Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

Malaysia, Thailand can have MNP within months, but India is taking years to implement it. Doesnt it smell of a big conspiracy of mobile service providers. Why is the government not willing to probe and give reasons who is responsible for the delay? I read in this forum itself that other countries are imposing heavy fines on service providers for the delay of each day. Why cant it happen in India? Why is government silent on this issue?

Edited by abhisathe

Has any one tested in haryana.changed their operator.How is it working.pls update your experience

Today i filled forms to change my reliance gsm and bsnl to tata docomo.......they are saying it will take 7 days....... GOT new sims and now keenly waiting to see same number on tata.......

I am pasting below an article from TOI on the subject:

JAIPUR: One need not be at the mercy of poor services of a telecom operator, just because he/she did not want to change the number. Now with Rajasthan being the second state after Haryana to launch the Mobile Number Portability (MNP), people will have a choice to dump their mobile operator for a new one yet keep the old number.

The services will be launched in the state in January 2011. All one needs to do is to send an SMS from the phone to 1900 to which the present company will revert with a unique porting code.

That code will be required while filling a detailed form of the company one wants to shift to. Within 48 hours, the company will take over the cellphone services for a nominal fee of Rs 19. Following this, the number will be switched off for an hour.

Once switched over to the new operator, one would have to continue with it for at least 50 days. While one can shift from a GSM to CDMA service or vice versa, but not from one state to another.

MNP would bring in a much-required change in the quality of services as well as in the attitude of the operators towards redressal of grievances to retain subscribers. "I think at least 15-20% would like to shift to alternate operators with attractive plans. BSNL plans to target high net worth individuals who earlier didn't want to switch to another operator because of changing the number," said Anupam Srivastava, senior general manager, Enterprise Business.

With MNP in place all operators will try to improve their quality of services, but experts feel, high-end users will not be attracted much by low tariffs because their mobile expenses are much lower compared to the disposable income and therefore, would like to remain with their present operators.

But with MNP the circles don't change. If one shifts from one state to another, the number will be on roaming, just as it does now. "As per the eligibility criteria, there should not be any outstanding payment by way of pending bills before customers can apply for availing of MNP services," said Srivastava.

According to a source, "The Indian telecom market comprises over 91% prepaid subscribers, and already this segment is having an annual churn rate between 50% and 70%. Hence, there will not be any big move in this segment. Though, the postpaid segment which is 9% or less of total subscribers' base in India and contributes around 20% of overall subscribers' revenue would be expected to have higher churning rate."

Therefore, the new entrants in the telecom industry would try to shift these high-end customers from large players towards their arena by providing special facilities and low tariff plans. Hence, this may lead to further tariff war in terms of voice and data usage.

"We recently launched our services in Rajasthan and have received a fantastic response. Today, the customer is looking at good value-added services beyond just voice. We consider it as a connectivity tool and would be targetting high and mid-end customers with better products and services," said Jitendra Rahi, regional business head of a leading mobile network brand.

Is 20th Jan 2011 the final date before which MNP is to be implemented in all circles? Are we looking at any further postponements any tentative dates available for chennai circle I want to move from vodafone to bsnl

I too waiting to switch my 2 RCDMA numbers to BSNL 3G in Bangalore. :Contento:

Guys Dont take tension at least by Jan 2012 we shall have MNP in all circles

not 2012 it is jan 2011

not 2012 it is jan 2011

Guys i said that on purpose 2012 i expect implementation to be delayed again

I am optimistic about MNP taking off from Jan 20, 2011. I have checked with the technical staff of 2-3 mobile service providers and this is what they said. According to them, systems to execute MNP are in place with majority operators. All can start MNP by this month end itself. But no operator is in a hurry to introduce it early, hence all will stick to the Jan 20 deadline.

Edited by abhisathe

Hi guys,

is MNP available in Delhi,

today i sent message to generate MNP code, and surprisingly i did get a message back mentioning the code for porting. i suppose then mnp is now available here.

please let me know.

thnx

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

MNP is not yet operational in Delhi. It is expected to be by January 20.

I was told that it will start from 20th Jan in Delhi

I was told that it will start from 20th Jan in Delhi

Last date for nationwide launch of MNP is 20 Jan 2011

Hi guys,

today i sent message to generate MNP code, and surprisingly i did get a message back mentioning the code for porting. i suppose then mnp is now available here.

please let me know.

thnx

Hi, what operator are you with?

Rgds

Jasmeet

<< Topic Merged >> :)

Hi guys,

please let me know.

thnx

Hi, what operator are you with?

Rgds

Jasmeet

Vodafone

^^^

Aman Bhai, Any special reason to port the number from Vodafone ?

Hi guys,

please let me know.

thnx

I tried on RGSM but got the message,"MNP has not been launched for your your service area". From my point of view it has not been launched. When I had tried the same in november from the same number, I also got a generated code which had expiration date of December 15. It might be possible that they might be testing their equipment and as a result you might have a received a porting code. I have also called customer care but they do not have any information or purposely not giving any information. I do hope it to be launched before 31 march, 2011. Most probably it will be launched on Jan 20 which is the deadline for the rollout. Anyways let's keep our fingers crossed.

Well, what may be the excuses given to delay MNP further, by cartel?? My few guesses are below:-

1) Not possible to launch at once in all circles.. So give time to launch in one circle for one year..

2) The tyre of truck which carried the Forms for MNP got punctured.. So please launch MNP in 2020..

3) Our SMS server can't handle too many PORT requests, so please postpone MNP till we upgrade our server by 2022..

4) The tower workers gone for New-Year party are druken very much and please postpone MNP till their hang-over finishes at say upto 31-Dec-2011.. (The next day 1-1-2012 will bring NEXT HANG-OVER though)..

5) We need to get sooo much One Rupee Coin changes to give back to customers opting for MNP (MNP charge is Rs19/-..) and we are visiting beggars in the gates of temple, all over India.. So postpone MNP till we return say in January12011..

^^^ Lolz.. nice ones there kanaga..

5) We need to get sooo much One Rupee Coin changes to give back to customers opting for MNP (MNP charge is Rs19/-..) and we are visiting beggars in the gates of temple, all over India.. So postpone MNP till we return say in January12011..

The above one is lovely.... :Contento: :Contento: :Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

On serious note, Cartel(Airtel,Vodafone & Idea) will stoop to any level to truncate MNP.

After all, They're the one who postponed it to Jan 20 by quoting petty reason like their employees are on festival season.

Every sensible Indian knows how many days leave they might have given to their employees during this so called 'festive' season. I can guarantee that they would not have given more than 5 days(that too after promise made by such employee that on return to work he'll compensate those 5 days by working through weekend in the month of Jan) to any employee in their organization.

^^^

Aman Bhai, Any special reason to port the number from Vodafone ?

i have been an extremely happy vodafone customer all my life, the only reason i want to port the number is cause, the new place i m shifting to has very very poor vodafone signal. while the rest of them work just fine. i m thinking of moving to airtel, as it is the only other 1 worth moving to having 3g in delhi. reliance and mtnl are not in my consideration list.

kanaga's joke made me spill my coffee all over my keyboard

Edited by ami1

^^^

LOLz.... :rofl_200::Riendo::Contento: