Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

Thank You Everyone For Your Kind Words.... :signthankspin:

• Like 1

yoo hoo..!!! great for ppl who wana change..!!

80,000 subscribers opt for MNP service in HaryanaMansi Taneja / New Delhi January 15, 2011, 0:52 IST

Haryana has seen a significant jump in the number of subscribers requesting mobile number portability (MNP) since the launch of the service in the state on November 24.

There have been porting requests of about 140,000, of which 50,000 were rejected. The actual churn was 80,000, according to initial estimates made by the service providers. Haryana has a total subscriber base of 19 million.

MNP allows subscribers to change their service providers while retaining their numbers. The facility will be introduced in the rest of the country from January 20.

“MNP has become a hit in this initial phase. It is expected to gain momentum. Service providers are offering new schemes to retain clients, but the users are trying the new facility. The actual impact will be known after the all-India launch on January 20,” an executive with one of the operators, which offer services in Haryana said, on condition of anonymity. The view was echoed by other service providers.

MNP is expected to increase competition between providers to improve their service. According to an earlier industry estimate, about 25 per cent of mobile users would like to shift to a new service provider.

• Like 1

80,000 subscribers. :GirandoOjos:

Its good the more the subscribers opt for MNP the more competition will rise and the more benefit we all will leech from these greedy operators. :)

ab ayyega khel ka asli mazaa...

Why were 50,000 rejected?

@rajanmehta: Thanks for your efforts in getting the news from the horses mouth !

Something not gelling with those statistics in the news report.

The total population of Haryana in 2001 was about 21 million.

Even with a decadal growth of about 25%, it should be a maximum of 25 Million in 2011.

How come it has 19 Million subscribers ? = Aprox mobile penetration of 79%

Operators may downplay the impact of MNP by saying very few subscribers will opt for it, but amongst the people I know, a lot want to change to better operators... esp. those who have been on Airtel for a long time. Only time will tell...

1.4 M out of 19 M means around 7.5% have tried to switch in early stage, though it says 0.5M were rejected. High churn must say.

Hi all

Will MNP finally offer a solution to use imported sets in Tata. Consider the following scenario

Since Reliance is bit more liberal, get imported handset of one's choice officially registered in Reliance, with a new / existing number

Now if we find that Tata tariff / network is better , port this number to the Tata network, which in effect might allow the non-ruim handset get into the Tata network

Unless TATA also registers the handset in its database, how can it work on it's Network? And Tata Programming also needs to be done even if it is registered by TATA as it will be non-ruim based handset..

^

Programming is not the concern here, its all about the foreign MEID acceptance!

Ya... ME!D acceptance and also the A-Key issues as well...

TaTa Docomo website is showing on their home page for MNP count down time.

So MNP roll out on Jan'20 will be realistic.

Unless TATA also registers the handset in its database, how can it work on it's Network? And Tata Programming also needs to be done even if it is registered by TATA as it will be non-ruim based handset..

So I guess it's possible the other way round - that is porting a tata number to reliance on a handset registered in reliance

So I guess it's possible the other way round - that is porting a tata number to reliance on a handset registered in reliance

True that is what is Hetal suggested some pages back.

But that will no longer be a TataIndicom Number, I guess. Going back to TataIndicom after 3months' lock in period will again pose the same problem of non-acceptance of foreign MEID.

After waiting such a long for MNP now new problem arrise for me in my Wife's CDMA-Prepaid.Last November Reliance C.C. asked me to submit verification document alongwith CAF to nearest WEB world & I submitted that to webworld now stupid webworld people has wrongly interchange my number with someone else so now my six year old SIM card belongs to someone else name.can anyone help me out from particular error?

Tata DoCoMo is offering 'Azadi' in the name of MNP.

Really I am not understanding the Analysts and Telcos view about churn rate after MNP.

Simply theu are considering only Postpaid customer retention. Why they are not considering Pre-paid customers and multi SIM users.

For example I am using CDMA for last Seven Years.I don't want close this number. But I want GSM , so I took a Docomo GSM number considering cost of GSM handset and data rate. Now I am using two mobiles every time . Because I don't want to miss the calls to old CDMA number. Once MNP is roll out, I will shift from CDMA to GSM and start using only one phone. Similar way few of my friends using multi SIMs.

There are lot of high ARPU users in pre-paid too as compared to Post paid.

previous.gif I am not able to see offers under postpaid or prepaid, its coming as select circle first though I have already selected the circle, anybody else facing same problem ?

previous.gif I am not able to see offers under postpaid or prepaid, its coming as select circle first though I have already selected the circle, anybody else facing same problem ?

Me too.

It appears that they are yet to upload the data for the circles.

Edited by sougatadc

A little over a month's time a total number of 80,000 subscribers are porting their numbers in Haryana itself. Haryana has 1.9 crore subscribers and the figure comes to 0.42%. There have been porting requests of about 140,000, out of which 50,000 were rejected.

Source

Found the following operators ready for MNP to welcome new customers...And having either ad campaigns or website info...

Vodafone "Everybody's Welcome" http://www.vodafone....hat_is_mnp.aspx

Idea Microsite on MNP http://www.getidea.co.in

Tata Docomo, "We Make You Azad in Every Sense" http://www.tatadocom...ortability.aspx

Tata Indicom "Switch and Why Tata Indicom" http://www.tataindic...ataindicom.aspx

Uninor "How do i switch to Uninor" http://www.uninor.in...tch-Uninor.aspx

Airtel, Move To Airtel http://www.airtel.in..._to_airtel.html

Even MTNL has joined the Party http://mumbai.mtnl.n...p/mnp_home.html

Still No Sign of Reliance showing any Activity on website or otherwise for MNP...

They seem to be thinking truly dead and done with and expecting No Port-Ins...Only Port-Outs... :death: