Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Mobile Number Portability (MNP): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

A great point came to my mind while I was going through the post. It states everything about getting a new connection from new service provider. What if I am existing subscriber of two service providers? Please consider the following scenario:

1.What if I am already a subscriber of Vodafone and Reliance, and I want to leave Vodafone completely and want to transfer that number on Reliance?

2.If I am able to transfer my Voda number to Reliance, will the balance and the tariff plan I am currently on Reliance will lapse, or will I get continued under the same scheme?

I am sure many of us would like to know about the same as most of us atleast have two numbers currently.

BTW very informative post. Kudos. =D

Not able to understand very clearly what you are trying to say, but assuming the following,

You are customer of Vodafone and Reliance with the following hypothetical numbers

Vodafone- 9820022552

Reliance- 9324055555

Now when you will leave Vodafone and transfer the number to Reliance, Your Vodafone No 9820022552 will be shifted to reliance. Your existing balance with Vodafone number will lapse and you will have to select a fresh plan from Reliance. After porting , the same number remains with reliance.

Your current reliance no 9324055555 will remain as it is with the same plan and same credit balance and it has nothing to do with your ported number from Vodafone.

Any further updates about MNP in Mumbai & Maharastra circle?

:previous: Not Yet Launched. First Post Updated.

Has it been launched in Tamil Nadu because today is 18th?

@^ yeah, I called up Reliance yesterday and they said it will be implemented only sometime in January.

Please let me know tentative dates of MNP in Maharastra.

I have decided to switch over to other operator ASAP. Reliance using cheating process. I lost 500/- in this month due to unauthorized deductions towards mobile internet and false SMS messages for cheating "Merawala offer". Useless CC. They speaks very rudely.

If some one feels , MNP will be delayed further, I would like to go with new number too. I will ready to bear the problems while shifting to new number. Frustrated from Reliance.

Anyone from Delhi (where it was supposed to be launcehd on 25th)who has tried MNP?

Now the new date is Jan 20th all india according to CCE, check with your CCE

don't expect too much from MNP, coz churn works both ways. All operators will also get some new subscribers from others, in return for the ones they loose.

MNP will act as a catalyst for consolidation, and cartelisation by the bigger players. So all chhota mota players like Aircel, videocon, loop, mts are gonna die.

Please let me know tentative dates of MNP in Maharastra.

January 20, 2011 is the tentative date for all circles now.

Will it be possible to carry forward Talktime from Prepaid RCDMA to RGSM

Same Operator?

^^^ Theoretically and as per Regulations, NO!! But Practically Reliance can do anything!!

add this in FAQ

Q: Will a customer able to use MNP in 2011?

A: posibly yes

Can anyone pls update the Process for migrating RGSM to RCDMA.

Is WebWorld taking request now.

Actually I got a call from Reliance they were asking to fill 2 Forms etc....

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I want to know that can Reliance CDMA subscribers convert to GSM service? If it is possible then how to convert to GSM net work. I am using Reliance CDMA service. Now I want to convert my mobile into GSM service. If anyone know this please inform me.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

<< Topic Merged >> :)

@dsuresh27: Yes, you can convert your Reliance CDMA number to Reliance GSM service once they start the MNP service. However you need a GSM handset to use the Reliance GSM service.

Important question.

Do we have PAY for SIM card Rs25/49 as per given on pack? or sim card will come free?

You have to pay for SIM Card unless the New Operator is offering it free under any MNP Scheme...Like MTNL is doing in Mumbai.

Today I was told by Airtel(TN) CC that I cannot port out my post paid number since my connection is in my company name and only individual connections are allowed to port. I kept on insisting that there is no rule such that and I said I will file a case. He then connected me to his supervisor, who told me the same and said first I can change my connection to my individual name and then I can port out. So I need to submit fresh proofs and request to change from my company name to individual name.

Is it so?

Can't I port out directly?

I have 2 RCDMA No's both on same Name & Address.

MDN A with Plan X

MDN B with Plan Y

Is it possible to get

MDN A with Plan Y

MDN B with Plan X

I require only MDN A with Plan Y. MDN B is not necessary.

:previous: (@pasumark)

See Vodafone's webpage on MNP FAQs - there you will see the option you have asked for.

The link is here: http://www.vodafone....y_vodafone.aspx They have a wealth of MNP info, great initiative from Vodafone - always ready to help...

Edited by KumaarShah

I have 2 RCDMA No's both on same Name & Address.

MDN A with Plan X

MDN B with Plan Y

Is it possible to get

MDN A with Plan Y

MDN B with Plan X

I require only MDN A with Plan Y. MDN B is not necessary.

Hi Saurav,

But this is not operator porting. It seems you want to be with RCDMA and change the plans within same operator itself. So why do you not call RCDMA CC and ask for change of plan on MDN A? Or am I misunderstanding your post?