Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Mobile Number Portability (MNP): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

^^^ Unless he is using an ongoing plan in both the MDNs, he cannot change the plans.. Like for example 440 rs, r to r unlimited cannot be activated to a new number now or tranfered from one number to another number...

:previous: (@pasumark)

See Vodafone's webpage on MNP FAQs - there you will see the option you have asked for.

The link is here: http://www.vodafone....y_vodafone.aspx They have a wealth of MNP info, great initiative from Vodafone - always ready to help...

Nothing mentioned anywhere that you cannot port if your connection is in company name and CUG.

But when I contacted Aircel( To whom I like to port to), they also informed that you cannot port a number registered in a company. So I have to change my connection to an individual name and then I can port.

Further one more doubt - If I change my connection to pre-paid, can I port immediately or should I wait for another 90 days to port?

See Vodafone's webpage on MNP FAQs - there you will see the option you have asked for.

The link is here: http://www.vodafone....y_vodafone.aspx They have a wealth of MNP info, great initiative from Vodafone - always ready to help...

Nothing mentioned anywhere that you cannot port if your connection is in company name and CUG.

But when I contacted Aircel( To whom I like to port to), they also informed that you cannot port a number registered in a company. So I have to change my connection to an individual name and then I can port.

Further one more doubt - If I change my connection to pre-paid, can I port immediately or should I wait for another 90 days to port?

U can change the port the number till its in the company's name...........

as that number is owned by company.......

First convert the above no. to ur name.......

No need to wait for 90 days but that card should be in ur name......

FYI extracted from Vodafone's website:-

Can a single employee series of corporate number be ported out? Yes, as long as the employee submits an approval from the authorised signatory to the donor operator and it is also subject to meeting the porting criteria for the entire account.

No idea about this matter and what it means....

Edited by KumaarShah

FYI extracted from Vodafone's website:-

Can a single employee series of corporate number be ported out? Yes, as long as the employee submits an approval from the authorised signatory to the donor operator and it is also subject to meeting the porting criteria for the entire account.

No idea about this matter and what it means....

this means he needs to take a NOC letter that the number can be transferred to his name......... And all the further dues wud be paid by him.............

entire account means = all mobile number under that CUG/corp plan

Hi All

I am Sumit living in Gurgaon. I am a R-CDMA user trying to port to GSM operator. From yesterday I had send many messages like " PORT 9********* " (without quotes) to 1900 as advertised but a reply comes from 1901 always " Dear Reliance Customer, Your request could not be processed, please try after some time" :'( :'( :'( . Is anyone facing the same problem ?

Whom can I approach regarding this ? Please reply

Thanks

Sumit

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

<< Topic Merged >> :)

^^^ Unless he is using an ongoing plan in both the MDNs, he cannot change the plans.. Like for example 440 rs, r to r unlimited cannot be activated to a new number now or tranfered from one number to another number...

True that, if he is high ARPU he can threaten to port and see if any good retention offer suits his needs though.

Hi Rajan, Kamal,

Please add one more point in the FAQ regarding how would caller identify if number is onnet or not, for free calls.

The same point that Kamal has already addressed in other post.

Tata Docomo has gone one step ahead and now providing online facility to check whether any particular number is using service of Tata Docomo or not Sorprendido.gif

Link

I am trying to port without changing my account to my personal name from company. Because even if I change to my personal name Airtel is treating as a new connection and I will have to wait another 90 days :NOTriste:

Meanwhile thanks to all guys who clarified me.

Edited by pasumark

I am trying to port without changing my account to my personal name from company. Because even if I change to my personal name Airtel is treating as a new connection and I will have to wait another 90 days :NOTriste:

They r lying to you............

You can complain or write a letter to the nodal officer of both the companies means airtel & new company which u want to port in............and also write to TRAI.......

They would give u a better reply and also ur request wud be taken as a complaint against the employee who said this to you.............

But give full details to them with whom u had talked, and why do u want to port the number.........

Mr Ganesan, first convert your Airtel numbers to Prepaid.. This can be done within 2 days after getting NOC from your co.. Then go for porting.. This is what I have done with my Airtel number...

But the TataIndicom guys are as lazy as a dead pig... I have got my PORT IDs for both Airtel and Vodafone numbers, but they are saying the forms are coming.. Wait for a week..

They r lying to you............

You can complain or write a letter to the nodal officer of both the companies means airtel & new company which u want to port in............and also write to TRAI.......

They would give u a better reply and also ur request wud be taken as a complaint against the employee who said this to you.............

But give full details to them with whom u had talked, and why do u want to port the number.........

I also feel they are lying. So I have gone ahead to port my number to Aircel pre-paid. If they put some hurdles, I will sure take action as said by you.

The reason for moving out of Airtel is 'No coverage' in my office. It is a long story. Airtel used to have perfect coverage in my office. The cell site was just 50 meters from my office. But due to dispute with the land owner, the cell site became in-active and for the past 1 and half years I have been fighting with Airtel to re-activate the tower or install new one. Just got fed up and so moving out to Aircel which has good coverage in my office. Vodafone too has good coverage in my office. RCDMA has installed a repeater free of cost in my office

Mr Ganesan, first convert your Airtel numbers to Prepaid.. This can be done within 2 days after getting NOC from your co.. Then go for porting.. This is what I have done with my Airtel number...

But the TataIndicom guys are as lazy as a dead pig... I have got my PORT IDs for both Airtel and Vodafone numbers, but they are saying the forms are coming.. Wait for a week..

Hey I thought converting to pre-paid will be treated as new connection and one needs to wait for 90 days to port. Anyway, I will first try directly and if it doesn't succeed I shall follow your method of converting to pre and then porting.

Meanwhile here in Virudhunagar also the Aircel guys don't have the forms and are asking me to wait for 2 days. Vodafone is 100% ready

Important question.

Do we have PAY for SIM card Rs25/49 as per given on pack? or sim card will come free?

tht depends on co to which you are porting in and also executive entertaining you.. in most cases, they waive SIM card charge....

Off topic but in Rimweb home page sponsored links it is showing MNP ads for both Airtel and Tata Docomo. The Docomo ad is more informative while the Airtel one simply says move and get a surprise. Found it ironic that even on Rimweb (originally meant for RCDMA), RCOM has not given any MNP ads.

Pah.

^^^

Actually GSM operators are expecting a lot of Port IN requests from RCDMA so they preffered RIMWEB.

Found that Idea, Voda and Airtel all are giving different offers to different porting in customers based on how much traffic you have generated on their network. Guess heavy RCOM onnet guys might not get good deal from them.

• Like 1

Hi All

Any reply to my question? Has anybody got port ID by SMSing "PORT 9*********" to 1900. I called R-CDMA cust care ..One gut said sir please sms "Port 9*********" . I did this and again same msg..I called again and finally lodged a complain.

If anybody has got PORT ID please also tell me exact procedure

Thanks

Sumit

Dear all,

I have a query. I have given a port-out request for my post-pay voda number and got a call from voda to remain with it with some offer.I did not accept the offer, and then executive told me that he would call me later after consulting with his senior. Now, suppose i do not receive a call from voda and neither i opt to port-out the number, what will happen after 02/02/2011 when the validity of UPC will expire ?

:previous:

And according to the above link, the UPC is now valid for 15 days, you will remain on the existing network for 5 days (as per regulation) and on the 6th day, one can insert the new SIM / RUIM to switch on to the new network.

Hi All

Any reply to my question? Has anybody got port ID by SMSing "PORT 9*********" to 1900. I called R-CDMA cust care ..One gut said sir please sms "Port 9*********" . I did this and again same msg..I called again and finally lodged a complain.

If anybody has got PORT ID please also tell me exact procedure

Thanks

Sumit

You are following the correct procedure. No idea why you are not getting the UPC. I have got the UPC instantly for all my connections whether RCDMA, RGSM, Airtel or Voda. Only in the case of Voda, the UPC was not received on 20th Jan. It started working from 21st Jan.

The following is from RCOM's MNP website: -

• From your existing mobile number please send a Port-Out request to your current operator by typing “ < Port > <space> < mobile number >
  • Send this SMS to 1900 (charges as per your current operator SMS rate)

BTW, RCOM SMS is free while Voda charges 50ps, not sure about Airtel.