Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

(Kobian) Mercury Launches Maestro, Tabla Handsets

113602_matter.jpg

Mercury Launches Maestro, Tabla Handsets

Promise better quality sound output at an affordable price

Mercury has introduced two new mobile phones - Maestro and Tabla - in the entry-level segment. Music lovers who like to use their phone as a portable music player will be happy to know that Maestro packs in a Yamaha Amplifier, while the Tabla promises 3D Surround Sound quality. Both phones will be available for less then 3000 rupees; the Maestro will cost Rs. 2990, while the Tabla will cost Rs. 2800.

113602_maestro.jpg

The new Maestro has a 2.2-inch Bright Light LCD with 1.3 megapixel camera with FM and Bluetooth. Use the expandable memory slot to add memory card for loading more music and play it on the speakers powered with Yamaha Amplifier.

The Mercury Tabla comes with a 2.4-inch TFT Display along with 1.3MP Digital Camera. Music lovers can expect some surround sound experience with 3D Surround Sound with FM and MP3 player. The handset also offers GPRS and WAP connectivity for the chat using EBuddy, and social networks like Facebook.

113602_mercury-tabla.jpg

No one looks at the sub-Rs. 3000 segment for a media feature-rich phone and that's where these two Mercury phones are positioned.

Courtesy : Techtree

They are from the same manufacturer of Mercury brand of computer components and peripherals.

^^^

Yes, and the Kobian Power Supply (SMPS) was once one of the best in the computer hardware market. :)

And now they introduced these handsets especially for Music Lovers. To yaaro.....TABLA BAJAAO.....AUR MUSKURAO.... :P

these days i blv Mercury also sells Memory Cards, etc.. that too best quality @ lowest rates..

Yes, products from Mercury(Kobian) are always reasonably priced and the quality is also good. :)

Mercury (Kobian) and quality?!?! Quite surprised to hear this. I'v had pretty bad experiences with Mercury products... and that includes SMPS, speakers, etc. Without getting into more details,  it is one of my most hated brands. And its not just me, but one of my friends who sells and repairs hardware, also says that both quality and service are below par. 

But then my experiences are not recent. Have they improved on quality as of now?

Anyway, these handsets would also be re branded Chinese stuff, right?

^^^

Raccoon brother, in older days when Kobian just launched SMPS in the market. They were the best. Infact the best till the last lot they had produced. Then suddenly don't know why they stopped Kobian SMPS. And now they are again in the market but with better products and good after sales services. :)

Aur jahan tak rahi CHINESE BRANDS ki baat. Toh Chinese toh ab India mein SADAK KA GOLGAPPA (PAANI-PURI) bann gaya hai...... Her jagah mil jaata hai. :rofl_200:

let see kaun kiska tabla bajate hai....

^^^

Raccoon brother, in older days when Kobian just launched SMPS in the market. They were the best. Infact the best till the last lot they had produced. Then suddenly don't know why they stopped Kobian SMPS. And now they are again in the market but with better products and good after sales services. :)

Aur jahan tak rahi CHINESE BRANDS ki baat. Toh Chinese toh ab India mein SADAK KA GOLGAPPA (PAANI-PURI) bann gaya hai...... Her jagah mil jaata hai. :rofl_200:

Dunno what "older days" means... but about 4-5 years or so ago, whatever Mercury product that I'v used, including SMPS gave up on me. Poor quality was also pretty apparent. I stopped even touching their products since then.

Another hardware brand which I and even others I know had a really bad experience with is iBall.

Edited by raccoon

in older days when Kobian just launched SMPS in the market. They were the best. Infact the best till the last lot they had produced. Then suddenly don't know why they stopped Kobian SMPS.

Kamalbhai 10 years back Kobian had a huge share of Computer peripherals market in india in SMPS, Cabinets, Motherboards. In fact they had massive market share. Then there was a fight between the promoters and separation happenned. After that it could never attain the same market share. However even then their product quality was not exceptional but acceptable with the USP of very affordable pricing.

As far as Chinese brands are concerned at last count i read that there are approx. 200 Indian Mobile Brands in the market. Can you Imagine. How on earth it is possible for each of them to have a proper branding and mindshare of the consumer. The real selling point always is going to be affordability with good feature sets. Most of them are not even trying to establish a brand except few like Micromax, Spice, Maxx etc. It is more like a commodity wholesale market for foodgrains and vegetables. All farmers bring their produce, the commission agent buys in wholesale and hawks to retail vendors. Abhi sabke Gehu, Chawal or Onions ko grading karne kaun baithta hai!! Bhai sabme nutritive value to ek hi hai. Bus Khali Packaging nahi hai!!

On the other hand people will happily pay a premium for Ashirvaad ka aata from ITC as it comes in a nice packaging with lots of catchy slogans and nice designs. Dil lo lagta hai ki kuchh achha kharid rahe hai!! Bhai hai to aata hi!! Same apni Chakki Ka!!

But the fact is Chakki ka atta works for a huge segment of society. Jai Ho!!

Earlier they used to manufacture SMPS under the name of KOBIAN. And Kobian's Smps were the best of that time.

Waise Older Days se mera matlab tha.....BABA AADAM ke jamaane ka. :multi:

Very well explained dear Rajan Bhai. :)

i have sold 100s of SMS in those days,

even their 810e and 845 motherboards where good.

hoping to see same quality again in mobile

^^^

My dear friend, the thread is posted under "GSM HANDSET DISCUSSION SUB-FORUM". :)

So, its a GSM handset and not CDMA. :)