Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

LG Optimus One P500

Finally bought one after much dithering, and joined the Android bandwagon? :)

Very preliminary observations:

Touch screen is a tad less sensitive. Recall reading in some review that LG has deliberately kept it bit low, perhaps to help against accidental touches. I'd prefer it more sensitive though. Unfortunately, there is no settings to control the same (assuming that it can be controlled).

No appreciable lag noticed yet. Have installed very few apps though.

3.2" touchscreen is not quite enough. Things while texting and in browsers can get real cramped, and one can easily click in the wrong places. And thats my experience with long and slender fingers. People with stubby fingers will really have issues.

Opposite party's voice thru speaker at higher volume is not good.

Edited by raccoon

^^^

Dear Raccoon, congrats for your new mobile. :)

Waiting for your detailed review for this handset.

Finally bought one after much dithering, and joined the Android bandwagon? :)

hmmmm.....So for this one time you took the risk of being the scapegoat rather than waiting for someone's reviews....Lol... :Contento:

Android ka jaddu chal gaya....

@Honest, yes, after I get familiar with it. :)

These unwanted apps like Bollywoodji, etc., are a HUGE nuisance. Now I'm being forced to read what x, y and z %#@$# censored.gif actor/actress is doing everyday. mad44.gif To rub salt on it there seems to be no way to disable the updates or change schedule, etc. They are sapping the juice too. What exactly was LG thinking before putting this utter rubbish in the 1st place and then forcing it customers to go thru these incredibly lame notificaitons? I'm going to hold this spam against you for a long time, LG. threatenlumber.gif

Will soon use Rajan's method above to purge this stink from my phone. Can you suggest a yagya or some other ritual (like you mentioned sometime back) to purify it, post the purging. hypocrite.gif

Edited by raccoon

hmmmm.....So for this one time you took the risk of being the scapegoat rather than waiting for someone's reviews....Lol... :Contento:

Android ka jaddu chal gaya....

Hmm, kinda. :) Tbough are very few good reviews about it yet. Lets say I somehow, gotta +ve intuition about it. tongue.gif

Or maybe its just Andorid's magik, like you insinuate. Chulo.gif The closest runner up was Nokia 5235, primarily for its free navigation, very good GPS and high res. screen, and of course cheaper pricetag. But in the end, could not resist the li'l green contraption.

Raccoon Bhai.....Band baja doh LG ka. :P

And don't worry, I will do Mahayagya for you. :)

Raccoon bhai... Welcome to Android users gang in RimWeb...

Very few apps of LG is disturbing you??? Think about we imported handset users and the firmware being m0le$ted by $print and Veriz0n with cr@pware.. Dont worry.. First root your O1 by Rajan bhai's method and get "Titanium Backup pro * root" FREE app from market and remove unnecessary cr@pware first..

Also dont forget to get Swype and AngryBirds from market... Swype to solve the texting issues in small screen...

which one is better for handling around 300pages pdf files? (smoothly)

lg O1,

sam G3,

moto xt3.

I need help on this front bcoz my institutes study mat are in pdf forms & easy to carry on cell

(each subject pages around 800-1200)

Should i downsize the pdf's chapterwise for better performance on the phone?

Switch off your phones and study with hard copies or books - please don't waste time trying to study on the phone.

Raccoon Bhai.....Band baja doh LG ka. :P

Naw... its a good fone, and the green tin guy is growing on me. :)Thanks! :)

And don't worry, I will do Mahayagya for you. :)

Thanks! :)

Raccoon bhai... Welcome to Android users gang in RimWeb...

Very few apps of LG is disturbing you??? Think about we imported handset users and the firmware being m0le$ted by $print and Veriz0n with cr@pware.. Dont worry.. First root your O1 by Rajan bhai's method and get "Titanium Backup pro * root" FREE app from market and remove unnecessary cr@pware first..

Also dont forget to get Swype and AngryBirds from market... Swype to solve the texting issues in small screen...

I can quite imagine. Don't know what makes these operators/manufacturers so sadistic. Can't stand them dictating what should or should not go in phone. Thanks, for the tips, will do the Swipe and rooting as soon as I can get some time. Spent a lot of time with it already... Equivocado.gif Whats this Titanium thingy? Some kind of back-up app? Will look into it...

^

root your optimus one and remove all unnecessary apps u dont want;

Edited by dkaile

previous.gifYesssir, as soon as I can find some time, as mentioned earlier. Have been going thru the Andy Guide, the link for which you had posted somewhere. :)

Optimus One price is crashing real fast. Even on Ebay at Rs. 11,500 http://cgi.ebay.in/L...=item43a41e8d10

Street Prices May Be Even Lower....

Street Price is Higher here in Ludhiana, its Around 12.3k in Ludhiana, Does anyone have Ebay Voucher...

:previous: well ebay coupons are account locked these days

Optimus One price is crashing real fast. Even on Ebay at Rs. 11,500 http://cgi.ebay.in/L...=item43a41e8d10

Street Prices May Be Even Lower....

Street Price is Higher here in Ludhiana, its Around 12.3k in Ludhiana, Does anyone have Ebay Voucher...

here is ebay coupon.. valid till today... hope u can use this...

post-41169-0-52812500-1294124442_thumb.j

:previous:

Sorry, the gift voucher / promotion code 0111T3HUVR cannot be used for the item(s) you are purchasing. Please try another voucher / promotion code or continue with your payment.

:previous: it must be account locked

@rohan_4ever20

sorry... might be wat arun is saying would be right...

This is off topic. Is Dubai a good place to get GSM cell phones from?

@rohan_4ever20

sorry... might be wat arun is saying would be right...

It is because you cannot use these coupons for the item listed as "deals of week".

Finally made time to install Swype, Angry Birds, and some other apps. Sype rocks... needs a bit of practice though, to bring speeds upto normal QWERTY typing speeds. Spent lot of time on the phone and related stuff, so could not even log on here and elsewhere couple days. :(

One question of anybody in the know can answer - if Froyo doesn't need task killers, why has LG installed "Taskiller"? Or is it there just in case one needs to force close a misbehaving app and it doesn't terminate tasks otherwise (with the default settings)?

Choose to upgrade it from the AM, and now its showing ads. mad.gif

This is off topic. Is Dubai a good place to get GSM cell phones from?

I found Dubai airport to be very costly. I found the prices of mobiles to be 10-20% costlier than in India. In fact Dubai airport is costlier than Zurich airport. I am not sure about Dubai city.

Do someone know about the availibility of "LG Optimus Chic" in Indian Market?

Price?

Place?

Made the mistake of upgrading the firmware to the latest version and yesterday, flashed it back to the previous version (V10b), after suffering it for several days.

New users may want to avoid updating to the new V10c.

Did not find a single apparent advantage with V10c. On the other hand it made the phone slower which is sacrilegious! Updates should make devices faster if possible and not the other way around! Most other uses have reported sluggishness after upgrading. Rooting is also currently not possible with the new firmware.

Further, the new firmware has littered my SD card with heaps of apk files. Most likely this was done by the new LG Installer that gets installed. All the apks on the card were offered by the LG installer for installing, hence it is the prime suspect.

Can someone tell me if its ok to delete these apk files now. Would there be other unneeded files associated with these?

Hand to re-download and re-install Swype each time as it seems to not funciton after a firmware upgrade or downgrade. mad.gif

LG stop putting garbage on our phones and stop releasing buggy updates like this and wasting our time. I'm very annoyed with you. ranting.gif We can figure out what we need on the phone and really, really don't need your advice.

Tempted to try custom ROMs. Need to find time for that now...

Edited by raccoon