Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raccoon

Lowest Local Call Tariff Till Date?

Just got this SMS from Docomo -

Tata Docomo laya hai 75000 ALL Local seconds free (1250 minutes) sirf 299 rupaiye ke special recharge par.Pack Vaidyta 30 Din.Jald recharge karein!

This works out to 23 paise per min! And that without any expense towards an STV. This must be the cheapest ever tariff for local calls. Not useful for me though as my calling is very variable and the 30 day validity won't do.  :(

Can it be utilised for making off-

net calls too?

I have over and over again received a SMS from them that that on a recharge of Rs.90 I will be endowed with 250 local minutes valid for 30 days. And on a special of Rs.49 I will be getting 500 local Tata-Tata minutes validity being the same. But the one you mentioned blows them out.

RCDMA's 299 is better 30 min/day and onnet call are UNLD without FUP.

Edited by gmkarthikeyhan

^^^As it says "all local seconds" its pretty clear that you can use it for off-net calls also.

for which circle is it

MTS is providing 1000 local mins foe rs 199 in all circles. So effective rate is 20 paise per min. Also if you want on per second basis then you can go for rs 150 recharge which gives talk time of 200 and local calls are 1 paise for 2 seconds so it also comes at 23 paise per min with the added benefit that std calls will come at 45 paise.

for which circle is it

Maharashtra & Goa circle. My location is mentioned below my nick.

MTS is providing 1000 local mins foe rs 199 in all circles. So effective rate is 20 paise per min. Also if you want on per second basis then you can go for rs 150 recharge which gives talk time of 200 and local calls are 1 paise for 2 seconds so it also comes at 23 paise per min with the added benefit that std calls will come at 45 paise.

Ah yes, I forgot MTS. They had similar/lower tariff when I last checked. Also, I had noted that they had extra (hyper) talk time offer, so net call charge was perhaps the lowest I'v seen. 

With an off-net call termination charge of 0.20p/min how do these telecos plan to break even?

The best part of this offer is its "per second" basis. :)

Great offer from Docomo. They always takes the initiative to introduce such kind of offers before other operators. :)

Seems like a great offer...

With an off-net call termination charge of 0.20p/min how do these telecos plan to break even?

20p/min is IUC for STD calls only and for local calls it is 15p/min, from Apr2010 onwards, but not sure about date... Earlier it was 20p/min for Locals and 30p/min for STD calls...

@Kanaga Thanks for the update. I was aware of such a move but wasnt sure whether it is implemented :)

Uninor also offers 2000min onnet local and 700min offnet local @197(per minute pulse) and @198(per second pulse).

it is simple give and take between them.