Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

I wasnt wrong after all! Finally, A good minister we have! Proud of you Sibal ji!

Yes Absolutely...One of the most talented and passionate minister in UPA II

OFF TOPIC:

@SumitVerma

You have any means to find out something more about the "Shashwat" $ 35 Tablet Project Status?

It is his pet project..Last i heard that HCL was given order for 1,00,000 Units and was supposed to be launched on 10 Jan 2011, but no news now...

TRAI has released a directive on MNP for all providers today: http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/Directives/142/MNPdirective18jan11.pdf

In the end of the document it says...

"shall come into force in all telecom service areas in the country from 20th January, 2011"

:biggrinthumb:

and friends , vodafone on twitter is saying that 20th jan is only tentative date for MNP (in todays posts also)

vodafone still thinking of postponement MNP

What is RCOM upto though :confuse:

Rajan bhai the "Shashwat" project is not viable, there was an earlier attempt for a $10 computer with poor results. The ministry of IT/Telecom/HRD should sponsor promising startups like Notion Ink instead of inventing such devices. NI did not even have money to rent a booth at CES effectively killing off the Adam due to lack of publicity.

Today MTS C.C. executive confirmed me that number can be ported from any network to MTS from today midnight. But the bad thing is they are not providing OMH sim. He told me buy MTS smart phone, if data is required.

In bangalore I am getting porting code on sending sms to 1900 for reliance cdma postpaid no response yet on docomo and virgin prepaid.

TRAI has already promulgated an order yesterday announcing commencement of MNP from Jan 20. That order is binding on all service providers. Also, TRAI has released advertisements in newspapers announcing commencement of MNP from tommorrow. It means it is an irreversible process now. Vodafone or no Vodafone, MNP shall begin.

I wanted to port my Virgin CDMA and Tata Indicom numbers to Tata Docomo...

I tried sending the message to 1900 but it says the service is not available in ur circle. I am from Maharashtra circle. I called up Virgin CC ...the executive told me that the porting service is not available anywhere in India for both Virgin and Tata Indicom. The executive even went on to say that MNP was launched in Haryana one month back but they still dont allow users to switch to other operators.

What crap is this???? If they are not allowing users to port to other operators in Haryana even after more than a month of the official launch then what's gonna happen all over India??? I thought MNP will launch on same day..ie. 20th January for all operators. Cant believe Tata Indicom and Virgin are not allowing users to port to other number!!

!dea, Reliance CDMA and GSM have already started providing the unique port code(UPC)

Arey aap kyu cc ki baaton me aa rahe ho.

It will be implemented. Check tomorrow.

No worries.

Sent from my Android Device

Final Stage of Pre Delivery Labour Pain has Started :)

Where is My Good Friend Doctor Vinay?

Yaar Sabko Koi Achha Tip ya Medicine de do jisse ki Baby bina pain ke aur Healthy Deliver Ho... :Riendo:

FRIENDS, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH READING....

I wrote the following E-Mail to Mr. Kapil Sibal, Minister For Telecom on 7th December 2010...

To: kapilsibal@hotmail.com

Cc: MOCIT@nic.in

Bcc: kapil@kapilsibal.com

Subject: Clarification Regarding MNP Launch Schedule-Rest of India

Date: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:58 am

Respected Kapil Sibalji.

Many congratulations for launching MNP in Haryana on 25th November. Expecting many bold, path-breaking reforms in Telecom while one of the most talented Minister at the helm of affairs. (Admire your initiatives in Education Sector).

Would like to bring to your attention that All mobile operators are giving different dates for launch of MNP in different circles whereas some are saying it will launched all over Indian only on 20th January 2011.

Millions of telecom customers are a confused lot and searching for the right information without any official source.

May i request you to kindly order Department of Telecom to put up Complete Date Wise Schedule of MNP Launch in different circles immediately on its Website in MNP Section OR if there is no such schedule and MNP in rest of India will be launched only on 20th Jan, Clarify that.

Not expecting a reply to this mail but will be stunned if one comes with the right information.

Thanks and regards,

Rajan Mehta

One of the harassed Telecom Consumer, Your Admirer.

And Today I have Received The Following Reply...

Subject: Your e-mail communication dated 07.12.10 seeking clarificationregarding MNP launch schedule- Rest of India.

Date: Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Sir,

I am directed to refer your e-mail communication dated 07.12.2010 mentioned above and to say that the Mobile Number Portability is going to be uniformly implemented through out india with effect from 20.01.2011.

Director (Security-I)

Department of Telecommunications

Ministry of Communication & IT

20 Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110117

Enjoy Friends...The First Official Confirmation...You Read Here at RIMweb...

Rajan Ji +1 for it, Tusi Great ho :signthankspin:

here i come:

Its the same every where there is no tech support team trained enough so they just reply any thing just wait till one more week: by the time exaust your balance its not going to transfer i am doing that only

Deep breathing helps

give it a good thought

be happy

0.jpg

Edited by Genius

Oh toh Genius Bhau....abhi delivery ke liye ek hafta aur wait karna padega ? Labour Pain start ho chuka hai desh bhar mein. Ab kaise possible hai ? :P

@vinay,

It already late by 2 year,

Jaldi se Scissoring karva do, But WITHOUT PAIN.

I sent a porting request today. Earlier I was getting the response "the service is not available in ur circle." Today however, i got the code, which will be valid till 2nd Feb

Porting Code was supposed to remain valid only for 24 Hours...Now You got 14 Day Valid Code...Did they change the Rules of the Game?

Porting Code was supposed to remain valid only for 24 Hours...Now You got 14 Day Valid Code...Did they change the Rules of the Game?

Even if they did, its a good move, 24 hours is very less....

Rajan Bhai, I think from today midnight onwards whoever send the porting request, will get the porting code valid for 24 hrs only.

For Reliance GSM, I got Port Code Valid till 3rd February....

And For AIRTEL, This message, "MNP is not yet launched for your service area SMS to 1900 is chargeable. Thank You"...Hope AirHELL charged me reasonably...Lol..

I too sent the message to port just now and got a validity till 03rd feb...

i too send sms from idea and reliance,

they had given UPC with validity till 3rd feb.

Till yesterday,Airtel was not sending the code,today they had started, coming as valid till 2/4/2011......

They forgot to change the date format though.... ;)

Sent from my Android Device

Edited by phonegeek

I too send sms from my vodafone number yesterday night got validity of tht unique code till 4th feb.

Today early morning i got call from vodafone asking me the reason as to why m leaving vodafone,i told him vodafone network is good but its quite costly compared to other service provider.Guys i can't believe the scheme he provided to me

Right now call charges is 1.5paisa/per sec to local and 2.5paisa/per sec for STD calls.He provided me discount of flat 1paisa per sec to any numbers all over india with monthly rental of Rs99 only(instead of Rs199) + 9000 local sec free to any number.Within few hours one of the executive will come to my place with the form for the cancellation of MNP request.

I have activated friends & family pack with one particular vodafone number free at a monthly rental of Rs49,i told tht guy tht today i will be goin to kolkata so i want tht particular number free in roaming also so he told me tht he can provide me tht number free in maharashtra,till now tht number was free in mumbai only but now i can use it outside mumbai also,but not beyond maharashtra.

I am so Happy!!!!!!! Thanks vodafone :clap:

MNP effect!!

Edited by ashish_1985