Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Smart Shortcuts To Improve Your Blackberry Experience !

img_87642_berrytalk.jpg

Smart Shortcuts To Improve Your BlackBerry Experience

One of the greatest joys of using a BlackBerry is the number of shortcuts that a power user can use to get tasks accomplished in double-quick time. Want a one-click shortcut to lock your BlackBerry or toggle between vibrate and normal profiles? Or want to go to the bottom of a long e-mail in a single click--it's all possible with your trusted BlackBerry.

Here's a list of some of my favourite BlackBerry shortcuts that can help you get started in case you aren't using shortcuts to improve your BlackBerry experience.

Smarter BlackBerry Use Shortcuts

Quick reboot:

One solution during the rare occasion when my BlackBerry starts behaving as if it's under the weather (hanging, performing slowly, low on memory, etc), is to remove the battery and SIM card, wait a few seconds and reinsert. But that's not always easy, especially in a moving vehicle or when commuting. At such times, I prefer a software reset, much like a PC reboot. All you need to do is press your BlackBerry's 'Alt', 'Right Shift' and 'Delete' keys together. Not for folks with thick fingers though; they might prefer the harder option of removing the battery. Also, though I mentioned commutes, let me indemnify myself by mentioning that rush hour Bombay local trains are exempt from any such claims.

'Help Me!' Screen:

Need a dashboard on everything related to your BlackBerry, ranging from memory to radio signal strength, uptime as well as identification information such as MAC ID, IMEI, OS version and more? The 'Help Me!' screen is the answer to your prayers. Simply press your BlackBerry's 'Alt', 'Left Shift' and 'H' keys simultaneously.

One-key lock: Some newer BlackBerry smartphone have a dedicated lock key on the top, but for older devices (and even newer ones if you want to use it), the one-key option to lock your BlackBerry is to press the 'A' letter key for a couple of seconds.

One-key vibrate mode:

Need to quickly move to vibrate mode in the middle of an important meeting? Simply press the 'Q' key for a few seconds when you are in any alert profile other than 'Vibrate Only.' When you need to switch back, do the same and your BlackBerry reverts to the alert profile you were using earlier.

If you find it cumbersome to type in a long name for a contact you can easily find contacts from your BlackBerry's home screen by typing in the first and last initials, with a space in between. Of course, if you have multiple contacts with the same initials you'll get a list of such contacts.

Would you like to use a special or an accented character? Perhaps to personalise your BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) profile? You can get these by holding the character key and scrolling with the trackball or trackpad.

Messaging and mailbox Shortcuts

• To compose a new message press 'C' when viewing the 'Messages' screen.
  • To go to the top of a message press 'T' when viewing the message.
  • To go to the bottom of a message press 'B' when viewing the message.
  • To reply to a message press 'R' when viewing the message.
  • To reply to all in a message press 'L' when viewing the message.
  • To forward a message Press 'F' when viewing the message.
  • To go to the next unopened item press 'U' when viewing the 'Messages' screen.
  • Press the 'S' key to search for a sender or a word within a subject line, and any mail folder when viewing the 'Messages' screen. When you press 'S' when viewing a message, you can search within that message.
  • To view your inbox press 'Alt + I' when viewing the 'Messages' screen.
  • To view your outbox press 'Alt + O' when viewing the 'Messages' screen.
  • To mark a message as opened/unopened press 'Alt + U' when a message is highlighted or when reading the message.
  • To go to the top of mailbox press 'T' when viewing the 'Messages' screen.
  • To go to the bottom of your mailbox press 'B' when viewing the 'Messages' screen.
  • To go to the next date press 'N' when viewing the 'Messages' screen.
  • To go to the previous date press 'P' when viewing the 'Messages' screen.
  • Do remember though that this is by no means a comprehensive list, and you can get a device specific list by clicking here.

Courtesy : BizTech2

• Like 4

Thanks Kamal sir... +1 for you.. The goto top of messages list and HELP-ME-screen are very useful...

That's quite useful.

Thanks. :)

Thanks for sharing.