Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

For Punjab Reliance Customer Care is saying 5 Dec 2010.

In Andhra Pradesh MNP is starting on 17th Dec

Let me try to unearth the timetable with the inputs from members.

Maharastra -- 4 December

Punjab -- 5 December

Mumbai -- 7 December

Delhi -- 11 December

Andhra Pradesh -- 17 December

Bihar&Jharkhand -- 19 December

Day before yesterday i ported my vodafone number by sending sms to 1900,yesterday i got a call frm vodafone feedback department asking me the reason as to why i want to switch to another operator,i told them tht sms pack is very expensive as compared to other operators.

The incumbent operator from whom the user ports out is not supposed to contact them!

A little Bit off Topic

One of my Friend purchased 10 connections in Corporate RGSM. I liked 1 Premium Number so I took it from him. I contacted Reliance for Changing ownership of that single Number but it failed. Down the time all of the 10 connections have been migrated to Prepaid but still they are on single CAF so as per Reliance Address for single number can not be changed.

Now I want to convert that Number to RCDMA postpaid using MNP (Bcz of CUG & Signal Strength). But the Number is still on the name of my Friend. Pls guide the way.

pre paid to pre paid is possible but then you loose the account balance and have to start afresh.. or changeover to prepaid of another service provider and then go for postpaid plan by giving the requisite service charges..

but get the confirmation from the service provider on this move.. first.

@saurav its possible. go to web world express or other reliance reatiler... they willl help you out. also apply for change in ownership for which u will need your friend's help..

I am glad MNP is arriving in Mumbai and Maharashtra in the first week of December. There is also a good news for people from Mumbai and Maharashtra. I read a newspaper report saying that Mumbai and Maharashtra will be merged as a single mobile region from December end. BSNL has already done it but others have been asked to do so by December end. So no more roaming charges when moving from Mumbai to Maha and vice versa.

Let me try to unearth the timetable with the inputs from members.

Maharastra -- 4 December

Punjab -- 5 December

Mumbai -- 7 December

Delhi -- 11 December

Andhra Pradesh -- 17 December

Bihar&Jharkhand -- 19 December

previous.gif Whole of India should be merged into one circle. NO more roaming and no more std charges, I know it is not a simple task but when whole Europe can be roaming free why not India?

I am glad MNP is arriving in Mumbai and Maharashtra in the first week of December. There is also a good news for people from Mumbai and Maharashtra. I read a newspaper report saying that Mumbai and Maharashtra will be merged as a single mobile region from December end. BSNL has already done it but others have been asked to do so by December end. So no more roaming charges when moving from Mumbai to Maha and vice versa.

Then what will the lazy and useless loop will do??? Just allow its customers to move to other operators using MNP???

@chitshar one india is possible.. cdma does nt allow logging on other co network... Similarly airtel.but the prob is not all telos are present pan india...further telcos have to pay interconnect charges to bsnl so its not possible. In us govt kevied tax on monthly telephon bill for rural telephony.. it was similar to edu cess on govt taxes..

Then what will the lazy and useless loop will do??? Just allow its customers to move to other operators using MNP???

Loop network is good,infact after MNP they will gain good no.of customers.

The new operators like Aircel, Docomo, Uninor, STel will be the ones would get maximum gain out of MNP.

I think the Fear of losing customers by MNP will force the Operators to get improve their QOS.

Just checked with CC

MNP will come to Chennai on 13th December 2010 and for RoTN, it will come on the 18th December 2010

The new operators like Aircel, Docomo, Uninor, STel will be the ones would get maximum gain out of MNP.

The incumbent operators - Airtel, Vodafone, etc which so far had the highest call tariff will reduce the same and offer tempting plans to check the above mentioned shift with MNP.

Just checked with CC

MNP will come to Chennai on 13th December 2010 and for RoTN, it will come on the 18th December 2010

But Kumar sir, TN and Chennai was made single circle long ago and I have seen posts of Kesav in old MNP thread that "DoT has got back the extra LRN (or whatever) number from BSNL and TataIndicom, so that Chennai and RoTN users will have same LRN number".. If that is the case, MNP launching date for both Chennai and RoTN should be same, right??? Or I am missing something??? :confuse:

Called up Tata Docomo customer care to enquire about MNP launch date in Karnataka. They have no idea about the same!!!!!!

Today i talked to one of the vodafone executives at vodafone gallery in mumbai tht madam told me tht they got a call today tht MNP will be launched on 19th jan.

Only Reliance Customer Care is intimating dates circle wise. All others are saying 20 Jan 2011.

Just checked with CC

But Kumar sir, TN and Chennai was made single circle long ago and I have seen posts of Kesav in old MNP thread that "DoT has got back the extra LRN (or whatever) number from BSNL and TataIndicom, so that Chennai and RoTN users will have same LRN number".. If that is the case, MNP launching date for both Chennai and RoTN should be same, right??? Or I am missing something??? :confuse:

Dear Friends,

It's bit tricky situation in Tamilnadu.

As for as the tariff is concerned, it's mandatory that tariff should be like a unified circle.This fact is known to everyone.

But license-wise, There are 2 different types of operators in Chennai & RoTN

(1) Operators who work in unified license -- BSNL, TTSL(Indicom+Docomo), Idea, Videocon, Unior etc.,(sorry..I don't have complete list)

(2) Operators who work in 2 different licences for Chennai & RoTN separately -- Aircel, Airtel, Vodafone etc.,(sorry...I don't have complete list). You might have noticed roaming symbol for these operators when you move to Chennai from RoTN or vice-versa.

According to DoT,

RoTN number can be shifted only to another RoTN/Unified license holder.

Chennai number can be shifted only to another Chennai/Unified license holder.

Unified number can be shifted to another Chennai/RoTN/Unified license holder.

To given an idea on what is not possible, Chennai Aircel number cannot be shifted to RoTN Airtel.

But whether phone works in RoTN Airtel or Chennai Airtel is going to have no difference for the subscriber.

Edited by kesav
  • Like 1

Quite a mess!! mad.gif

So will the same criteria apply for Mumbai and Maharashtra Circle also as far as MNP is concerned?

^^^

Rajan Bhai, one of my friend is working in a Telecom Group and he told me that operators are facing some technical issues while testing for number portibility. So it may take a little bit more but definetely on or before 20th January 2011. :)

But still I'm hoping that all these technical issues would be sorted out by their experts before 7th December 2010 and we get the MNP in Mumbai on time. :)

Quite a mess!! mad.gif

So will the same criteria apply for Mumbai and Maharashtra Circle also as far as MNP is concerned?

No....Mumbai & Maharastra does not have unified license so no problem.

Same applies to Kolkata & West Bengal.