Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Mobile Number Portability service from November 25

^ I am also not getting LRN in "My Account" for DOCOMO number.

@kesav could you post a screenshot?

Hope me_saket's screen-shot is sufficient?

yup! Thanks @me_saket, @kesav :)

Looks like MNP implementation is hotting up in the circles served by Telcordia.

Please find the order below which mentions the withdrawal of 2nd LRN allocated to BSNL in TN circle for implementing MNP.

http://dot.gov.in/as/2010/as-III_05.10.2010.pdf

Accidentely BSNL has been allocated double LRN in 'rest of Tamilnadu' & 'Chennai' separately although BSNL works under unified Tamilnadu licenese.

Now DoT cancels one set which signifies that the things are in progress for MNP and someone might have higlighted this issue to DoT while doing work on MNP.

Edited by kesav

from TN circle

i found 3400 added to tata docomo numbers in myaccount

4 days to go......

Hope TRAI is ready with proper ammunition to shoot down trouble creating donors then and there.

^^^

I don't think there will be another date added now for the initiation of MNP. At last the magic of MNP is going to be true on 25th November 2010. :)

Aur agar nahi hua 25 November ko MNP start toh WATT hai. :P

:previous:

Kamal bhai... How are you too sure about that.. I won't believe MNP will come till the minute, it is announced/launched officially...

For now, I think the current political chaos is enough to say as a reason to postpone MNP (say Kapil uncle needs to review the MNP guidelines fully, before official launching)..

^^^

Dear Kanaga......for surity......YEH ANDER KI BAAT HAI.:winko:

Kisi ko bolna matt. :NOTriste:

Hope Kapil Uncle will not emerge as UNCLE SAM. :P

:previous:

Wow.. Since, Kamal ji is giving surity, I think, we will get MNP now (atleast by first quarter of 2011). Let us hope, our great observer has got correct insider info..

My only hope of MNP arrival, is that "Congress govt has earned a very bad name due to 2G scam and they may introduce MNP without any further delay to get good name (or atleast to avoid further bad name)".. Further maama 0bama's visit also helped in clearing the Telec0rdia case..

Also just now, I have seen Idea's ad about MNP.. Either they are sure that MNP is coming without further delay OR they have already taken steps to postpone it and acting like "We dont have fear on MNP"..

Today evening, it has been confirmed in the news that MNP is getting launched on 25th November in Rohtak district of Haryana.

LEts hope we will not having shocking news of postponemnet again

Home ministry official arrested for leaking sensitive info on Mobile Number Portability

NEW DELHI:

An IAS officer working with the Home Ministry was arrested today for allegedly leaking sensitive information of commercial interests to some telecom companies on number portability issue.

Ravi Inder Singh, a 1994 batch IAS officer of West Bengal cadre, who was working as Director in the sensitive Internal Security division, was under surveillance of the Special Cell of Delhi Police and was arrested this evening following which searches were carried out at his office and residence, sources said.

The sources said charges of abuse of official position, pecuniary benefits and illegal gratification under the Prevention of Corruption Act could be slapped against the official.

Sources said that he had allegedly indulged in criminal conspiracy with some telecom firms on the issue of number portability of mobile phones which comes into effect from November 25 beginning with Haryana.

Mobile number portability (MNP) allows mobile users to change their service provider while retaining the same number.

However, Delhi Police remained tightlipped with its Special Commissioner P N Aggarwal claiming that no one had been arrested so far.

Earlier, Home Secretary G K Pillai said a raid has been conducted on Singh's office and residence following allegation that he has been leaking sensitive information out of Home Ministry.

A Home Ministry source said Singh was passing sensitive information to commercial firms in connection with security clearance. The officer has been under surveillance for about a month.

The Internal Security Division of the Home Ministry is considered to be the most sensitive wing and handles all crucial issues related to the country's security.

Times of India

:angry: complete story lays path to one more postponement of MNP may be for one month or one year.

So many :previous::previous::previous: road blocks for MNP

^^^

I don't think that there will be any delay for MNP now.

Kapil Sibbal is going to launch the MNP services in Rohtak (Haryana) at Maharishi Dayanand University on 25th November. :)

^^^

I don't think that there will be any delay for MNP now.

Kapil Sibbal is going to launch the MNP services in Rohtak (Haryana) at Maharishi Dayanand University on 25th November. :)

Idea is very aggressively promoting itself for MNP.. TV commercials are going on continuously. so it is not possible for it to get delayed anymore..

Only idea making noise as of now.. othrs r silent.. let see wht happens in 2 days

Only idea making noise as of now.. othrs r silent.. let see wht happens in 2 days

MNP confirmed,

today's times of india has evidence

I hope I am the first on this forum to report the MNP to go live without further delay :Sorprendido:

post-55219-0-07408400-1290591320_thumb.p

Edited by amitnsonu
  • Like 1

Great!!

request users from Haryana in Rimweb to post their experience once it is operational tomorrow.

Just 1 day to go.....

Heart is pounding....

Pulse is racing......

Body is shivering.....

MNP confirmed,

today's times of india has evidence

I hope I am the first on this forum to report the MNP to go live without further delay :Sorprendido:

Amit more than being the first to report the news, you just saved a precious life who was just about to get a heart attack. Noble Deed. clap.gif

I am from haryana.......... i visited reliance webworld but they dont' know anything till now.....just they r saying that they will be sure next month....... lets see what will happen tommorrow.......i am willing to switch operator for my reliance gsm postpaid but they stupid people have wrongly calculated my unbilled........lets see when they will solve that issue and will allow me to switch...

MNP-India.jpg

Haryana Gets To Be The Lucky One- Set To Begin Mobile Number Portability

The much awaited Mobile Number Portability (MNP) will be introduced in Haryana on 25th Nov (Remember we shared the same on November 1st, 2010) in Haryana telecom circle.

According to the announcement by The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, the implementation of MNP in the rest of the country will be completed by December or January 2011.

Mobile Number Portability (MNP) allows the Mobile service subscribers to retain their existing mobile number when they move from one Service Provider to another Service Provider. Customer will have to send an SMS “PORT” followed by Mobile Number to short code 1900. Based on this subscriber will get a unique porting code as SMS from the existing service provider.

After getting the porting code, customer need to make an application in the prescribed form mentioning the code to the selected or desired new service provider for porting of Mobile Number. A period of 4 days has been prescribed for completion of porting (transfer) of the mobile number to the network of the new service provider.

Courtesy : Telecom Talk