Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

The main reason for more losses for Tata and Reliance CDMA service seems to be fewer port ins compared to GSM based service providers rather than more port outs. This seems to be easily explainable as people who port in will have to change their handsets. This could be the prime reason they have not benefitted much from MNP.

Edited by anandjm

:previous:

Further I have heard in TATA_CDMA that many customers who ported out from TATA_Indicom are going for TataDocomo mainly, due to very very limited handset choices...

I dont know about RCdma port-outs though...

Ya, limited handset choice could be a reason for maximum port outs from Cdma operators. But this way.....Cdma will die very soon.

Ya atleast Tata's GSM network is good (wrt voice call quality + tariffs --- NOT wrt COVERAGE), but in case of Reliance, chances of RCdma customers ported to RGsm will not be high, because of very bad voice clarity of RGsm, imho...

I have seen many friends and relatives in TataCDMA moving to TataGSM in my town...

With the heavy port-outs and dismal port-ins, the question that immediately comes to mind is that will the CDMA operators (at least RCDMA and Tata Indicom) be able to have a financially viable business and survive? I fear many more people will leave CDMA in the near future. A lot many may leave when its time to change their handsets, when MNP precesses stabilize, etc, etc. MNP is still very young. Unless they do something drastic, I don't see them getting port-ins, to reverse the tide.

Will MNP sound the death knell for CDMA in India?

Dear Friends,

My appeal to you to not run the thread based on the figures available in the internet.

I feel all those figures are basically paid campaigns by operators to fool the general public and turn the tide towards them.

No entity can have real data other than Syniverse and MNP Interconnection(Telcordia).

I don't think any of those figures available in different websites are sourced from Syniverse and MNP Interconnection and consolidated to give pan-India value.

If actually any of those websites have sourced their information from MNP operators, they could have proudly mentioned it in their website that 'these figures are sourced from anonymous sources in MNP operators'.

I'm 100% inclined to believe these figures are actually fudged and provided to the last digit to make it to appear it be real.

• Like 1

MNP-BSNL-takes-the-lead-In-Andhra-Pradesh-Grabs-14000-New-Subscribers.jpg

MNP: BSNL Takes The lead In Andhra Pradesh Grabs 14000 New Subscribers

After loosing the ground in Pan India MNP, India’s National Telecom backbone Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) Andhra Pradesh telecom Circle today announced that it was able to grab around 14,000 Port IN customers.

While BSNL lost 4,000 customers to other networks in Andhra Pradesh circle.

Till 30th January 2011 there were tons and tons of pending port in request from prospective customers who want to switch to BSNL and in last 3 to 4 days the ground reality has changed it looks like BSNL will take a clear lead in coming days in its strong hold telecom circles.

Mr. Rajeev Aggarwal, circle CGMT , BSNL AP circle stated “Our special tariff packs like Bandham & Nestham plan are attractive and affordable for everyone and we hope more the benefit from the MNP due to our low tariff and widen network. Presently as many as 11,436 applications are pending or “Port in Progress” to join BSNL from other networks in AP, while 2,550 are opting out. So far 14,000 customers have already switched to BSNL while 4,000 customers have opted to go out.

With good services and better tariff plans being offered by BSNL compared to its competitors in Andhra Pradesh circle BSNL is likely tofurther grow,” Aggarwal told.

He also reveled that initially there are few glitches as the process to PORT IN to the BSNL vai MNP tools takes about five days but now it would be overcome almost.

BSNL is not taking any MNP Port-in charges and off and offer Free SIM card (32K) to all “Port In” subscribers who Switch to BSNL. At the time of activation of all Port-in customers, will also get Additional FREE Talk Time of Rs. 100 in addition to the normal FREE talk value applicable with FRC. All Port-in customers will be offered GPRS Data Access up to 5 GB for one month free of charge.

Courtesy : Telecom Talk

Don't think MNP will be that drastic to sound death knell but it will definately get them out of the slumber they are in currently.

The stakes are too high (Thousands of Crores) for R-Com particularly because R-GSM getting all the bad vibes. CDMA can be the saviour.

The major hindrance for RCDMA is of handset choice with good features, across all price points particularly in smartphones and good data plans.

Both do not need any rocket science to overcome and they will surely wake up to the reality.

I foresee some good action on both fronts in the coming months.

^^^

I too agree with Rajan Bhai. RCDMA is anytime better then RGSM. Infact I love CDMA and the only reason of porting my two numbers to MTS is that the network of Reliance CDMA is not good in my area and they are not doing anything on the issue from the last 18 months.

^^^

I too agree with Rajan Bhai. RCDMA is anytime better then RGSM. Infact I love CDMA and the only reason of porting my two numbers to MTS is that the network of Reliance CDMA is not good in my area and they are not doing anything on the issue from the last 18 months.

for same reason i'm porting from R-CDMA to BSNL. or i hate BSNL :)

I would like to give me 2 cents..

These telecom behemoths have more than 100 million subscribers (if not more then 50 million for sure).. Usme se, if a few thousand port out, they just do not care.. it only creates a puny amount of financial loss to them..

But yes, one thing is there, because of these kind of port outs, they might be able to increase their network or plans issue or something...

CDMA is what brought me here, to this dear forum, in the first place.

:)

At my locality, I enjoy full 1x and EVDO coverage, the call/data tariff is very much economical or reasonable. Also I have invested significant amounts in purchasing cdma handsets. So no way am I going to port away.

Instead have a plan to shift my mother's number from Airtel to Rcdma or TI to make use of the spare cdma handsets lying idle around. Now, should educate her on the world war roots, how her calls will be securely encrypted and to be wary of qualcomm.

:D

I would like to give me 2 cents..

These telecom behemoths have more than 100 million subscribers (if not more then 50 million for sure).. Usme se, if a few thousand port out, they just do not care.. it only creates a puny amount of financial loss to them..

But yes, one thing is there, because of these kind of port outs, they might be able to increase their network or plans issue or something...

Not like that.If one operator lost 50000 connection with average ARPU of 200/- .It will be loss of 1crore.it is not small amount.Probably new port out customers are high ARPU.Till many users not aware of MNP.

After reading and discussing so much.

I have decided not to PORT IN or PORT OUT any of my, or families or relatives number.

Just 1 secondary number will be ported from TI to docomo ( for getting better choice of handsets).

Like Entry level handset with DUAL sim. no other handset are being considering, bcoz it's secondary number.

And Primary number is MTS with GOOD CDMA handset, so no need of looking for costly GSM set.

OR Nearly ALL WORST handset in range of CDMA+GSM. and ZERO choice in CDMA+CDMA.

Otherwise MNP is not USEFUL at ALL to me.

Just waiting for Inter-circle MNP.

Don't think MNP will be that drastic to sound death knell but it will definately get them out of the slumber they are in currently.

The stakes are too high (Thousands of Crores) for R-Com particularly because R-GSM getting all the bad vibes. CDMA can be the saviour.

The major hindrance for RCDMA is of handset choice with good features, across all price points particularly in smartphones and good data plans.

Both do not need any rocket science to overcome and they will surely wake up to the reality.

I foresee some good action on both fronts in the coming months.

Right, but will they rise up to the challenge? Thats the question. It is more than obvious that RCom is a badly managed company. Everyone knew this was coming, but they have done nothing about it.

Now, should educate her on the world war roots, how her calls will be securely encrypted and to be wary of qualcomm.

:D

Didn't quite get that. What secure encryption and whats the use of that when now its equally easy to eavesdrop on CDMA conversation as it with GSM calls? Big brother is watching both.

Just wanted to sound sophisticated to her.

Yep, inspite of being inherently secure due to coding mechanisms and frequency distribution, intercepting devices for cdma technology are available at large.

“No Idea, Get Idea”. Idea Cellular's campaign by Abhishek Bachchan to woo subscribers of rival telecom companies seems to be paying it rich dividends.

Rise in subscribers base:

Idea - 35000

Vodafone - 30000

Aircel - 12000

Airtel - 8000

Read more at: http://profit.ndtv.com/news/show/mnp-rush-idea-takes-the-lead-vodafone-comes-next-139279?cp

Its all a Publicity gimmick by various operators.

Everyday a new report with different operator being number 1. Even the counts vary drastically.

Only thing consistent is the bottom 2 RCOM & BSNL :Contento:

I think we will have to wait for the TRAI report to know the correct numbers.

Heard they are planning to include the MNP report in their monthly subscriber reports.

^

lolz... Idea mein pahuch ke pata chalega... what "No Idea" means... I need to port out of my one (No) Idea prepaid no.... advertising karke you can sell anything nowadays...

BSNL deserves what its getting... Reliance customers must be porting out only due to non availability of choice handsets, otherwise it still is the cheapest with good coverage... but nos are very small compared to their customer base...

Edited by dkaile

17.11 lakh requests received for MNP – TRAI

According to the latest figures revealed by TRAI more than 17.11 lakh mobile subscribers across India submitted their requests for switching to other mobile service provider in MNP regime. Mobile Number Portability became a reality across India since 20h Jan 2011 except for Haryana which was the first circle to witness MNP on 25th Nov 2010. Haryana circle registered 2.29 requests while rest of the country, in Zone-I (Northern & Western Region) maximum number of requests have been received in Gujarat (1.67 lakhs) followed by Rajasthan (1.44 lakhs) whereas in MNP Zone-II (Southern & Eastern Region) maximum number of requests have been received in Karnataka (1.16 lakh) followed by Tamilnadu service area (1.14 lakh).

But this data pertains to number of requests only not the actual ported in and ported out which is actually much lesser than that as all requests are not processed because of range of reasons. Recently teleguru shared exclusive data of port-in MNP customers, where Vodafone was leading among all operator. MNP has not been a smooth sailing for all customers as telecom operators are playing tricks to avoid loosing customers to competitors. TRAI has been monitoring the implementation of MNP in the country and it has instructed the service providers to strictly comply with the provisions of MNP Regulations. TRAI has noted that certain port-in requests were rejected by the service providers and major reasons for rejections are due to incorrect Unique Porting Code submitted by subscriber in the porting form, non-completion of 90 days from the date of activation of mobile number, existing contractual obligation and non-payment of outstanding bill.

Courtesy : Teleguru

^^^ Should i pat myself on the back...Just Joking :)

I updated the MNP FAQ regarding "Precaution You Should Take So That Your MNP Request is Not Rejected" at 10.35 p.m today after seeing Kamalbhai's post No 370 in this thread but before seeing Your Post regarding TRAI Press Release...

I think our FAQ on the subject is more comprehensive and covers more points... :)

Request All To be Well Informed and defeat The Telco's Wishes Coming True due to our ignorance.. cheers.gif

Edited by rajanmehta

I can say for sure that you're working for the benefit of mobile users much faster and harder than TRAI.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

It's lovely to see your views are in sync with TRAI's

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/reports-of-calls-from-sims-after-mnp-stir-concern/articleshow/7491461.cms

KOLKATA: The telecom department has detected numerous instances across the country where people are making calls on their officially deactivated SIMs even after availing of mobile number portability (MNP), raising concerns of abuse and possible security risks . The department’s vigilance wing has found that possible software glitches at the operator’s end have enabled customers on both prepaid and postpaid platforms to make outgoing calls from their old SIMs.

It has also asked all telecom firms to ensure that mobile phone SIMs are deactivated as soon as a customer ports out. A director in the telecom department’s legal wing confirmed this and said it was “illegal and a breach of licence conditions” . Under present licence conditions , once somebody ports out, there is a twohour window for deactivating the old SIM and re-activating the new one on the network he migrates to.

“But if the old SIM remains active, it opens up possibilities for serious abuse at the user end and monitoring challenges since a single number would be active on two mobile networks,” the official quoted above added. “The potential challenges of tracing calls made from the old SIM after a number migrates to a new mobile network were discussed at a recent meeting in the telecom department. Operators have promised to fix all software glitches that may have triggered such aberrations,” said a senior executive mobile phone company who attended the meet.

“If a person, whose mobile number is being tapped, happens to port out to a new network and discovers that his old SIM works, he can make calls using the old SIM and skirt surveillance. Under the present phone tapping system , once porting happens, a mobile number under surveillance will be under observation only on the new network,” said A Ghosh, director general in DoT’s vigilance wing.

Anyone here in rimweb has been able to make outgoing calls of the old sim as well as new sim?