Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anshu_s09

Reliance Communications Launches 3G Mobile Services

Here is RGSM 3G Data Plan PPT

Going Just little off topic. Ye Reliance ke logo ko kya hua.

Doesn't it look little different in the PPT.

after Mukesh left Reliance starts following footsteps of Airtel, Vodafone! this is *hit! Anil s**ks bigtime! He cant see of himself own!

At this Price they should not expect good customer base for 3G.

Plans are inclined towards postpaid user,

I think they are looking only for premium customers as of now...

Reliance 3G Speed Test Results From New Delhi (Telecomtalk)

Lowest Download Speed 40KBps

Highest Download Speed 460KBps

reliance-3g-speed-test.png

i think we all are expecting 3G to be like GPRS plans

99 mein 6GB

People want EVDO on there handsets but are they willing to pay the charges for using data is a big question

Lol

3G is a premium service and if they start offering unlimited or high data useage, it will choke the network and drastically drop the quality :D

Got a call from Docomo CC that if I recharge with Rs.91 the account will be endowed with 200MB 3G data and the speed being a whopping 21Mbps. Validity - 30 days. They fail to realise that it will suit only those who use just check the mails plus light browsing on mobile and not for the kinds of me who stream videos and download :)

Actually current 3G tariffs are hopelessly targeted.

Usually 3G subscribers are the ones who have basic tech knowledge...! So these 50MB..100MB with 21.1mbps will not get m(any) users as people won't fall for such crap offers.

And most of these customers also has broadband connections in their homes..so they don see the necessity to again spend 1000bucks for a 2 or 3gb data! They will be satisfied with 2gb@Rs.95/month 2G!

Now there is another segment which wants high speed internet connectivity but cannot afford the existing wired broadband. They will obviously cannot afford even the 3G as these are more costlier than wired broadband.

Now who the hell are they targeting?! Business users? May be. BUT even they will adjust to the cheaper 2G connection.

Conclusion: 3G services are going to fail miserably with such stoooopid tariffs. I know operators have spent lot of money for 3g spectrum...but who cares? All that people want is service at cheaper costs.

How did these operators forget that india is highly price sensitive country?!

Got a call from Docomo CC that if I recharge with Rs. 91 the account will be endowed with 200MB 3G data and the speed being a whopping 21Mbps. Validity - 30 days.

Why the validity is for 30 days... With 21Mbps speed (though final speed will be lot less), even 2 hours is a lot of time to finish it...

Conclusion: 3G services are going to fail miserably with such stoooopid tariffs. I know operators have spent lot of money for 3g spectrum...but who cares? All that people want is service at cheaper costs.

True...

Reliance told 3G would be competitive priced! ha ha ! And they come up with similar tariffs of Tata Docomo with more freedom!

And this 21Mbps crap! I just hate it! Most BTS is offering 3.6Mbps! Well I am not convinced by Speedtest.net results. Direct download gives me a proper view of the network speed. Some of BTS is equipped with 7.2Mbps HSDPA!

I guess with this pricing losers are only operators, they bought 3G spectrum paying huge amount of money by taking loans! But without takers or with a few takers they will not make profits!

On wireless I think 25GB can be said as so called 'Unlimited' (after 25GB speed will be capped) and that should be priced around Rs 1500! (Only BSNL can offer true unlimited) Otherwise nobody will take private operators' 3G!

And another thing, these CDMA players who are offering EVDO data services - BSNL, RCOM, TTSL and MTS are silent on this 3G pricing. RCOM and TTSL priced 3G all most similar to EVDO data.

For EVDO they did not pay such hefty amount like 3G. Still EVDO is not cheap (except BSNL). And MTS - who said their strategy is Data, Data and only Data is completely silent, it does not take advantages of current scenario.

CDMA players already lost 2G data game against GSM players, as most CDMA handsets do not support data services (1x and EVDO). But they are not thinking about it. As a whole future of CDMA in India is doomed!

• Like 1

Dear Rudradeep,

When GSM and its subscribers becomes self-possessed it perceives the efficent and congestion free CDMA network as its enemy and seeks to wipe out what is rest of it through high call connection charges.

WE, Rimwebians, are fated to lead the CDMA resistance against GSM and its army of corrupt ministers and the future we were raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of current 3G data tariff.

LOL :)

At existing Prices I will never opt for 3G. Broadband & 1X are sufficient.

Reliance told 3G would be competitive priced! ha ha ! And they come up with similar tariffs of Tata Docomo with more freedom!

And this 21Mbps crap! I just hate it! Most BTS is offering 3.6Mbps! Well I am not convinced by Speedtest.net results. Direct download gives me a proper view of the network speed. Some of BTS is equipped with 7.2Mbps HSDPA!

I guess with this pricing losers are only operators, they bought 3G spectrum paying huge amount of money by taking loans! But without takers or with a few takers they will not make profits!

On wireless I think 25GB can be said as so called 'Unlimited' (after 25GB speed will be capped) and that should be priced around Rs 1500! (Only BSNL can offer true unlimited) Otherwise nobody will take private operators' 3G!

21mbps will rrequire HSPA+ Handset do you have it

@Hetal does anyone show more than 10Mbps speedtest on Reliance/Tata Docomo 3G?? :GirandoOjos:

@Karthik I am talking about data, not call connection charges, here CDMA can win if tariff is reduced! 25GB@800 can be a killer deal for EVDO players. Do not expect CDMA 3G spectrum auction in next 2 yrs as every1 will be busy with 2G Scam !

:previous: CDMA 3G auction will not otherwise happen as the defence forces during a series of meets with representatives from the communications ministry rejected DoT's demands to vacate spectrum in the 1,900 MHz band, that is required.

i think docomo is much cheaper I am using a docomo sim card with Rs 95 recharge for 6gb in my usb modem and it is giving me great speed the download speed is more than 300 KBPS (which was earlier 20 kbps) and i could download a 700 MB movie thru torrent in 1 hr

Then why will I pay for higher 3g plans of docomo

Is this some kind of loop hole or what

agreed with shashank below,

rcom can keep saying there will be no price wars

but that will hardly make it so

once the early adopters have been exhausted

the ONLY way the operators will increase subscribers will be by reducing rates

however this may take over a year to happen as the network gets rolled out to different cities

Actually current 3G tariffs are hopelessly targeted.

Usually 3G subscribers are the ones who have basic tech knowledge...! So these 50MB..100MB with 21.1mbps will not get m(any) users as people won't fall for such crap offers.

And most of these customers also has broadband connections in their homes..so they don see the necessity to again spend 1000bucks for a 2 or 3gb data! They will be satisfied with 2gb@Rs.95/month 2G!

Now there is another segment which wants high speed internet connectivity but cannot afford the existing wired broadband. They will obviously cannot afford even the 3G as these are more costlier than wired broadband.

Now who the hell are they targeting?! Business users? May be. BUT even they will adjust to the cheaper 2G connection.

agreed with shashank below,

rcom can keep saying there will be no price wars

but that will hardly make it so

once the early adopters have been exhausted

the ONLY way the operators will increase subscribers will be by reducing rates

Even then I think the price war starter might not be RCOM and hopes will have to be on Docomo or Aircel; looking at the way they have been increasing rates wherever possible latest being the popular SMS pack again.

Data cards are probably locked. :Sorprendido:

And plans are NOT cheap ! Remember BSNL offers Rs. 549- 1GB day+5GB night compared to Reliance's 1GB@649.

Current Lot is locked but Plan is to bring Open market one's. Even this lot can be unlocked, even RelianceWorld guy is giving link.

I like the methodology (very similar to BSNL) of RCOM 3G tariff when compared against TATA Docomo.

TATA unnecessarily bundles voice with Data which I feel is utter stupidity.

In RCOM, you can continue everything about voice with your existing 2G tariff and only use 3G data plan as top-up for your data.

That's best way. For the sake of 3G why on earth someone should loose all the STVs and RCVs of voice.

RCOM, continues to have different data plans for 2G and 3G which is very important since a subscriber can opt for 3G data speed only when he needs it and rest of the time he can continue with 2G speed.

Another good thing about RCOM is it does not restrict the speed for any data plans and the speed purely depends on handset and connected BTS capability. If both are breathing 21.1 Mbps then a subscriber in any data plan can make use of it.

RCOM gives flexibility to use the data plan in any mode(mobile internet, tethering, USB modem) the subscriber wants to.

RCOM has launched 21.1 Mbps USB modem simultaneously with 7.2 Mbps modem which is not the case with TATA(TATA still has only 7.2 Mbps device on sale).

RCOM scores over TATA in all aspects.

RCOM matches with BSNL in tariff flexibility but falls in terms of tariff cost.

RCOM (max 21.1 Mbps) scores over BSNL(max 7.2 Mbps) in terms of speed and device availability matching the BTS speed.

Edited by kesav

:previous:

Yes sir.. This time RCom's tariff is much straight-forward and better than that of Tata..

Even though TataGSM is first pvt player to launch 3G services, there is a VERY BIG CATCH here.. Like the mistake they have done in CDMA EV-DO, they are concentrating ONLY ON CITIES and NO small towns are in their 3G roadmap for 2011.. I think TATA DoCoMo 3G will be a big LOOSER in coming days, if they continue these sh!tty restrictions (Locked modem, speed restrictions, voice bundling)..

Edited by KanagaDeepan

:previous:

Yes sir.. This time RCom's tariff is much straight-forward and better than that of Tata..

Even though TataGSM is first pvt player to launch 3G services, there is a VERY BIG CATCH here.. Like the mistake they have done in CDMA EV-DO, they are concentrating ONLY ON CITIES and NO small towns are in their 3G roadmap for 2011.. I think TATA DoCoMo 3G will be a big LOOSER in coming days, if they continue these sh!tty restrictions (Locked modem, speed restrictions, voice bundling)..

Has anybody tried RGSM 3G network in New Delhi. I tried it on my nokia N73 but of no avail. I changed network type from GSM to UMTS and even to both but couldn't see the difference. I contacted RCOM CC but they say that you need send some SMS. I believe that SMS thing is for GPRS settings, but maybe CC has not been updated on troubleshooting 3G. I think that they have been asked to put 3G on hold untill they recieve security clearance from Govt. Another possibility could be that I need to go to Web World to get it configured.

Do u guys have any idea how will the operators operate in circles where they dont have 3G network?

Can they use 3G data services from other operators like they use 2G where their roaming network is not available?

If yes, the price war would be finished and the customer would have a great 2G option, specially with MNP comingin..

King Brother.....ya they will now make a cartel and loot subscribers as no operator has 3g license in all the circles. By the way, Docomo is already in talks with MTNL for Mumbai and Delhi 3g services.