Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rakeshgoyal

Advice needed for using Palm Pixi Plus

dear friends,

I have bought a palm pixi plus gsm unlocked but facing some serious issues, I found this topic so dont wanted to created another one.

1. Palm app catalog is not working, after clicking on it it shows the error msg "the action could not be completed. try again later"

similarly when i Open ""google maps" it show msg "pls tap here to update to the new maps app or search for maps in the app catalog" and then redirect to the app catalog which in turn show the above error msg ("the action could not be completed. try again later").

webos version is 1.4.1.2 and when i search for update it only keep searching for a long time but no results.

2. Data is working only on wifi not on 2g & 3g. I tried to change "internet apn" in "phone preferences" by "Manual setting" but it shows it as invalid apn.

3. date is showing in mm/dd/yy but i want it in dd/mm/yy

4. can i change "regional setting" from United states to India, it is asking for reboot to change that setting.

Thanks a lot

okkkk friends I just could nt resist my self from googling in the mean time and found solution of few issues.

I just reset my phone and then after restarting it ask me to create palm profile first but didnt work with idea or aircel.

Then I read somewhere that only airtel and vodafone support internet on palm pixi in India.

Just put my airtel sim in the phone and yes profile was created and "app catalog" started working (maps also).

but still 2g internet is not working on idea.

another thing is that it now showing an update 1.4.5 version of 17 mb. should I update or not?

okkkk friends I just could nt resist my self from googling in the mean time and found solution of few issues.

but still 2g internet is not working on idea.

Had you googled more, you would have found this...

the solution here is put a vodafone/airtel sim in your pixi plus to get a "E" in your network, then goto phone settings and enter the manual APN settings of your unsupported network click change settings-then it will say "incorrect APN settings" but will give u a option "save settings anyway" or something like that and VOILA ur settings are saved ...now switch back to your original unsupported sim and u will get the internet access.

superb rajan ji, for the time i am using airte in this, will try later on idea/aircel.

one more thing, should I update the phone to 1.4.5?

I hope it will not create any problem..

friends my pixi plus is on 1.4.1 and when i tried to download facebook app from app catalog it ask to update the os.

Should I do an update?

any info regarding adobe flash on pixi plus?

it is a vodafone germany (europe) phone and I am already through the palm profile process.

thanks a lot

Edited by amitnsonu

looks like no body here is using palm pixi anymore, or people are just avoiding..

any way I have updated my pixi gsm to 1.4.5 version and facebook is working fine.

Now I want to purchase full version of angry birds from palm app catalog but it is asking for a European credit card.

Is there any way to purchase it ?

Use preware and download impostah.

With this you can create new palm profiles and can also change the country of your app catalogues.

Remember to use impostah very carefully and don't mess with it unnecessarily.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

obex seems totally broken on palm webos; any solutions to the bluetooth file transfer issue due to this?

AFAIK no solution (great if am wrong), Bluetooth file transfer does not work on Pixi, flashlight also does not work.

Any way to sync contacts from my PC & NOT google ?

^^ old pc desktop sync might work just check

Sir,

i have purchased Palm pixi plus (Sprint) online that is working on reliance Network. i want to use internet throught 1x evdo data.

i asked from my seller, he has told me to use blackberry data plan. I activated BIS data plan, 1x data icon has come, but i was charged double on surfing (BIS service voucher charge + extra per kb usage). i asked from reliace coustomer care, they told BIS service will not work in Palm pixi.

Friend i want to know that which data plan i can use for Palm pixi plus.

pls suggest me.

Sir,

i have purchased Palm pixi plus (Sprint) online that is working on reliance Network. i want to use internet throught 1x evdo data.

i asked from my seller, he has told me to use blackberry data plan. I activated BIS data plan, 1x data icon has come, but i was charged double on surfing (BIS service voucher charge + extra per kb usage). i asked from reliace coustomer care, they told BIS service will not work in Palm pixi.

pls suggest me.

unsubscribe BIS immediately,subscribe to Rs94/- data+sms pack 1GB free per month for six months!

then go to webworld,give them a request for activation of HSD(high speed data), d cc may fool u, but insist n get it activated(tell them u have corby with omh ruim card)

• Like 1

How do i get to use bluetooth pairing on my Palm Pixi Plus

^^^

Bluetooth file transfer not supported in this handsets.

U can use Bluetooth headset.

Sent from my HTC S710d using Tapatalk 2

Sir,

pls suggest me.

unsubscribe BIS immediately,subscribe to Rs94/- data+sms pack 1GB free per month for six months!

then go to webworld,give them a request for activation of HSD(high speed data), d cc may fool u, but insist n get it activated(tell them u have corby with omh ruim card)

Shashank Sir,

Sorry for late reply, i had not checked this link.

I have subscribed to Rs94/ data + sms pack, but this pack is not working and reliance webworld is not going to activate HSD, i tried.

sir any other way?

should i have confiure 1x data setting from starting.

I am writing my problem in details:

i tried MobileNet plan, but on activation of MobileNet plan, 1x data icon didn't appear and internet didn't work.

sir i want to know that how can i use for internet in Palm pixi plus or any other way to use data plan.

has 1x setting configured properly?

you are on correct plan (94rs)

Send dump thru CdmaWorkshop 2.7 and your data will start working.

If you dont have EV dump, then ask for ev dump to your seller or the person who did registration.

hello hitesh sir,

My palm pixi plus touchscreen stopped working, yesterday night i put on table, but now touchscreen is not giving response. keyboard is working.call and sms is receiving, but not able to use touch-screen.

this is my second palm pixi plus with same problem.

pls help. what to do.

you are on correct plan (94rs)

Send dump thru CdmaWorkshop 2.7 and your data will start working.

If you dont have EV dump, then ask for ev dump to your seller or the person who did registration.

touch screen issue is common in PIXI,

This cannot be solved by Software

Normally occurs due to over charge or faulty charger or voltage increase etc etc

it is faulty digitizer....

touch screen issue is common in PIXI,

This cannot be solved by Software

Normally occurs due to over charge or faulty charger or voltage increase etc etc

it is faulty digitizer....

sir, can i change digitizer. how can get digitizer?

you can see my post in buy sell, I am taking pre booking for pixi digitizers.

15 days may be

Check your mail for other option ..........

Edited by ::Hitesh::

Friends,

I have one problem.

i was using palm pixi on reliance , last month my touch screen was damaged, so time-being, i took sim card for my number.

now my touch screen has changed, & i want to return back to my palm pixi.

now my number is not getting activating on palm pixi. Reliance web-world person tried alot, then thye forward query to their technical team, then no response came from 1 week. i ask customer care they told that once number come from non-sim to sim card , cannot reverse to non-sim mobile.

this is very bad thing of reliance.

guys, how to come-out from this problem. pls suggest.