Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

LG Optimus One P500

^

Best is to always do a hard reset before upgrading but after doing a backup of your data and apps; after upgrade once more do a factory reset; then restore your data after upgrade; it aint so complicated and takes just minutes; these extra precautions go a long way for a seamless android experience;

with custom recovery (if u r rooted) do a factory reset 3 times; do a clean wipe 3 times then do a dalvic wipe 3 times; then install the upgrade (if u have it as a zip file on your sd card); this will ensure most trouble free and lag free upgrade to a newer os version...

Thanks. :) But now that its done, do you think its enough to just delete these apk files in the SD card (in root folder). Would there be other associated files elsewhere? Anything else I can do now?

Also, whats the rationale behind doing the same thing thrice? It doesn't do a complete job if its done only once?? confused.gif

whats the rationale behind doing the same thing thrice? It doesn't do a complete job if its done only once?? confused.gif

its dependent on partition systems used; ext4 does not require that; you can try doing a hard reset in your new rom after re-installing it and you will find its speed to have increased; you can delete all apk's that have not been saved by you, or to be on a safer side keep a copy of them on ur pc;

yesterday got offer for it at just 10.5k

Dudes

Planning to gift the LGopt500 to my wify as she ported her number to vodafone 10.5K is the best deal available ?????

12.5K is the street price in my city. Any better price option in Metro cities ?

previous.gif I was lucky to get it for lesser... but currently, the lowest price (IIRC about 11,750) I have seen is on eBay (if you ok about buying online). Also, I guess it would depend on on which city you are in. Mah. VAT is quite high.

Finally rooted and got most of the LG garbage out. Also manually cleared the Dalvik cache using Linux commands (terminal emulator). Noticed that several files there were apparently orphans of programs I had uninstalled. Titanium Backup seems to do it more efficiently, as it seems to offer to junk only those files but refuses to actually do it unless you go pro. After manually deleting all, it correctly reports that there are no files eligible for junking.

Phone seems to have become a bit snappier, but difficult to tell for sure. Angry Birds is still very sluggish in some scenarios, if ads are kept on. Isn't there anyway to kill the ads without toggling EDGE? :( Seems 01 proccy is just not up for playing AB, with the ads up.

Also, since many programs like Utube, Facebook, G Maps, (all outdated) etc., aps come pre-installed, but you have to update them anyway (which I guess eats up double space), wouldn't it be a good idea to uninstall all that stuff along with other LG crapware, and reinstall the latest versions? Question is would it be safe to do so? I'm not sure...

Will fact. reset now and reinstall ROM and do the above things all over again.

Thanks to Dkaile, for all useful pointers. :)

Edited by raccoon

Got the Lg O1 yesterday

Some quick review

What I Like :D

High capasity Battery

AF camera with manual focusing option(Yes I mean what I said)

18 fps VGA video

Multi touch

Big screen

Non Glossy body

Music quality

600MHz CPU with 512 mb ram

Accelerometer & Proximity sensor

Office document editod

DivX/XviD support

Nokia E63 flipcase compatability with minor modifications

Filip cas for LG O1 not available in market now

What I dont like :(

FM reception is poor

Music Sound out put speaker is just above average

Little heavy

Lots of pre loaded unwanted applications

No flash

Nokia E63 flipcase compatability with minor modifications

Shopkeeper told me even screen guard is not currently available. However it is available on ebay. Also a Silicone skin jelly case is available:

http://cgi.ebay.in/Amzer-Black-Silicone-Skin-Jelly-Case-LG-Optimus-One-/230578834063?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item35af91ca8f#ht_1452wt_910

Anybody knows how good/bad/useful this is? Have never used one. Also, is Rs. 257 a good price, or is likely to be available locally for cheaper?

All you Optimus One Owners... BE HAPPY... Sorprendido.gif

LG has stated officially that you will get Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update by end of May..

This was stated in response to a query on LG Facebook page. Only error is in saying that it will be available in Android Market...Which can't be possible..

Link https://www.facebook...200969856597669

lg-optimus-one-gingerbread.jpg

My bundled headset was almost unusable for voice calls. For music it was ok. Got it replaced in warranty today. They replaced it without even checking it out.

Tried 2 new headsets at the service center and concluded that these bundled headsets are not of good quality - made several calls and everyone told me that sound thru the headphone's mic does not sound so good... esp. when compared to the phone's mic. Even at my end, the other person's voice did not sound as good on the headphones, as it does thru the the phone.

For music, the sound quality is not too bad... but I expect better. AT LEAST as good as my old Moto, huh!!

As for the dust under the screen issue (known issue with the O1), those who think they do not have it, just take a good look in sunlight with the screen brightness turned up (if low). I too thought I did not have it, until I checked in the sun.

They disassembled it in front of me and cleaned it. They said they replaced some part so that it does not reoccur. Forgot to check which part they ment... as other issues occupied my attention.

Very disappointing that LG designs phones with such obvious defects. Not at all happy about letting service centers open such a new phone. Well, at least they did most of the stuff in front of me... now I can consider doing it myself.

Lastly, about the Pune, Dhole Patil Road service center - no AC (though I noticed 1 was installed, at least in the waiting room). Without AC, impossible to keep things relatively dust free, so you are likely to come away with some more dust. :| Even few other things not quite upto the mark... like at the 2 Nokia Care centers I'v seen. But the staff did gave a lot of attention... (may be because of my previous interaction with the area manager). I noticed that almost all other customers came with basic LG phones. Maybe thats why LG has kept its service a li'l more "basic"? :P Hopefully, LG improves it's service along these parameters, if it expects to sell pricier smartphones.

Guess I'll just have to buy a better headset... one with noise cancellation circuitry. Can anybody adivce on which mobile headsets (with mic) are good?

Edited by raccoon

Phone seems to have become a bit snappier, but difficult to tell for sure. Angry Birds is still very sluggish in some scenarios, if ads are kept on. Isn't there anyway to kill the ads without toggling EDGE?

Try adfree from market.

previous.gif Cool thanks! Just checked it out. Interesting app...I use a "blacklist" on my desktop. Didn't imagine you could use the same method on Androids. But I wonder if this method will take up resources on mobs and further slow down Angry Birds... Decepcionado.gif

As for the dust issue - after checking in the sun yesterday, I found that the particulate count under the screen has actually increased!! Seems even thin fibers from the cleaning cloth that the technician used to open the phone are there now... and all this is somehow magnified when under the sun. I was half expecting this, considering that they worked without even an ac. So they have actually made it worse!! ARgghhhhhh! Even with an AC in a "normal" room, it would be difficult to keep the area totally dust free. I should have anticipated this and maybe not let them open it in the 1st place. Or maybe I'd have to do it anyway later, when more dust had accumulated under the screen. Perfect Catch-22 situation.

Makes you appreciate how much more care companies have to take at the assembly lines... Once opened, almost impossible to get it back in the pristine state it was when it was hot off the assembly line.

Trust LG to spoil an otherwise good fone thanks to such very stupid issues. What to do now?? confused.gifcrying.gif

Edited by raccoon

previous.gif Cool thanks! Just checked it out. Interesting app...I use a "blacklist" on my desktop. Didn't imagine you could use the same method on Androids. But I wonder if this method will take up resources on mobs and further slow down Angry Birds... Decepcionado.gif

Should not but you can check if there is any slowdown, I think adfree is great.

previous.gif Thanks! Should try it out soon. Getting rid of ads globally is a v tempting proposition. :)

LG Optimus One Gingerbread Update Not So Far, Video Appears

Source

We know that LG is working on the Android 2.3 update for Optimus One, but it seems company might keep its promise of releasing the update this month. A video showcasing LG Optimus One with Android 2.3.3 on-board was uploaded by LG on Youtube.

Optimus One's performance seems to have gone better after the update and even benchmarks are confirming that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y17GiSEpROI&feature=player_embedded

I have set a POP mail and it is sending & Receiving mails.

But when I forward a mail from Sent mail folder, blank mail is getting forwarded, without any content.

I tested it with 3 mails. :confuse:

Can anyone help me pls. :help:

Edited by admirer2000

LG Optimus One getting Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update in India

Source

LG has finally started rolling out Android 2.3 update for Optimus One in India. The roll-out seems to have started in other Asian countries as well. You can check now via the LG Software update tool to download the update.

Full change-log is not available as of now, but according to earlier reports, this update will be offering the following improvements.

Improved system performance

Improved battery life

Support for more Android apps

Better user experience

Edited by rajanmehta