Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nayasaroj

Tata Docomo Revises 3G Data Offerings

9 Nov, 2010, 01.32 PM IST

Press Trust of India

Setting the tone for 3G mobile services, Tata Teleservices which has DoCoMo of Japan as its partner, today announced the call tariff at just 0.66 paise per second.

The company announced different tariff plans for both post-paid and pre-paid 3G mobile services ranging from350 to2,000, which include monthly minutes as well as data usage.

For example, in a monthly tariff package of2,000 the subscriber would get 5,000 minutes voice calls, along with data usage of up to 2GB per month.

Tata, however, clarified that pulse rate would be 'per second' and subscribers would be charged only for number of seconds used.

The Company launched its 3G services this Diwali in nine Circles - Karnataka, Kerala, Rest of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya-Pradesh-Chhattisgarh and UP (West).

Other private operators like Bharti and Vodafone are also likely to start 3G services in the next few months. But the benchmark set by Tata DoCoMo would once again put pressure on all the operators to follow 'per second' pulse.

Immediately after the auction of 3G spectrum was held, the leading operators had said that 3G mobile services would not come cheap as the bids for spectrum (radio waves) were too high.

Similarly, for 3G data services on large screens like computers and laptops, Tatas have announced a package of2,000 for 15 GB of data usage at a speed of 21.1 Mbps. However, usage beyond 15 GB would be free but at a speed of 256 kbps.

With nearly 80 million subscribers, both in mobile and landline segments, the company is pinning hopes of generating revenues on 3G mobile as well as data services, in the designated circles.

"In the Tata DOCOMO tradition of keeping things simple for the consumer, the plans are honest, simple, transparent and easy to understand. Our very approach to 3G pricing has been to take the 'worry' out of telecom," Deepak Gulati, Executive President, Mobility, TTSL, said.

He added, "Our dual-tone pricing strategy - Small Screen (mobile phones) Plans and Large Screen (computers and laptops) Plans - provide tremendous flexibility and value to our customers, enabling them to choose options best suited to their usage patterns and share of pocket, thereby stamping out any worry or concerns over heavy usage and high bills."

Gulati said the tariffs are designed to offer "total freedom to customers-to stop them worrying about bills, freeing them to explore the world-best 3G Life offered by Tata DOCOMO".

Just .66Paisa for video call

Wow

These are the 3G Bundle plans available:

Cost Per month - Free Calls Per Month - Free Data Usage Per Month500 - 750 minutes - 250 MB750 - 1250 minutes - 500 MB1000 - 2000 minutes - 1 GB2000 - 5000 min - 2 GB

Free Call Minutes applicable for local, STD and roaming. These plans are available for both postpaid and prepaid. Prepaid will have an entry level plan also:

350 - 500 minutes (Local+STD) - 150 MB

Topups:200 for 200 MB500 for 650 MB750 for 2 GB

These topups can be used with your existing voice plan so that you don't have to opt for the 3G bundles plans. Validity is 30 days. For prepaid there is a trial top up plan also:

90 - 100 MB - 7 days

Unlimited Plans:

Download Speed - Postpaid/Prepaid RCV - Free Data Usage per month

3.6 Mbps - Rs. 1000 - 5 GB

3.6 Mbps - Rs. 1250 - 10 GB

7.2 Mbps - Rs. 1275 - 5 GB

7.2 Mbps - Rs. 1500 - 10 GB

21.1 Mbps - Rs. 2000 - 15 GB

Beyond the free usage there will be unlimited data usage capped at 128 kbps

^^^

The speed cap after 15GB is 256kbps as per ET

Tatas have announced a package of Rs 2,000 for 15 GB of data usage at a speed of 21.1 Mbps. However, usage beyond 15 GB would be free but at a speed of 256 kbps.

Dekho Dekho

Jab Rs 250 me min 200MNB EVDO ka bola to log mere pe hasne lage ??????????????

any way we are still far from Cheap 3G Data on Mobile

See This

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/27530-new-reliance-netconnect-plans-the-way-forward-for-reliance/

Hetalbhai u are actually right

Sab 3G ke liye kud rahe hai,

price dekh kar sab beth jayenge

because its going to be costy because of hefty lisence fees they have paid

So finally 3G is of NO USE.

3G can be used by RICH PEOPLE.

Righnow only DOCOMO has shown their menu

Lets wait for

Airtel

Vodafone

Reliance & others

Will their GPRS offering of 2gb for Rs.48 and 6gb for Rs.95 still be valid and available after the launch of 3G??

Dekho Dekho

Jab Rs 250 me min 200MNB EVDO ka bola to log mere pe hasne lage ??????????????

any way we are still far from Cheap 3G Data on Mobile

See This

http://www.rimweb.in...d-for-reliance/

very true. This may stand true at least for one year, time taken for seeing acceptability of the service by various segments of the consumers.

Looks costly from Indian context. To be honest, the services are damn too costly in every other country. Imagine $25 for 200 MB ( if you choose to tether) else $25 for 2GB on mobile ( The rates in the United States). Hopefully the competition will bring down the tariff - but it wont be like 6GB for 99 bucks :Equivocado: .

What I dont like is, the way they are limiting the speeds... ONLY 3.6Mbps speed till Rs1250.. Also the minimum charge of Rs500 will limit many people to go for it, imho..

Further 15GB FUP for 21.1Mbps connection is :rofl_200: and the speed after that 15GB is :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: 128kbps, atleast that slow speed should be UMTS standard like 384kbps, imho..

Otherwise voice tariffs are good, especially as they have now included ROAMING calls also in FREE MINUTES OF USAGE :clap: .. The Rs750 plan with 1250 minutes and 500MB FREE data, will be suitable for my usage on my E90..

The only company is BSNL which offers the best 3G tariff but hope it does not increase the same after looking at this private players.

I am wondering if they will continue with 2G tariff after launch of 3G

Video calls @ 5p/sec. Costly.

On MTNL (Delhi) it costs 1p/sec.

Any news on tariffs for Blackberry on 3G for those having 3G enabled Blackberries? Are they selling USB modems for use with 21.1 mbps plans? If yes, what is the cost? I can't find the info on the website of Tata Docomo.

Cost per GB is equal to what Airtel charge for ADSL connections. So those like myself who were planning to replace their ADSL broadband connections with a 3G USB modems must be disappointed. I guess we will have to wait for Reliance Infotel to launch their Broadband Wireless network.

BSNL is much much better with its unlimited planz that too without any FUP :)

Righnow only DOCOMO has shown their menu

Lets wait for

Airtel

Vodafone

Reliance & others

I dont have any hope from all these 3

Despite all the negativity about Reliance Communications EVDO Data tariffs, still my instict is that RComm 3g GSM Tariffs will be better than anyone else.

There is a strong rumour in the Stock Market about RComm coming up with something spectacular before 15th December and many are cornering RComm Shares.

May be Hetal can throw more light being in the stock market as well as knowing RComm so well!!

heard somewhere that R-COM is not in the mood of Launching 3G in the same manner as what they did during GSM launch.. Right now, they are working on their network (cdma as well as gsm)..

Edited by aalok

They can provide as it has the capability to provide that speed

:previous:

It's theoretical peak value similar to 3.1 Mbps in EVDO Rev. A

You can reach that value under ideal environmental conditions like you're the only subscriber connected to the BTS, standing near the BTS, atmosphere is clean and calm(wrt electromagnetism).

Average value will reach around 80% of the speed at the maximum.

Edited by kesav

I m thinking of leaving tata docomo and goto bsnl.

I have both broadband at office and home. So, my usage is limited to around 200-300 MB due to email and gtalk. Although I would like to try streaming internet radio. Given wifi is there in most smartphones, I don't need such high data usage thruogh mobile.

Bsnl 'edge' (2g sim) connects through its 3g network and gives around 230kbps practically but tata docomo doesn't allows so and it practically gives only max 50-60kbps (most of the time 10-20kbps, u can't listen streaming audio).

Given overall better bsnl 3g plan--bsnl rocks !!