Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Mobile Number Portability (MNP): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Incorrect retailer sms does not get passed away from the company's local clearing house, which means the request never reached mch. These retailers do not entertain mnp requests since the companies have stopped paying higher comissions on mnp.

Actually there is no "retailer" in the picture as I had submitted the documents at their official Relationship Center. But for unknown reasons, they kept referring to the ARC as 'retailer". Maybe to escape blame..

By the way, if wrong Syntax was followed in sending my porting request, would I have received the confirmation SMS from +1901 that my application has been received and is under process?

U had generated ur upc well, but the retailer (arc) sent wrong text for port in initiation, that landed u in trouble:p

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Edited by garry1313

Applied once again with the new UPC code (generated yesterday). This time mentioned in donor operator column of the MNP form 'Tata Indicom CDMA' as they have advised.

Let's hope it is a case of third time lucky.

At long last, number finally ported to Airtel. The no service period was from midnight to six in the morning! Anyway, calls, sms, data working flawlessly now.

Amazingly this time around, it took just three days to port (if you exclude MNP holidays - Sat, Sun).

congo buddy... Party..!! :D

All:

Sorry if this is asked elsewhere, but a quick search did not show up anything. How will postpaid connection MNP work? Once I pay the bill, will my connection stop working? If it doesn't stop working then what about calls I make between the time the number is ported.

It seems a catch22 situation to me. To port my number, I have to pay my bills. But if I clear my dues, my connection should stop working to not get any additional dues on my account

Please help

Thanks,

^^^

Connection will not get cut.

You have to pay any billed amount pending. Unbilled amount and the charges for your usage during the transit period will be sent as a separate bill, which you need to clear within the time frame or else your no. will be blocked

hi,

anybody any idea of when the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) between states started.

I am waiting for it so long.

regards.

Inter State (All India) Mobile Number Portability has not started yet but it's recommended in the NEW telecom policy which is expected to be implemented shortly in few months from now.

• Like 1

^^^ Rajan bhai do you think that our operators will stay cool if it is implemented ?

Revenue from roaming will be zero and 1.2p/sec aur bhi upar jayega.

few months ago read somewhere it is going to be implemented by Dec 2011. but it is been a long time.

thanx @rajan ji

Dear friends,

I have a technical question I want to ask regarding GSM telecom networks. Suppose I have a MSISDN (my phone number) of network “A”. Then I port out (MNP) to another network, say network “B”. Then I again port back in (MNP) to the original network “A”. My MSISDN has remained the same, the whole time. I wanted to ask that now that I am back to the original network, will I have the same CALL QUALITY and NETWORK QUALITY as the original sims of network “A” ? or will there be ANY differences ??

Please help me out, because I feel that using MNP to port a number to another network has adverse effects on your CALL quality etc.

Shafiq

There will be no difference in the call quality or the network quality.

Whether you are a High ARPU / Low ARPU / Port-in /(Ported out and ) returning / Occasional customer, the signal strength at a particular location would be the same for all the sims.. :)

Rest all depends mostly on the kind of handset you are using.

Is there any specific network issue that you are facing at the moment ?

• Like 1

I am having a fancy number of Uninor prepaid with me. Uninor has closed operations in Kerala.

How can I port this number ?

Will the porting sms work, if I take this sim to uninor operating circles?

Fevin-Raj,

Just go to some other circle in roaming and send port message i think it should work

Thanks guys ...

Will uninor roming work in Banglore???.

AFAIK,they stoped operations in karnataka.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I have a query. Recently bought a foregin CDMA handset registered on Reliance. As seen in my profile I am a Voda user hence went to Reliance World for porting. They ported my number and gave me a new SIM and told me once this SIM activates dial 18002000024. I suppose it would be ported out on 4th, since I requested it on 28. The question now is how do I activate the number. I don't have a RUIM set. Would it be possilbe to directly go to Reliance World and tell them to transfer to my Non-SIM handset and activate my number from it or do I need a RUIM based handset?

activate the RUIM using any RUIM based handset, so that your # would become available in their systems.. then you can get that # transferred to imported handset..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

Thats the problem. Don't have any RUIM based handset and all my friends are GSM users. Guess I will just ask the Reliance Web Wrorld guy just in case he has a spare RUIM handset. I will activate on it and then activate it on my non RUIM handset.

^ thats what i wanted to ask (take help of RW staff).

Want to port my daughter's Reliance GSM Prepaid number to some good service provider in West UP. Will the procedure laid out on page 1 work, or is there any change?

Reasons-

1. Very poor coverage of Reliance GSM

2. Data does not work while roaming in prepaid

Also, suggestions required for good service providers of West UP.

@ Dkalie

My recent visit to UP(W) was very disappointing. While in roaming, VODA connection could not log on to any other network but VODAFONE and VODAFONE network is pretty much inferior than that of Idea and Airtel. Vodafone could log on to Idea network only where 3G data was available.

Since I am not GSM user I am not sure now a days GSM user can log on to other network or not. But people who had idea and airtel also had same complaint. BSNL was excellent though.

Want to port my daughter's Reliance GSM Prepaid number to some good service provider in West UP. Will the procedure laid out on page 1 work, or is there any change?

Yes, recently did 2-3 porting - same process - send SMS, get port code, apply with new operator, 7 days bingo - new network. Actually 7 days is approximate, got port Uninor to RCDMA in 4 days, whereas port Uninor to Aircel took 7 working days.

Need Help: Generating Porting Code on Reliance GSM

Fellow Members,

I am trying to get a UPC code generated for my RGSM Gujarat Circle number 9033003322 as I want to port out to Vodafone due to worst services and network of Reliance GSM in Gujarat Circle.

On Sept 5, I sent a message to 1900 for generation of Port Code.

However, the reply I received was "Dear Customer, Your request could not be processed. Pls. try After Sometime. Thank you."

I have sent almost 30 messages between Sep 5 and Sep 16 for generating the UPC Code and everytime got the same response.

The UPC code has not been generated in Reliance system as well.

I have lodged atleast 3 complaints in the matter. The first Two complaints with 198 helpline on Sep 5 and Sep 8 with max 48 Hrs timeline. Each of them have been closed with status resolved but problem is still the same.

Finally, I called up the Apellate Authority and Lodged my complaint with them on Sep 10 16:54Hrs and was told that you will receive the solution within Max 4 days time.

Its 17th today and the complaint is still under Resolution status and there is no update from the Apellate Office. Everytime I call them, they say that we are dropping a mail to take this matter on priority but no resolution so far.Webworld guys say they cannot take up any new complaints as the old one is in the solving status.

I am not sure what to do right now and fear that I would have to loose my number if I want to move out of Reliance.

If anybody has any idea about what can be done to solve this problem and generate the UPC code, can you please help/guide me.

Thanks,

Varun