Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

:previous: I think there is no identifier as of now to check if its a R-2-R call or not.

May be operators will start playing their jingles rather than tring-tring now as RCOM has been doing on its GSM customers.

@honest you have tested this? I mean why'll they advertise another providers no?

@igloo

Dear friend, in other countries, where MNP implemented long ago, it works like this only. :)

@ afzal_6339

If i change to MTS, will EVDO enabled in my handset?

In Kerala MTS connection, they are not supplying OMH sim, so can not use data in OMH handset. If you want to activate EVDO in handset, you should buy a MTS smartphone. You can port any number to their smartphone.

@honest you have tested this? I mean why'll they advertise another providers no?

@igloo

Dear friend, in other countries, where MNP implemented long ago, it works like this only. :)

Very true Kamal bhai. This is a very important point for those with onnet unlimited calls so thanks for clarifying this.

Dear fiends

I sent sms for mnp code from aircel no. but not getting code.

Tried 5-7 times for 8 hours.Always recieved will recieve UPC shortly but never recieved.

Called CC but not taking complain

Any one facing similar problem

:previous: I think there is no identifier as of now to check if its a R-2-R call or not.

May be operators will start playing their jingles rather than tring-tring now as RCOM has been doing on its GSM customers.

You will get on-net benefits even on ported no. All operators have done necessary arrangements for the same..

Also, in case of DOCOMO, you can check if any no. is part of DOCOMO or not on this link...

You will get on-net benefits even on ported no. All operators have done necessary arrangements for the same..

Also, in case of DOCOMO, you can check if any no. is part of DOCOMO or not on this link...

Any confirmation on this. I still feel this is not possible

Dear fiends

I sent sms for mnp code from aircel no. but not getting code.

Tried 5-7 times for 8 hours.Always recieved will recieve UPC shortly but never recieved.

Called CC but not taking complain

Any one facing similar problem

U can complaint at ddgpg-dot@nic.in and ca@trai.gov.in

Any confirmation on this. I still feel this is not possible

I think he meant calls to customers who have ported in will be considered on-net.

i.e. If my friend ports-in his Voda number to Reliance :Sorprendido: then it will be onnet call for me now.

Have applied for porting of my Idea number to Reliance CDMA. Got sms from Reliance today saying the request is now under process. The real question now is how my donor service provider reacts. I am not worried about what plans Idea provides, as I have made my mind to move to Reliance CDMA. I am more worried about whether Idea allows me to move to Reliance smoothly or throws a spanner in the process.

The next six days will give an idea about how the donor service providers are taking MNP.

The nationwide roll-out of Mobile Number Portability is likely to prompt 6-7 per cent of existing users to switch to other operators, say analysts.

However, after the first few months, the churn rate will stabilise as operators improve their networks to retain existing subscribers. "For the first 3-6 months, we might see the churn going up to 6-7 per cent from the current level of about 4 per cent per month, as people who want to change their operator will do so in the first few months. But later, it will stabilise," Ernst & Young (E&Y) Partner and Telecom Industry Leader Prashant Singhal told PTI.

Pls guide me how to shift from RGSM to RCDMA

Pls guide me how to shift from RGSM to RCDMA

You have a little difficult task at hand.

Approach a retailer or web world and ask for changing from RGSM to RCDMA.

Most probably he will hand you over a new blank SIM and get the documents filled

And then wait for the magic to happen

Today MTS C.C. executive confirmed me that number can be ported from any network to MTS from today midnight. But the bad thing is they are not providing OMH sim. He told me buy MTS smart phone, if data is required.

Friends, I am very very sorry for the wrong information, :sorry: but it is not due to my fault; I am telling the story.....

2 days before I called MTS (Kerala) C.C.executive and asked him whether they are giving OMH sim, he confirmed me with a big "NO" that they are not giving OMH sim but they are giving OMH sim bundled with MTS smartphones and which is not available without smartphone and he added that if number is ported to MTS the new sim is always a ordinary CDMA sim.

Today I approached a MTS exclusive shop at Thrissur, Kerala to port my Tata indicom number to MTS. There were 2 lady staffs and 1 male staff. In the meantime I asked them whether they have any OMH sim. Hearing my question they looked each other and told me that they never heard about OMH sim and they asked me what is OMH :nerves: At last they gave me a blank MTS sim and I found that it is the original MTS OMH sim. :ko2: I told them this is the OMH sim; which is clearly written on the sim and sim packing and the both have 'gem' logo. All the three staffs were dumbfounded. :surprise: This OMH sim is intended for ported customers as there is MNP mark on the sim packing :unexp:

Friends, the C.C. executives and selling point executives are fools, :devil: don't blindly believe them, and believe in "rimweb" :rockon:

And I am requesting to MTS (SSTL) administrative authority, you please train your staff well to avoid misleading your customers like this. :bash:

post-60936-0-07913200-1295721468_thumb.j

post-60936-0-82389800-1295721603_thumb.j

• Like 1

@Kapil K Dev

Do one have to pay for the OMH sim from MTS or since it is the MNP kit, are they waiving off the charges?

Im going to ask a dumbfounded question... Why is everyone behind an OMH sim?? What is the big deal out of it??

^

:P

Only reason is, people from CDMA network with phones supporting OMH sim wont need to change the handset plus can use EVDO.

@Kapil K Dev

Do one have to pay for the OMH sim from MTS or since it is the MNP kit, are they waiving off the charges?

They charged me Rs.49/- for the sim

^^^ Hmmm... nice... I understood now, but how do I make myself understand about the EVDO part.. ;)

^^^ If the Greatest Mind is harbouring any ideas of applying OMH Drug to EVDO Aids Disease on imported handsets, then the Doctor (Muffi) has already ruled out the failure and effectiveness during Clinical Trials earlier... :winko:

^^^ Every 'doc' has his own way of seeing at things.. Clinical trials can also be re-looked upon... In simple terms, we have no harm in going to a different doctor to take a second (or for that matter, third, fourth, and so on) opinion(s)... :)

After all, I am the Greatest.. :P

Edited by Greatest

^^ Let me know if you find a Good Doctor... :)