Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ananth001

Installing the New OTA Update for HTC Incredible

I've a rooted, nand unlocked HTC Incredible with Froyo 2.2 -

Today I received notification for system update Is it ok to go ahead and update OTA ?

regards

ananth

I got the notification few days ago and I went ahead with it. However the process stalled after the message "Rebooting Now" and it never rebooted. Today I received another message saying the OTA update is about to install and showed the Rebooting message again but again it did not reboot and still shows the old version itself.

You will loose your root. What you can do is download rooted stock rom or costom rom with the the latest OTA.

Google for Rooted stock roms for Incredible.

If you're willing to apply the OTA manually (via SD card) i've posted a link to a downloadable file in the HTC Incredible thread, post # 400. I reinstalled the stock Recovery on my Incredible and had no problem installing the OTA from the stock recovery (by renaming the OTA update.zip).

regards,

gjp

I got the notification few days ago and I went ahead with it. However the process stalled after the message "Rebooting Now" and it never rebooted. Today I received another message saying the OTA update is about to install and showed the Rebooting message again but again it did not reboot and still shows the old version itself.

exactly same hpnd to me...

If you're willing to apply the OTA manually (via SD card) i've posted a link to a downloadable file in the HTC Incredible thread, post # 400. I reinstalled the stock Recovery on my Incredible and had no problem installing the OTA from the stock recovery (by renaming the OTA update.zip).

regards,

gjp

i haven't received the notification for system update. my incredible is not rooted. can i still apply this OTA?? wat functions does it improve??

can anyone suggest some ways 2 improve battery life??

Edited by amit.shah

a request to Ghanshyam Patel or anyone who as applied the New OTA Update to post screen shots of firmware and baseband etc.

If you are not interested in updating and want to stop the OTA update notifications, then you can just rename the file "otacerts.zip" (to something like "otacerts.zip.tmp" which is in /system/etc/security directory using ADB or the root explorer app.

fyi, this ota is a very very minor update to the software provided by verizon and htc. i as far as i understand there is no updated andriod software...

for what it's worth (i don't think there is any change from the upgrade to 2.2) here is the software version info from my phone after applying this minor, minor ota:

andriond version: 2.2

baseband: 2.15.00.07.28

kernal version: 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16 htc-kernal@u1800-Build-149 #1

Build Number: 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release keys

Software Number: 3.26.605.1

Browser version: webkit 3.1

PRi version: 1.28_002

every one using incredible should do both roothing, S off is very important

first do s off then go for any ota or offline update or downgrade.

with s 0ff you will be stuck in bootloader

Unrevoked dev team has tweeted that a fix for rooting post new OTA update will be available very soon as its almost ready.

Will wait for the update ^^

me too ... don't see any changes yet ... moving back to the cyanogen mod soon

I haven't tried yet, but here are the instructions: http://solo.dc3.com/dinc/

Thanks arun

This worked for me, though I haven't rooted after the update. Posting this from my notebook , connected to the 3G hotspot of the Incredible.

If you are not interested in updating and want to stop the OTA update notifications, then you can just rename the file "otacerts.zip" (to something like "otacerts.zip.tmp" which is in /system/etc/security directory using ADB or the root explorer app.

Renamed the file. But its not working.

OTA update notification is still bugging me.

It did work for me. I just checked how I renamed and I see it as "otacerts.tmp" - maybe you can try that?

Thanks Arun. But its still not gone.

Is there any other method?

BTW why don;t you update ? Haven't seen any issues with official Froyo on Incredible.