Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

But license-wise, There are 2 different types of operators in Chennai & RoTN

(1) Operators who work in unified license -- BSNL, TTSL(Indicom+Docomo), Idea, Videocon, Unior etc.,(sorry..I don't have complete list)

(2) Operators who work in 2 different licences for Chennai & RoTN separately -- Aircel, Airtel, Vodafone etc.,(sorry...I don't have complete list).

You might have noticed roaming symbol for these operators when you move to Chennai from RoTN or vice-versa.

As per ur partial list above u say bsnl works in unified license that means like what u have said above we must not get a roaming symbol when u travel inbetween chennai and RoTn. But the fact is v get roaming symbol for bsnl also.

Initially bsnl, airtel,aircel, vodafone (then bplmobile / hutch) started with seperate licenses for chennai and RoTN.. They have different codes (like INA 40 / INA 94 (airtel)... diff. for chennai and RoTN). Even though their licenses could have been merged on paper i.e. on records, technically they r 2 diff. networks. So v will see roaming symbol.

Whereas the new operators started for entire tn(incl. chennai) with a single network.. single code. So no roaming symbol.

So what i come to say is there is no connection between the roaming symbol and unified license incase of older operators.

Post MNP launch, Tata Indicom is now luring subscribers from other networks (albeit for Haryana circle only for the time being). They have shown a list of reasons why a subscriber should switch over to Tata Indicom.

Just checked with CC

MNP will come to Chennai on 13th December 2010 and for RoTN, it will come on the 18th December 2010

But Kumar sir, TN and Chennai was made single circle long ago and I have seen posts of Kesav in old MNP thread that "DoT has got back the extra LRN (or whatever) number from BSNL and TataIndicom, so that Chennai and RoTN users will have same LRN number".. If that is the case, MNP launching date for both Chennai and RoTN should be same, right??? Or I am missing something??? :confuse:

Dear Friends,

It's bit tricky situation in Tamilnadu.

As for as the tariff is concerned, it's mandatory that tariff should be like a unified circle.This fact is known to everyone.

(1) Operators who work in unified license -- BSNL, TTSL(Indicom+Docomo), Idea, Videocon, Unior etc.,(sorry..I don't have complete list)

(2) Operators who work in 2 different licences for Chennai & RoTN separately -- Aircel, Airtel, Vodafone etc.,(sorry...I don't have complete list). You might have noticed roaming symbol for these operators when you move to Chennai from RoTN or vice-versa.

According to DoT,

RoTN number can be shifted only to another RoTN/Unified license holder.

Chennai number can be shifted only to another Chennai/Unified license holder.

Unified number can be shifted to another Chennai/RoTN/Unified license holder.

To given an idea on what is not possible, Chennai Aircel number cannot be shifted to RoTN Airtel.

But whether phone works in RoTN Airtel or Chennai Airtel is going to have no difference for the subscriber.

WOW Awesome Reply;-)

@kanagadeepan,

I had called up CC and their reply is what I had posted here. Maybe they may have meant with regard to CDMA as I had called from my postpaid CDMA number. And the other reasons given by kesav are too good.

Any Idea when it's coming in TamilNadu?

^^^

My dear friend, for Tamil Nadu its 18th December 2010 (Except Chennai). :)

• Like 1

Are you sure?

I am using RGSM number of Mumbai circle in Pune. I want to change the RGSM to other operator like Docomo in Pune.

I am glad MNP is arriving in Mumbai and Maharashtra in the first week of December. There is also a good news for people from Mumbai and Maharashtra. I read a newspaper report saying that Mumbai and Maharashtra will be merged as a single mobile region from December end. BSNL has already done it but others have been asked to do so by December end. So no more roaming charges when moving from Mumbai to Maha and vice versa.

Let me try to unearth the timetable with the inputs from members.

Maharastra -- 4 December

Punjab -- 5 December

Mumbai -- 7 December

Delhi -- 11 December

Andhra Pradesh -- 17 December

Bihar&Jharkhand -- 19 December

Reliance must break its silence now atleast on their Website.

They have also mentioned anything even for Harayana. They must mention procedure for MNP from RCDMA to RGSM and Vice Versa.

(2) Operators who work in 2 different licences for Chennai & RoTN separately -- Aircel, Airtel, Vodafone etc.,(sorry...I don't have complete list).

You might have noticed roaming symbol for these operators when you move to Chennai from RoTN or vice-versa.

As per ur partial list above u say bsnl works in unified license that means like what u have said above we must not get a roaming symbol when u travel inbetween chennai and RoTn. But the fact is v get roaming symbol for bsnl also.

Initially bsnl, airtel,aircel, vodafone (then bplmobile / hutch) started with seperate licenses for chennai and RoTN.. They have different codes (like INA 40 / INA 94 (airtel)... diff. for chennai and RoTN). Even though their licenses could have been merged on paper i.e. on records, technically they r 2 diff. networks. So v will see roaming symbol.

Whereas the new operators started for entire tn(incl. chennai) with a single network.. single code. So no roaming symbol.

So what i come to say is there is no connection between the roaming symbol and unified license incase of older operators.

Possible Siva, I stand corrected.

I thought roaming symbol could help in identifying the type of license but as you said if it fails for BSNL then I think it's not a good solution for identifying the license.

The below are few facts.

All new operators are in unified license.

BSNL and TTSL are 2 old operators( whom I know for sure) who have migrated to unified license.

Edited by kesav

Does anybody tried MNP?

Any one from haryana?

IS CDMA to GSM and vice cersa is working succesfully?

Why no offer from New operator MTS?

I think operators will not give any exotic offeres immediately with the assumption that people who are switching operators will be opportunists and may cause domino effect. So they may offer one time incentive like refund of MNP charges or small amount credit for longer period like 6 or 12 months.

I am sure people who switch are amongst truly dissatisfied lot. And fact will be that they will remain dissatisfied even with new operator as no one is going to. Change due to MNP. Life time validity is major factor why peple will be hesistant to change operators.

I had spoken to CC of Airtel to enquire about MNP for Kerala yesterday but they couldnt provide me with a date. I got it instead from Reliance, who actually called me back to give me the information. What was most hilarious though was that from this morning, I was inundated with a series of missed calls early in the day itself, and finally when I answered one of them, it turned out to be from Airtel CC, desperately trying to contact me to see if there was anyway I was "unhappy" with their service and if I had called them asking about MNP because I wanted to move away from their network. They were literally licking my boots, saying that they would do anything to ensure that I am a pleased customer and that I am valuable to them, blah blah... it was quite funny indeed, since I had called them just to get information about the MNP roll out date in our state! :rofl_200:

Edited by Anupe

Does anybody tried MNP?

Any one from haryana?

MTS is currently in switch-off mode due to impending cancellation of their licenses in the circles where they've not started their service.

Currently their focus is to save those licenses by providing mandated roll-out obligation coverage in those circles.

MNP is not their focus at the moment.

Edited by kesav

that(mts sleep) may be logically correct ,but with the support of their govt's both mts and uninor will never allow for cancellations for the policy lapses(inablity to of verify criterion of licence seeking companies as admitted by sibal) of indian govt..

Does anybody tried MNP?

Any one from haryana?

yes. CDMA to GSM and vice cersa is working succesfully

@ Supernova

What time does it actually takes for Migration of RGSM to RCDMA and process?

that(mts sleep) may be logically correct ,but with the support of their govt's both mts and uninor will never allow for cancellations for the policy lapses(inablity to of verify criterion of licence seeking companies as admitted by sibal) of indian govt..

MTS problem is one dimensional. It has a problem only in roll-out obligation which can be achieved by pleading with DoT for extra time.

DoT has to make a call whether to accept that plea or not.

Uninor problem is two dimensional. One with roll-out obligation and another with eligibility criteria at the point of getting licenses. Eligibility criteria cannot be corrected retrospectively. If it's proven that they didn't meet eligibility criteria then there exist no other choice other than to cancel the licenses of Uninor. The players who are behind them in the queue will push for cancellation. It's purely players mistake for submitting wrong documents. It's mistake on the part of Telenor for not having done proper due diligence before acquisition.

DoT only can help in migration of uninor subscribers to other players in a smooth manner.

Edited by kesav

whole process is of 5-7 days .. many confusions and flaws going on

Today again second time i recd call from vodafone ask ing me the reason i ported my vodafone number.

One of the executive at vodafone gallery confirmed me tht MNP is going to be launched in mumbai on third week of jan.

Today again second time i recd call from vodafone ask ing me the reason i ported my vodafone number.

One of the executive at vodafone gallery confirmed me tht MNP is going to be launched in mumbai on third week of jan.

I guess the MNP in Maharashtra has again been postponed till Jan'11...got an update from Reliance...is this true? this shucks...

For Punjab also they are saying same thing.

I think RCOM played a Joke with customers as they were the only to share these dates.

TRAI directs service providers to treat the SMS sent to short code number 1900 as ordinary SMS for the purpose of charging and the rate for such SMS shall not exceed the tariff applicable for ordinary SMS under the tariff plan opted by the subscriber

http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/Directives/141/directions3dec10erdiv.pdf

Edited by kesav

good move by trai...someone said here that airtel was charging 10 bucks

reliance has suceesfully testes MNP in maharashtra on 2nd dec.

SO MNP may start soon