Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Genius

Google Unveils New Smartphone, Nexus S

Well, I wasn't using iPhone as the benchmark... I was using NexusOne.

NexusS is supposed to be NexusTwo, and it does not seem to be such a revolutionary device compared with NexusOne.

IMO, It's a step backwards in terms of 1) missing card slot, 2) no support for 3G on at&t, and 3) plastic body.

[No, I haven't handled a NexusS, but I'm assuming it's the same body as GalaxyS... which is not as impressive as NexusOne].

TMobile in US has a HSPA+ network and AT&T obviously has 3G. NexusS will be a disappointment for TMobile users, and deal-breaker for AT&T users.

You're right about keeping fingers crossed about commercial arrival of 3G in India... and then we'll know if NexusS at all works with the technologies and bands used by Indian operators.

No denying that Gingerbread is awesome... but it'll be available on the NexusOne as well. It will be snappier on NexusS because of a newer processor... we'll to to wait and see how much is this performance difference.

I was also hoping for a dual core processor, and a 'retina display' on 'NexusTwo'... but I guess I've taken it too far :)

- does iphone have one (micro-sd card slot)?

- cheap plastic? have you handled one lately?

- open source in iphone?? or do u need to be stuck with itunes for ur life... lolz

- HSPA+ ?? in India?? who needs it... 3G to aa jaaye pehle yahhan par; its fully compatible with Indian 3G; and next step is LTE (4G); tab ki tab sochenge, as there is no handset for it yet (commercially) in the world, maybe Verizon's cdma iphone... lolz...

No micro-sd card is the only valid point but may not be a deal breaker for many wanting to taste gingerbread and all future updates from Android... I havnt used half of the 16gb micro sd card on my epic... lolz..

and gingerbread is taking apps to another level with special support for only inbuilt memory (read its full details)...

I fully agree with you. I wanted something more from Nexus S...in looks also Nexus One looks better than this...Nexus S looks plasticy... atleast they should have put Dual Core processor...I will prefer HTC over Samsung anyday...

^

Well, if you all are looking for a perfect device (or a wife) it DOESNT exist... Samsung is beating HTC hands down in the hardware part in all aspects; only the software synchronizations remain... that aint far either with Google in tow...

Well, if you all are looking for a perfect device (or a wife) it DOESNT exist... .

Hope "Bhabhiji" is not browsing RIMweb :Riendo:

And for all the critical evaluators, here's a list of 6 things that Nexus-S doesnt have -

1. No 4G or HSPA+

2. No Micro SD

3. No LED notifications

4. Only 5MP camera instead of 8MP

5. No HDMI out or DLNa

6. No Dual Core Processor

And for all the AT&T (read HSPA+ lovers) lovers in US - AT&T named the worst mobile phone network in the U.S.

Edited by dkaile

Choices available for the Perfect (Well almost!! From the Hardware Angle) Android Devices, (Barring the Pure Google Experience on the Software Front)

Motorola Droid 2 Global (Launched) http://www.rimweb.in...bal-on-verizon/

LG Star (Coming Soon) http://www.rimweb.in...ra-2-processor/

Unboxing the Droid 2 Global on Verizon

LG Star Hands On by GSM Israel

Edited by rajanmehta

Why, I think the Samsung EPIC 4G is superior to the latest Google boy i.e. the Google Nexus-S - here

sad to know that there are no CDMA variants for the Nexus S and LG Optimus 2X

Android in space! Google send Nexus-S 60,000 ft above Earth - and it still works

It's official - there are little green men in space. Disappointingly the aliens are not from another planet but were launched from Earth by Google to test the outer limits of their new Nexus S phone.

The tiny Android astronauts were strapped to seven payloads, which each contained one of the new mobiles. They were carried into Earth's outer atmosphere using weather balloons.

article-1341438-0C9355E8000005DC-887_634x356.jpg

The Android alien overlooking Earth at more than 100,000ft. The Nexus S it was strapped to was still functioning at 60,000ft

Zi Wang from Google Android said: 'We wanted an opportunity to collect some interesting data about the sensors in Nexus S - GPS, gyroscope, accelerometer, and magnetometer.'

The phones were running a variety of apps. Google Maps for Mobile 5.0 (with offline map data) which allowed the team what was directly below the balloon, Google Sky Map to try and identify the real stars in the backdrop and Latitude to report location when the phones had a data connection.

Amazingly the Nexus S could withstand temperatures as low as minus 50 degrees celsius, while the GPS kept track of the phone up to 60,000ft and started working again on the balloon's descent.

The balloons reached heights of over 100,000ft and travelled at up to 139mph at the top of their flight. They were equipped with still and video cameras and footage published on Wednesday shows the moment when the helium-filled balloons popped and the plucky Android astronauts plummeted back to Earth.

All seven high altitude balloons were launched on November 13. The average flight lasted two hours and 40 minutes with the descent taking around 34 minutes.

The Android team managed to locate all the payloads by using windcharts and GPS beacons, which transmitted the latitude and longitude of the balloon every two minutes.

Mr Wang added: 'By analyzing all the collected data, we were able to find some interesting trends. For instance, we determined the speed and altitude of the jet stream: about 130mph at 35,000 ft.'

The Google Nexus S is the first Android 2.3 smartphone (using the Gingerbread operating system).

Daily Mail

This is some interesting thing the android fans do...

^

Well, if you all are looking for a perfect device (or a wife) it DOESNT exist... Samsung is beating HTC hands down in the hardware part in all aspects; only the software synchronizations remain... that aint far either with Google in tow...

sorry but not agree..

as of today samsung is far behind htc in terms of hardware specially in body design.

apsrt from this is samsung having any special feature like htc sense (I am big fan of htc sense)

Flipkart has listed it in Coming Soon http://www.flipkart....obcu43efesazke2

But the killer deal may be here...Infibeam has listed it in Coming Soon at Rs 24,000 :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:http://www.infibeam....S.html?id=Black

If it comes officially at that price in India, it's a steal...

^^^ I dont think 24K paying for the Nexus S (or GT-I9003) without a Super SMOLED is a good price..

This is not fair that we Indians (or other than people from US/UK) are getting a lower (and cheaper) alternative known as Super Clear LCD...

Hame bhi Super AMOLED hi chahiye..

(I am also guessing the Super Clear LCD will not be a curved screen like in the original Nexus S)

Flipkart has listed it in Coming Soon http://www.flipkart....obcu43efesazke2

But the killer deal may be here...Infibeam has listed it in Coming Soon at24,000 :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:http://www.infibeam....S.html?id=Black

If it comes officially at that price in India, it's a steal...

But most chances r infibeam is ****ing with us.

they did same for nessus one

some cheap publicity.

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/135482-nexus-s-india-rs-24-000-a.html

Guys my friend got this for GSM he had given me for a week to pimp it up and install things do settings - things that normal person can not do bla bla --

i have been using since 2 days - i havent felt much difference from Fascinate that i have used - there might be few things but not much - the most noticeable is user menu giving a sliding star wars look.

here r pics:

1000000303.jpg1000000302.jpg1000000301.jpg

its now retailing at 20k on various online portals...