Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

RIMweb.in Member Of The Year - 2010

RIMweb.in Member of the Year 2010  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your RIMweb.in Member of the Year 2010?

• dkaile
    • HetalDP
    • Hitesh
    • Greatest
    • Honest
    • Kangadeepan
    • Kesav
    • kshah
    • Mufaddal
    • Racoon
    • Sadikk
    • SumitVerma

The names can not be chosen abruptly, we should be free to choose from all the members of RIMweb and not be given a restricted choice. A restricted choice is NO choice at all.

It would be worthwhile to know the parameters for the names to be chosen!!

Names has not been chosen abruptly at all. Read the first post of this thread and then read this clarification post. http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__207504

And then read this post for nominee overview

A huge effort has gone into this. I request every member to first read the entire thread before putting in knee jerk reactions as few earlier ones did.

Edited by rajanmehta

there have been no meets since past few years

its very difficult that all people be free at same time

when one is free another is not

thats why we all meet individually

@rajan

well you cant help it bro

critics are everywhere

you have given a very detailed reasons for each of member

if other members wanna add more names , just put a post requesting to add a particular name and reason for it , and it will be added by admin

give inputs

dont come in and give vague critics

Edited by Mufaddal

bhai yeah dr sahib bina maara hi zindabad ban chuka haan,

lolz

The names can not be chosen abruptly, we should be free to choose from all the members of RIMweb and not be given a restricted choice. A restricted choice is NO choice at all.

It would be worthwhile to know the parameters for the names to be chosen!!

Names has not been chosen abruptly at all. Read the first post of this thread and then read this clarification post. http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__207504

And then read this post for nominee overview http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__207738

A huge effort has gone into this. I request every member to first read the entire thread before putting in knee jerk reactions as few earlier ones did.

rajanmehta, sir, pl. understand, you have offended me.

May be it is not clear from my views that I am not against the names that have been suggested by you, my knee and my jerk.

My intention is only to make a point so as to have all the members who are part of the RIMweb should have say in which names should be part of a list from which again the entire forum can vote and go for the best.

Every member tries to be friendly and put in his best efforts, i have very good experience of it and many others will agree.

So you will understand, with all apologies, my knee does not have anything to do with the jerk and yes i have gone through all the data that has been compiled by you and notings made by fellow members.

I voted to Hetal. He is a caring and a ready to help immediately :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

My Vote for HetalDP.. :clap:

Why?

HetalDP

-The man with all the connections in the right place!! (As far as Reliance is concerned) and will use those connections most of the time for benefit of the community.

-True CDMA Lover (Like one of the die hard fan which Apple has for Mac)

-Android Lover and programming ka itna knowledge hai to post bhi Doctors ke prescription jaisi hoti hai!! Short, sweet but loaded with good technical info.

How can anybody Forget the Great Great HPSMS-Server i know its not in distribution now, at that time in 2006 and 2007 more then 300 People have used this Software and saved more then Rs 9000 for SMS Software. HPSMS-Server Software was free

@Ranjan Please add the Follow Achivements to HP sir

1. Contribution of Forum by HPSMS-Server

2. Great ROMS for PPC6700, PPC6800, and HTC Touch for Reliance CDMA

3. First man who have made all .Cab fro Internet / Customized Windows PPC for CDMA, shown us how to open R World and use that Imported Devices

4. He is a VIP member of PPCGeeks.com (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/member.php?u=12432 )

5. The man who gave us ## Codes OEM so the ROM on which ## Codes dont work this OEM is cabalble of doing it

6. Give us CAB files for TATA Internet and PRL for this

I am still using His HPSMSServer on my Nokia 6275 and sent more then 900000 SMS till the day

what i am seeing here is most people who are voting are ones with little to no posts , and many of advance members , veterans , rim gurus , i hardly see votes .......

where are the regular posters of rimweb ??, i dont see much votes from that group ,

are they not aware of it ??

count as of now shows 126 , means only 126 cast their votes ,of them 20-30 people are from little to no posts , who come to forum in spurts

afaik forum atleast has over 500 members which visit forum regularly and many of them who post also a lot

why then is vote count so low ???

It makes no point of having this event when many members are just coming to forum reading what they need and not taking part in this event

Fun is when vote count wil go above 1000 , for a forum with more than 10000 members we can expect at least 10% , that is 1000 people to participate , is that too much ???

i honour efforts of rajan , but i see very cold response from other members ,

same point was raised by dkaile and others also few pages back

also if anyone has any suggestions for adding name , admin will do it , provided the reason is good enough

also i will add few more things

- Kshah

Though he must have been a bit dormant now due to his personal issues , but he has very sound knowledge

We all are well aware of the infamous treo755p method by Kocoman and then compiled by kshah

Well , we all have learned from each other , he helps everyone irrespective of he is leecher or devs

Edited by Mufaddal

I totally agree with you Muffy...

Wat I feel like : The poll was started on 4th of November and today is 9th and within 6 days 123 votes.Wat I feel like : The poll was started on 4th of November and today is 9th and within 6 days 123 votes.

According to Arun " The number of members who post at least 1 post per month is an average of 150 as per the statistics. So I would expect around 250 - 300 votes in a month for this poll as some lurking members will also vote. "

so the response is normal i think.

Edited by harismahesh

This is a very good initiative.

However was very confused as to whom to vote as all the nominees are winners in their own right so choosing one is difficult.

Initially I had thought suggesting to Rajan it might be better to keep several categories and make the awards more broad-based ala filmfare awards (instead of choosing one winner) e.g.

Best techie - Mufaddal, HetalDP, Kesav, Kshah, Dkaile, Dj etc

Best seller - Sadikk, Hitesh, Tushar, Gauravjc, Senthil, Shripal etc

Good samaritan - KanagaDeepan, Genius, Kunal, Raccoon etc

Best mod - Arun, Kamal, Greens, Ashoksoft etc

Rising star (newer members who are coming up fast) - Parin, SumitVerma etc

Disclaimer - the above is just my 2 cents and categories/member names are by no way exhaustive. :) Anyone's name missed out is unintentional.

Now after seeing over a 100 votes cast and already nice explanation given by Rajan, so I think existing format is also good and have cast my vote.

I have casted my vote ...

@ Muffadal bhai ..it will take some time to take count huge number as it's Diwali vacation is going on ....so many people might be away from rimweb . Wait for few more days . We will surely see good numbers :) .

My vote for Hetal

I abstained as it is difficult to pick one out of these. I am always thankful to all of these people and a number of others who are not mentioned in this list.

:previous: I did the same ^_^

:previous: I did the same ^_^

That why i activated Multiple Vote

hahahahahahahhaah

I understand many members feeling that it is very difficult to pick one but we are forgetting that we are talking about RIMweb Member of the Year 2010.

This is not for the entire period since RIMweb's inception. This is for the year 2010.

Over a period of time everyone of them has contributed excellently. But we are finding who contributed most for this current year.

Every year we have "Businessman of the Year" award by leading business magazines. If you see the winners over a 10 year period, they are all giants and everyone deserves everyone's vote. Still we have a new winner every year. Times change. New leaders emerge and achieve more than anyone else in a particular year. Does not mean that earlier leaders were not equally worthy.

Most of the members are seeing nominees standing and contribution for the entire period at RIMweb and not for the year 2010. That's why this dilemma for whom to vote.

@Arun. Can we easily get some statistics like no. of posts by nominees in the year 2010 and mention it here. I tried but could not get it.

@hetal. I believe Multiple vote is still not the solution as explained earlier.

@Rajan true but this is the first time we are having such a vote right? Effectively this is a baseline not an incremental YoY vote. Hence many members including myself am having the dilemma, though it is a good dilemma to have :) because it means the forum has many stalwarts who are contributing.

If this vote is made an annual exercise then in next edition things will be smoother. Other way is to make nominations in different categories.

@Arun. Can we easily get some statistics like no. of posts by nominees in the year 2010 and mention it here. I tried but could not get it.

Not easily, but possible. I have to get the correct SQL query for that to check against the database.

Wish i had a extra Vote as i really wanted to vote for DR Muffadal Sahib :sos: :sos: :sos::help: :help: :help:

This is a very good initiative.

However was very confused as to whom to vote as all the nominees are winners in their own right so choosing one is difficult.

Initially I had thought suggesting to Rajan it might be better to keep several categories and make the awards more broad-based ala filmfare awards (instead of choosing one winner) e.g.

Best techie - Mufaddal, HetalDP, Kesav, Kshah, Dkaile, Dj etc

Best seller - Sadikk, Hitesh, Tushar, Gauravjc, Senthil, Shripal etc

Good samaritan - KanagaDeepan, Genius, Kunal, Raccoon etc

Best mod - Arun, Kamal, Greens, Ashoksoft etc

Rising star (newer members who are coming up fast) - Parin, SumitVerma etc

Disclaimer - the above is just my 2 cents and categories/member names are by no way exhaustive. :) Anyone's name missed out is unintentional.

Now after seeing over a 100 votes cast and already nice explanation given by Rajan, so I think existing format is also good and have cast my vote.

This category idea looks promising. May be next year. But this also may not be so easy as it sounds. Best Techie may also be a good samaritan and best seller also. Just a thought. Fitting everyone in the right category and then making everyone happy is very difficult. One may have to run a separate poll for this. And then also the issue of keeping everyone's interest alive for nominations polls and then actual result polls will be there.

And if we implement this next year, what about having some negative categories also like Best Leecher, Most Nagging Member, Most boring Member or something similar. I would like to know members views. अँधेरा है तभी उजाले की कीमत है !!

My vote for Hetal, Dheeraj & Dr

How do I vote for all three ???

anil

Edited by Anil_S