Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nayasaroj

Tata Docomo Revises 3G Data Offerings

Now Video calls rates are revealed... PAY AS YOU GO (MEANS BUNDLED MINUTES-DOESN'T INCLUDES VIDEO CALLS)... Just 5p/sec for on-net(Rs3/min) :angry: and off-net charges not yet revealed... FYKI MTNL charges just just 1p/2sec for Local/STD on-net video calls.. Even Docomo is charging 5p/sec for ILD calls to US/Canada in some circles...

At first, I missed Docomo 3G a lot in TN.. But now, there will be not much difference even if they are present in TN, imho... For the time being, BSNL/MTNL-3G is best.. Atleast they are available all over India and don't have any FUP in their UnLimited plans..

But I still have doubts on BSNL.. They may increase their 3G tariffs, once they are br!bed by pvt operators and we can expect BSNL will repeat the drama it played in PayPerSecond plan, where BSNL initially charged 1p/sec for offnet also and after released their PayPerSecond tariff with 1.2p/sec offnet, BSNL also changed to 1.2p/sec for off-net.. So for enjoying cheap 3G from now itself, better to get Rs1359 Unlimited postpaid plan from BSNL.. (That Rs4200/6 months is available in prepaid only)

Simply put, 3G is NOT for everyone and we may need to wait for one year minimum to enjoy reasonable 3G tariffs.. Till then 1x and EDGE is the way to go, imho...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

as of now BSNL is winning hands down thanks to the new tariff war they introduced .....of 700 bucks for unlimited 3g :Chulo: :Chulo: :Chulo: ....but still will wait for other players to enter the market..tht wud give some market competition but none can beat BSNL in tariff :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ...

Will a video call between Tata-Docomo and MTNL or Tata-Docomo to BSNL work?

For that matter has anyone tried BSNL to MTNL Video calls or MTNL to MTNL video calls?

How is the voice and picture quality for 3G video calls.

:previous:

I got the answer for your above question from @tatadocomo via twitter.. They are NOT providing offnet video-calls as of now (YES.. NOT even with existing operators like BSNL/MTNL)..

Now I am in Nagpur and enjoying video-calls on BSNL-3G @ just Rs1/min... I remember, exactly last year, BSNL charged me Rs1/min for roaming VOICE-call and NOW Rs1/min for ROAMING_OUTGOING-STD-VIDEO-CALL.. :Sorprendido: I am using BSNL prepaid En-Nanban 2G plan with 3G facility automatically activated by BSNL on my E90.. But the roaming-outgoing-video_call charges for postpaid users is Rs1.50/min ;)

But Docomo is charging 5p/sec (upto Rs3/min) for EVEN ON-NET video calls, let alone offnet video_call charges.. Initially, I felt sad that Docomo missed 3G license in my circle (TN), but NOT NOW :Riendo: ..

BSNL is the way to go, wrt 3G tariffs and especially coverage... These pvt guys WON'T launch 3G services in Tier-II cities initially, let alone towns and villages... So to experience 3G in small towns and mainly in roaming, only BSNL is the right choice..

For example, in Raipur (Capital of Chattisgarh, comes in MP circle) there is NO-EVDO coverage (NOT EVEN from BSNL), but BSNL has already started 3G services in Raipur.. Docomo, who spoke a lot in web reg 3G launch in all its 3G circles, has NOT launched 3G services in Raipur yet..

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Speeds upto 21Mbps can be experienced in HSPA+ device as they suggest. Yesterday I had gone to the local TD DIVE IN store (at Pattom, Tvm) for a demo show of 3G poweress and the speeds attained really took me me by suprise. At once I did a recharge of Rs.750 which offers 2GB of data with 3G speeds upto 3.6Mbps :D it has a validity of 30days.

video call to other network is not allowed,

3g is really fast. video calls work great, but chagred heavily.

:previous: I think the network from which the video call is initiated and the recepient network of the call should have 3G technology for it to work. Is that so? Someone shed some light into this :)

Obviously both the caller and the called party both should have 3G service active in their mobiles. Moreover the network also offer 3G services, otherwise it is not possible for video calling to happen.

Data services at 3G high speeds - the opposite party does not need to also have 3G, because only one party will use the data service.

tata-docomo-3glife.jpg

Tata Docomo Revises 3G Data Offerings, Intros New 3G Data Packs

When Tata Docomo announced their launch of 3G services during Diwali, people got excited by dreaming of mainstream affordable 3G services by private operators. But Tata Docomo threw water over its mobile users who had hopes of “cheap tariff” for 3G Mobile services.

We received hundreds of comments and critics on our earlier post about the Tata Docomo’s 3G Tariff plans.Today we have some good news for frustrated Tata Docomo users!

Things have bit changed and after complete failure on 3G pricing Tata Docomo seems to have realized with its mistakes !! Now it has made some changes in its 3G Data offerings (only for Data Usage via Mobile Phone) and has come up with some new Special Tariff Vouchers and Sachet Packs for prepaid 3G subscribers.

Here are the Details :

Tata-Docomo-3G-Plans-New.jpg

Courtesy : Telecom Talk

<< Topic Title Updated >> :)

Rs90/- pack gives 200MB in 3G and Rs96/- gives 6GB in 2G??? :Riendo::Contento::rofl_200:

It is a well known fact that FULLY_using 6GB from 2G will be very difficult and similarly with even 3.6Mbps speed it is easy to finish 200MB within a day.

Still now, a VERY VERY BAD 3G plan from Docomo.. Reg 3G tariffs DoCoMo < RGsm < BSNL/MTNL

1) Further 3G in handset SHOULD NOT be used for tethering (phone as modem) in case of DoCoMo, but RGsma and BSNL allows this.. :Contento:

2) In DoCoMo, call/sms charges for 3G are different from 2G, but NOT so in RGsm and BSNL (I am using EnNanban + 3G in BSNL).. :Equivocado:

3) Further DoCoMo restricts speed (HSPA+ 21Mbps only for Rs2000/- plan)… But RGsm and BSNL doesn't restricts speed.. :NOTriste:

4) ISD in DoCoMo 2G is cheaper than 3G_DoCoMo's ON-NET VIDEO CALL charges :rofl_200:

5) DoCoMo 3G (even DATA plans too) SHOULD NOT be used for Peer2Peer (torrent) downloads.. May be they should also tell "3G DoCoMo should be used ONLY for E-Mail sending and receiving" :Riendo:

6) BSNL give UnLimited3G WITHOUT FUP, but RGsm and Docomo are NOT giving.. :winko: But DoCoMo has TWO LEVELS OF FUP, in first level speed gets reduced to 128kbps (which is NOT EVEN lowest BB speed) and next level is 10kbps (you read it right 10Kilo-BITS-per-second).. You can see this if you dig into their T&C well.. :angry:

So for now, BSNL is simply the best for 3G..

Edited by KanagaDeepan

After carefully considering all everyone's 3G tariffs, I have finally decided to opt for BSNL's 3G Data Card.

After carefully considering all everyone's 3G tariffs, I have finally decided to opt for BSNL's 3G Data Card.

It will be best if you can wait for a couple of months, for the other telecos to launch 3G. Airtel will be 3G by the end of this month, and by next month Idea, Aircel is expected to join. Vodafone will be the last to offer commercial 3G and it will be Q1 of 2011.

With increased competition, the tariff is bound to come down considerably :)

With the highest ever spectrum charges paid, it will be a distant possibility and not in the near future. RCOM has already announced that there will be no tariff war in 3G as only 3-4 operators are offering services in any one circle. So IMHO, it will be maybe a year or two before the 3G tariffs start coming down. Until then, I agree with Kanaga and Daga that BSNL is better than the rest. Atleast it is available all over India.

The Private operators (Docomo/Reliance/Airtel etc) are restricted from offering Video call for the present by the Govt. security agencies.

Only MTNL and BSNL is offering this facility. I'm having a MTNL 3G connection for last 1 year and frequently make video calls (local/STD) between MTNL/MTNL and MTNL/BSNL no. Voice clarity is very good. video quality is similar to what you see on a web-cam based video chat with a PC.

Got this SMS today -

3G trial packs!

Dial *141*301# for 10MB @ Rs.11, valid for 1 day.

Dial *141*302# for 50MB @ Rs.19 valid for 1 day.

Dial *141*303# for 150MB @ Rs.39 validfor 3 days.

Its good pack but u will have to search for 3G network outside ur office/home.

In Goa docomo 3G signals are live but i get only edge signals in my house if i go out of house i get 3G.

Its useless unless they improve their coverage....

I prefer BSNL best till now

''Now enjoy 3G high speed on your existing gprs pack. On expiry of pack validity charges of 10p/10Kb will apply. For 3G speeds, restart your 3G handset.''

Earlier in the day TD had send this SMS. After restarting the phone, the Network mode in the setting have been automatically configured and changed and I am being provided with 3G service at no extra cost. More than 4000 Mb is standing to the credit of my gprs account.

I am being spoilt :D

I am being spoilt :D

once they make you fully spoilt, they will start spoiling your bank balance

Edited by commonman

I can see through that. But there is no way I am going to subscribe to 3G services with the present exorbitant charges.

:)

Edited by Karthik R

BSNL was the only operator who was offering good data plans at reasonable cost. now he has also withdrawn the unlimited 3g plans (in chennai and TN circle).

BSNL. data usage charges on all networks are really pathetic. fpr 98rs we used to get 2gb in gprs but now 100 mb costs rs 100. :rofl_200:

even i was amazed to get 3g speeds on my cell phone. Now the same strategy is being used by vodafone.. I had a gprs pack,n m getting free 3g upgrade till 11 april...