Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
webmaster1105

Some facts about Reliance2Reliance On-Net Plan of Rs. 77 in Delhi

I am just writing to highlight the hidden costs which come bundled with R2R on net calling pack of77 in Reliance GSM prepaid in Delhi circle. This pack enables you to call at any Reliance number (local or STD) at 20p per minute.

I opted for this pack and I realized that a number of times they charged me at normal pack price (it was 50 paise on my plan). Initially I ignored it as the calls were for a couple of minutes but when they did same in calls of half an hour, I called the customer care. The customer care executive told me that every first call of the day will be charged at the normal pack price. When I asked that why its not written in terms and conditions? He told, Bhai sahab aapko khud pata karna chahiye tha na. (You should have enquired yourself). So ultimately he meant that I should have asked customer care ki sir plaese tell me whats the charge of first call, second call and so on....

Well After some days I noticed that even the calls made in evening were charged at normal pack price. I again called them. and they replied that every first local call will be charged at normal price and every first STD calls will be charged at normal price.

I am amazed that Reliance is using such cheap tactics to generate revenue.

Any ways to summarize, If you opt to to take this pack, just remember the below mentioned case where you will be charged at normal pack price:

• First call after activating the pack
  • First STD call in the day
  • First local call in the day

Take care

One must also note that it is the 1st CALL of the day that is charged at the base plan and not the 1st MINUTE :)

this is an old issue now, I have mention it somewhere in forum earlier.

This is the Trick used by airtel in Maharashtra and Goa Circle, for local calls at 0.40 ps, they charge the first call at base rate. I think reliance learn it from them

:previous: Seems you are not aware - RCom does not need to learn it form Airtel! They seem to have poached the same AirHELL guys who come up such devious ideas. So is it even surprising?

AirTEL is the birthplace of all such devious ideas along with outright cheating, unauthorized service activations, etc., etc. It is unfortunate that RCom have dumped their Simple plans and are now just copying AirHELL in all the wrong ways.

In this respect, I really appreciate Idea. They have resisted the corrupting influence of AirHELL. They define 1st call as 1st 60 seconds of the day only.

Edited by raccoon

Any ways to summarize, If you opt to to take this pack, just remember the below mentioned case where you will be charged at normal pack price:

* First call after activating the pack

* First STD call in the day

* First local call in the day

Well.. I thought that first R2R call is charged by default only.. Now they are charging default for FIRST LOCAL R2R and again for FIRST STD R2R call... That means TWICE A DAY, THEY ARE CHARGING BY DEFAULT TARIFF FOR R2R calls...

Thanks brother for notifying this.. Please write this also in the famous "RCOM showing its TRUE FACE thread" here

I think they are inviting all of us to desert them in droves once MNP is fully up and running.

This is utter rubbish from Reliance. :mad44:

I think they are inviting all of us to desert them in droves once MNP is fully up and running.

Oh... I am eagerly waiting for MNP

This is the result of the eternal conflict which goes on between marketing guys and finance guys in any organization.

Marketing guys will come up with something bright, attractive to customers.

Then the finance guy will poke his nose as he sees the world around him only in terms of bottom line.

End Result. By the time the product reaches the end customer, it will be loaded with many *asterisk, terms and conditions and instead of customer delight and loyalty will result in frustration.

Rightly said... And reliance already has a bad name in terms of hidden costs

This is the result of the eternal conflict which goes on between marketing guys and finance guys in any organization.

Marketing guys will come up with something bright, attractive to customers.

Then the finance guy will poke his nose as he sees the world around him only in terms of bottom line.

End Result. By the time the product reaches the end customer, it will be loaded with many *asterisk, terms and conditions and instead of customer delight and loyalty will result in frustration.

Adding soo many conditions @ launching an offer is different... But launching a good offer with NO special conditions and later add one by one every month and make it too complicated AND THAT TOO WITHOUT INFORMING THE CHANGES TO CUSTOMER BY ANY MEANS, is almost cheating, imho.. Atleast they have to inform this by SMS, when we activate this pack.. NOTHING WAS DONE..

If RCom launched the offer as say "@ Rs88/- first-Local R2R-call and first STD-R2R call will be chargeable @ default and later as 20p/min and this facility is NOT APPLICABLE IN ROAMING" means OK.. We will say the offer is NOT that tempting and we will move on..

But they have launched the offer as simple as "@ Rs77/- ALL Local/STD/Roaming R2R calls @ 20p/min" for first few months (I have used this STV earlier), then add "First R2R CALL @ default" condition after 3 months.. Then add "NOT VALID IN ROAMING" condition after another 3 months(After addition of this condition, I stopped using this STV).. Again add "First Local R2R and first STD R2R @ defaults" after 2 months... (ALL THESE CHANGES, OF-COURSE WITHOUT ANY ANNOUNCEMENT) Then how one can have faith in them??? What is wrong, if we call them playing foul game??

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Kanaga you are right.. There are people who would still find Rcom better.. I understand that Rcom no longer sets benchmark for tariff or service quality,,

Most of us use Reliance just because it comes bundles with cheap option for long talks... Does any one know about another option??

I am planning to blog about it on mobile awareness portal mobiletalks.in. I want to highlight all the issues faced by users and thus request you all to highlight other issues too.

I will also like to seek permission from moderators to link this thread in my article.

These efforts will definitely create more awareness among users... Thanks in advance for your contributions.