Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Vodafone Live Is Now Vodafone Mobile Connect For Their Prepaid Subscribers (In Mumbai) ! Get 1Gb For Rs.99/- Per Month !

Friends, isn't its shocking ? :Sorprendido:

But its true. Vodafone removed the restrictions for its Prepaid GPRS subscribers to use the Vodafone Live packages on Laptop and Desktops. Earlier if a prepaid subscriber want to connect to Desktop then he / she had to pay high rental of 199/- for Vodafone Mobile Connect and that too without any free data. But now they provide TETHERING for all its VODAFONE LIVE packages (Prepaid only). :)

Get full access of advanced gprs (VMC) at below mentioned price : :)

Rs17 - - - 100 MB Internet browsing - - - 3 days validity

Rs27 - - - 210 MB Internet browsing - - - 7 days validity

Rs58 - - - 500 MB Internet browsing - - - 15 days validity

Rs99 - - - 1 GB Internet browsing - - - - 30 days validity

No doubts that Vodafone's GPRS service is much better then other operators. :)

I spoked to customer care twice and they confirmed it. Even spoke to the Floor Supervisor of Vodafone Prepaid Service and she told that this has been started from 14th October 2010.

See how silently Vodafone provided full TETHRING on their Vodafone Live packages and they even didn't bothered to update this on there website. :Equivocado:

There website still shows the old plans. But you can confirm the same from Customer Care. :)

But the rubbish part is that, this facility is provided to only Prepaid subscribers. And Postpaid subscriber are still paying higher rentals for VODAFONE MOBILE CONNECT service. :ranting:

God knows when will they wake up from there KUMBHAKARAN'S :sleep3: NEEND.... :bash:

Now about their new website :

They already introduced their new website which is still in BETA. You can check it here :

Vodafone New Website (BETA)

Obviously the new beta website seems to be better then its old counterpart. :)

Kamalbhai Vodafone is scraching their head on how to pay that nearly Rs 12,000 crore tax demand from the Income Tax Department. confused.gif

Unfortunately for Vodafone, even the Supreme Court asked them to deposit 25% immediately and rest within a month. Riendo.gif

Itna bada zatka laga hai to phir Customer Benefit pe kaise dhyan hoga!! winko.gif

Edited by rajanmehta

The data usage cap was 2GB for customers recharging with Rs.95 Bonus Card and they too could avail tethering for 30 days. Also the Rs. 14 Bonus Card offers 200 MB data usage for 3 days. (At least in Kerala circle they hold true). Did these offers lapse?

@shashank It is just 2GB with Vodafone. What you were talking about is true with TATA Docomo, provides 6GB of data with Rs.95 recharge :)

^^ Wow now can we access web via USB modem - if i am not mistaken

good cost effective solution

@ CID rajan ji - kahan se late ho yeh saab news.....

Edited by Genius

Yes, I am using Rs 99/- topup to use 1GB plan...however I'm not able to connect via PC using my mobile as modem in Mumbai...it was working fine in my hometown Patna...don't know..why they don't allow in Mumbai...

^^^

My dear friends, the tariffs I posted are for Mumbai only. Earlier they don't allowed tethering on Vodafone Live Plans. But now from 14th October they started providing the same. Now you can use your phone as a Modem and connect it to PC / Laptop using. :)

Kamal ji,

Vodafone Live use to work from a Proxy does it still work on proxy or just apn ??

^^^

Gaurav ji as per the customer care they told it will work on APN. But you must still cross confirm it from the customer care. :)

Appreciate your quick response Kamal ji!!

Will spk to the customercare and update if any change ....

AFAIK, 2GB per month at Rs 98 +/- a few rupees, available in Chennai for quite some time on Vodafone, Airtel, Aircel, RGSM etc for use both on mobile as also through PC....

Yes dear Kumaar you are right, its there for you Chennaites, but in Mumbai they were looting Vodafone Mobile Connect users since the start. :(

But now its a sigh of relief atleast for Mumbai Vodafone Mobile Connect users. :)

Well I've tried many times with apn www to browse via pc...but there is no connectivity...however it works fine on mobile...not sure what's the problem...

I tried to activate vodafone live as trial for 3 days by sending and sms ACT VL17 but got a msg saying sorry you are not eligible for this offer.

Any Vodafone user from Mumbai can confirm this service used by him???

Thanks !!

Do a recharge from Vodafone site...SMS never worked for me...it gives same error to me...

Thanks Pranav will try recharge thru vodafone site...

What phone do u use so tht u can browse using APN WWW ???

I'm using Asus P320...anyways I think most phones provide an option to use them as Modem...

So u mean on phone u can surf with anp www .... without any proxy settings ...

just tht on Laptop u cant surf ??

How is the speed for surfing ??

^^^

Dear Gaurav, Vodafone Live / VMC speed is just magnificent. :)

And did you asked about the APN from customer care ?

In M&G circle this is valid since many days but the problem is that previously there were some applications which would require Vodafone live to open and some VMC. now sinced both are merged or better say that VL is stopped some sites do not open otherwise it is fine

I use Rs 95 to for 2 gb /mnth but you have to be careful in this Just remember when you have recharged with 95 since you have to either stop on 28th day or recharge with Rs 95 again as they will auto renew the pack and charge you Rs 23 per week

^^^

Yes dear Shabz, they provided this facility in Maharashtra and Goa long time ago. But for Mumbai circle they started on 14th October 2010. :)

On which sites you are unable to login with VMC ?

You have to put VODAFONE MOBILE CONNECT as the default Access Point in connection settings in your mobile. And then you will be able to access all the site. :)

you cannot log onto vodafone live(the homepage) with VMC I owned a vodafone ministore and I could log onto VODAFONE WebCRM with vodafone live but not with VMC