Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karthik R

Vote For The Best Anti-Virus!

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which Anti-Virus do you leave your computer protection to?

• Kaspersky
    • Avira
    • Norton
    • ESET Nod32
    • AVG
    • BitDefender
    • McAfee
    • Panda
    • K7
    • Avast
    • Trend Micro
    • Other (please mention)
    • Microsoft Security Essentials

What to Look For in Antivirus Software? :thumb:

Viruses are among the most real and constant threats to the safety and security of the information contained in our computers. What's worse, for most of us, acquiring a virus is not a question of how, but when. That is why anti virus software is so critical. All security softwares are not created equal. Like all consumer products, antivirus software has the good, the bad, and the mediocre. The choices for antivirus protection are many and varied.

Vote here for the Anti-Viruses you rely on. The list of them are not exhaustive so you can add the ones omitted by mentioning below.

Remember when it really comes down to it, effectiveness and usability can either make or break antivirus software. Security programs are only as good as their level of protection, and if you can't figure out how to use it, you won't :boxing:

best_free_antivirus_software_-in_2009.jpg

For best results, get antivirus software that gets updates on a daily basis. Though there is no way to guarantee 100 percent security, an antivirus program that gets updated frequently will do a better job than the one relying on old input.

Edited by Karthik R

Voted for "Kaspersky"

bcus:

Effective, easy to configure, not expensive,

Voted for Avast.

Am on Avast Professional Edition and its superb.

Earlier I used Norton, and its also good. But it made my system slow.

With Avast my computer runs smooth and secure. EKDUM MALAAI KE JAISE. :P

quick heal is the best..

very good product + there support is very very good,

using it for over three years...

• Like 1

avg

4 posts & 4 different votes.

I vote for Kaspersky.

Edited by tarun_kabra

AVG.

Using it for 5-6 years now. Very lightweight in terms of CPU & Memory usage. FREE.

Zero virus infections inspite of many going around in office & on most usb pen drives.

me2 on avast for the last 3 to 4 years, no problems so far at all. Updates are automatic and almost twice daily or maybe whenever I am on the net.

and i thought Avira is the best

Norton is the best

So far only me rooting for Avira :)

initially i was using avg then moved to avira which crashed win xp.. now is adaware working fine

My vote is for Kaspersky

Well, I am currently using Microsoft Security Essentials and it's really VERY good.

Mentioned that.

Voted for Avast.

Am on Avast Professional Edition and its superb.

Earlier I used Norton, and its also good. But it made my system slow.

With Avast my computer runs smooth and secure. EKDUM MALAAI KE JAISE.

+1

Avast in Free Category. Best overall. Strong point-Fast, Constant Updates, Does not slow down the system, Works even with Windows XP 64 Bit. Try finding a good antivirus, internet security solution for XP 64 Bit. Even Microsoft own solution does not work with XP 64 Bit.

Kaspersky Internet Security in Paid- Rs 300 for 1 PC 1 Year License and Rs 690 3 PC 1 Year License-Absolute value for money with antivirus, firewall practically everything. Only con-Uses higher memory and somewhat slow Full Scan Speed. Still the best for given price. Russians are the best hackers and naturally best defenders also.

And thank God, I don't need an Antivirus in UBUNTU.

Have tried Norton, McAfee et all, but I'd give my vote to Kaspersky. Value for money, pricing and allround good protection from their Internet Suite2010 which I am currently using. Price of software per PC works out to less than Rs 250 each.

Avast Free edition since years now on all my lappies and PCs. Never a virus attack or problem.

It just needs to be coupled with an on demand anti-malware/spyware though.

Also have recommended to tons of people.

^^^

Dear Harshal, even Avast Free Edition has builtin Anti-Malware / Anti Spyware. :)

Pretty suprising that of now, none voted for k7 considering that they are comparitively cheap - 3pc/600Rs. and that they advertise in Indian media. I have had used it for a few months and found it to be very effective.

Quick heal and Avast Free edition !!!

Although I gave my vote for kaspersky,but I think MSE that comes free with some versions of windows 7 is much better than any other antivirus...

I am running both of them simultaneously and max times only mse is able to detect virus...

:previous: Microsoft Security Essentials is very effective but it works only if genuine Windows is running otherwise it will detect another pirated version :D

Microsoft security essencial is best for me at last after use of quick heal,avast,trend,kaspersky and norton.