the feature after some time.

Thanks once again.

Hi Everybody.

I have my problem with the message editor in particular.

Firstly, It has only 140 character limit. That means the limit ends up as soon as u try to write the climax of your message. that is to say the ending line of the message.

Secondly, it does not have any "Enter key" or new line character to go to next line. U have to punch in spaces to go to next line. And the spaces count as characters. So u are limited to write only simple, continous-line text messages instead of fancily formatted messages that are possible in Nokia handsets.

what u people think?

Is there any Software to transfer SMS from LG 6130 to PC and vice-versa.

LG sync/link does show it in help file. But the option is not available in the program.

Somebody Help.

Does any1 know how to use the Auto redial feature (Menu > Settings > Call > Auto Redial) on LG 6130.

Please guide me.

Dear friends,

As I said earlier, I will come up with my experiences with LG RD 6130. Here I am..

I found this handset very much user friendly and feature rich.

Apart form being a phone with callsy looks, great voice clarity and good connectivity, it has some brilliant features. just have a look at the features -

1. It has brilliant 65000 Colour backlight LCD with 6 line text display. Good Enough and far better than Nokia or Ericsson GSM sets.

2. 16 polyphonic sound - Much better than LG RD 7130 or 7230

3. 0.3 MP Digital Camera with in-built flash - with image resolutions upto 640 X 480 pixels. Also have upto 4x zoom facility at lower resolution. The camera is really cool and is one of the best camera (in a phone) available in the market. The lowest resolution in this handset is what most of the mobiles including Nokia offer in their so called 'the best' camera phones.

4. As many as 25 images can be saved in the 'Gallery' irrespective of the resolution. Further Upto 5 images can also be saved in 'My Media > Images' menu and 5 other in 'wallpaper > My Media Images 1-5'. Also have the black/white mode and 15 interesting fun frames.

5. It comes with the 'Click and Send' feature. Take picture and instantly send it to any RIM or any email address. Can be sent to upto 10 recipients at one go. The message can be of upto 1000 characters in MMS. Just imagine, sending all important emails right thru your cell, anytime and anywhere. Above all, MMS feature is currently free!!!

6. Midi files and jpg images can be sent as attatchment to this phone thru emails (your phone MMS id would be - '9193xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com') and the content can be saved as ringtones or wallpapers.

There is a website - www.muskurahat.com, from where all latest hindi midi ringtones can be downloaded over internet and can be mailed to this phone thru any email. This is yet another wonderful feature of this phone, or I should say Reliance.

The total size of MMS can be 100K which is good enough to have a complete 5 minute midi song, a high resolution image and text of upto 1000 characters!

7. It has got speakerphone as well. Since, the speaker is different from the traditional earpiece speaker, it is very loud and has fine audio output while using Rworld multimedia applications even.

8. The battery is really different and long lasting than other Reliance models - I myself noticed as much as 4 days' stand-by time.

9. 34 in-built ringtones, 3 downloadable from rworld and 5+5+5 from MMS (5 tones can be kept in ringtones menu, 5 can be 'My Media - Sound' menu and 5 can be there in 'MMS inbox'. Downloaded ringtones ring very well and loud unlike 7130 and 7230. Ringtones downloaded from Rworld also ring very loud.

10. It's in-built flash light can also be used as mini torch. Just keep pressed the 'CLR' button for a while and it's on. To put it off, press 'End' key. This is not given in the manual I suppose.

11. 300 number phone book with 4 numbers, 1 email, 1 memo alongwith Photo Caller ID.

12. Apart from the regular features, SMS has features like Deferred Delivery and SMS to multi recipients. Can alos send messages in Hindi.

13. It has USB connectivity for data cable and has improved data transfer rate - upto 153.6 Kbps

Other LG models like 7130 and 7230 had many software bugs which i founf fixed in this set. Over all, I would say for 7000 rupees (though you will find people selling it for even 5700 rupees also in prepaid), it is very very good buy and value for money. Since, I have been using LG 7130 set for the past one and a half year, I can feel the difference in the software and this one has highly improved software.

One of my frined has purchased LG 6000 and I used that set too. That one is also good but this one is far better than 6000. I bet..

I will not say, I does not have nay bugs. In fact, every phone will have. But, overall I will rate 9 out of 10 points.

Hope, this would help.......

i am not getting the midi files i am getting only the text

Good post.

Wanted to know the handsfree socket size for lg rd 6130? Is it 2.5mm or 3.5 mm?

Regards,

Omprakash

Guys

i have a 6130 up for sale only in bangalore. i have changed the outer cover to blue colour and i also have the original silver colour cover as well. absolutely excellent working condition with manual etc. serious buyers from bangalore only pl call 9341214050 /9448242885

I have just joined today.

Can any one tell whther there is any url from where I can get the uploaded phone book? My data cable is not workin and there is a problem with sync software. My handset is LG RD6130.

Please help