Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

RIMweb.in Member Of The Year - 2010

RIMweb.in Member of the Year 2010  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your RIMweb.in Member of the Year 2010?

• dkaile
    • HetalDP
    • Hitesh
    • Greatest
    • Honest
    • Kangadeepan
    • Kesav
    • kshah
    • Mufaddal
    • Racoon
    • Sadikk
    • SumitVerma

With around 50 days left for the 7th Anniversary of RIMweb.in, it is time to vote for the RIMweb.in Member of the Year - 2010.

This recognition is meant to honor the best member of the year who has made significant contributions for the RIMweb.in community. A community depends on all its members and not a few individuals; we are indeed blessed to have many contributing members in our community; but we still need to recognize the top contributing members so as to inspire every other member to achieve the same and also to keep them motivated.

What are the few qualities that makes the best RIMwebian? Here are some of them that comes to my mind:

- Supports anyone for problems faced for any reason without monetary consideration or self interest (The very purpose and soul of this forum).

- Is always accessible and prompt in responses with clear understanding of the problem and resolution.

- Who is always one step ahead of others for technical skills and knowledge of the latest.

- Who burns the midnight oil to find solutions for others.

- Who wants to share his knowledge and skills for the benefit of the community.

- Who has provided the best handsets at the most attractive prices with solid and stable performance in terms of programming and performance.

- Who has always kept the interest of RIMweb at heart and not the personal interest.

Well the qualities can be many but I think you get the essence of what I am trying to convey. Make Your own Judgment about the RIMweb.in Member of the Year - 2010!

I have added a list of the few RIMwebians in the poll who I think deserve to be nominated for this award in my limited knowledge. Anyone whose name may not appear here should take no offense. It will be due to my limited understanding of the deserving candidates only and not anything lacking on their part. In the original list of nominees, I had included the name of Arun, our Admin; but he has refused to be a nominee citing the reason that as the admin/owner of the forum he does not find it appropriate. I respect that but he remains the reason we all are here and so i would say he is RIMweb person of this Decade!! Cheers for him!!

Along with your vote in the poll, members are expected to post their own reasoning for choosing a particular person. However please do not post anything that reveals the current result/trend of the poll. Viewing results before voting is current disabled in the forum. This is a private poll which means that others will not know whom you voted for.

The RIMweb.in Member of the Year - 2010 will be announced on the 7th Anniversary day as that is when the poll ends. The RIMweb.in Member of the Year - 2010 will win a RIMweb.in engraved Apple iPod Shuffle (6th Generation). 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th winners will get the book "Ambani & Sons" which is a must read for any Reliance Follower.

If you wish to sponsor/donate for the prizes for Member of the Year 2010 and the upcoming 7th Anniversary Giveaways, please send an email to: arun@rimweb.com

I request EVERY single member of RIMweb.in to vote and post to really make this a broad-based people's poll. You owe at least this much to RIMWEB.in community.

Thank you for reading & voting; I wish everyone a Happy Diwali!

• Like 3

+1 For Rajan Bhai. :clap:

If there were two or more categories of award it would have been more interesting.

Where are Arun/ Greatest/ Kamal/ Kesav to name a few?

Who decided the nominations?

To me all members are contributing. There should not be any discrimination. The techies/Mods/Gurus are always revered by us. This forum is like a family.

I'll not vote for anybody.

Edited by sougatadc

I share the same views as expressed by sougatadc. This is NOT an exhaustive list of members who have contributed the most to this forum. This poll is totally unnecessary and if so anyone desire, the names should be nominated by say more than 10 members (like we do with the oscars and grammy). But I wont be voting for any particular person as I have imbibed knowledge at some point or other from all the GURUS.

Ye to kisi ko bura lagane wali baat hai bhaiya, Sab log apani catagary me badhiya hai.

My vote is for Mufaddal.

Always ready for help.

@Rajan Mehta, My vote is for Arun whether he's in the list or not.

IMHO, I feel you deserve to be in the list along with Greatest, Raccoon, Kangadeepan & Karthik R to name a few.

You might have had discussion with other people before arriving at this list. I always feel collective wisdom is better than individual's and I respect that.

I request fellow members not to get dejected for not finding their favourite in this list but please try to choose one from this elite list(since each member listed certainly deserve their place).

To be honest, most of the time I never look at name of poster unless the content is so thought-provoking and concluding.

Had I been intimated at the begining of the year that this contest is going to happen then I could have archived lovely posts in my PC and made effort to see the name of the poster now and then and cast the vote to more deserving candidate.

My current vote can only be based on current memory which I'm sure doesn't have storage of lovely posts earlier than 4 months from now. At the best it can choose only the Rimweb member of this quarter.

Sabhi apne hain, kisko vote doon?

Need to vote for more than 1 person

my vote for muffi

Voted for Hitesh Bhai.

well very tough choice as all names specially muffaddal, dhiraj, hetal all desrves it... But as have to chose one my vote is for hetal for giving us MEID registration...

I Cast My Vote :)

:Decepcionado: totally confused whom to vote...

voted.jpg Re-Voted :) Edited by Anupe

I would like to vote for :

Sadikk

Mufaddal

Hitesh

Dkaile

Hetal

Can I give 5 votes ?

Its difficult to choose one ..... :(

@Arun - How about allowing multiple votes? That would get interesting ! :)

Multiple Votes now allowed Guy Please Delete your Vote and then Revote

Please include other great members' names also to make it proper.

I think a few clarifications are in order.

I came up with idea of RIMweb Member of The Year 2010 in the month of September 2010. The basic idea behind this was to,

-Motivate members who come here only for problem resolution should come alive and contribute to the forum.

-Promote RIMweb as an excellent community with bondings and give all members a good view of the Gurus/Giants who have contributed to make it what it is today and particularly for the year 2010.

But before doing this on my own, i thought it proper to take a view and concurrence from our Admin Arun. And so we had a good exchange of ideas regarding this. It was thought that it will be a very good idea to allign with our RIMweb 7th Anniversary Celebrations.

I am really thankful to Arun who showed great enthusiasm in this idea and then refined it in many aspects including the price money.

The original list of nominees was prepared by me containing names of 7 members including our Admin Arun. As already mentioned in the first post in this thread since Arun refused to be a part of nomination, one nominee was added based on his suggestion in place of him. As regarding the rest of the nominees, they were all chosen by me on the following factors,

-No. of meaningful posts during the year 2010.

-Reputation Points.

-Assisting everyone with their problems and sharing their technical knowledge with us.

-Providing good handsets at good prices enabling people to experience real CDMA.

And rest what qualities i mention in my first post in this poll. For this purpose, i spent about 7 days in searching members based on above criteria and went through almost each and every post by them by searching.

So i suppose this clears the air for some of the members views expressed here. I felt some of them just missed the noble intention behind this.

The Winner of this Poll will get the Ipod Shuffle and 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place winneres will get the book "Ambani & Sons".

So i request each and every member of RIMweb to vote and post their reasons for voting and most importantly contribute their own share for the price money. Many of us spend huge amounts on handsets and we need to have a large heart for our community so that maximum number of members will get the price money. I have already marked my contribution.

Edited by rajanmehta

Added more nominees in the list now: Honest, Kesav, Greatest, Racoon, Kangadeepan

Members can delete vote and re-vote if required as new nominees are added now.

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place winners will get the book "Ambani & Sons".

Based on some members request "Multiple Vote" was enabled by HetaldDP but this will not make sense when we have to pick a winner from the list. If Multiple Voting is enabled then we have to vote for everyone in the list because everyone deserves our vote. This will not help in picking up a winner as everyone will have the same votes in the end.

My vote goes to Mufi..........

Voted. Democracy, secret vote. Lol