Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Suggestion For Having Common Threads For Help

I have a suggestion for our Administrator Arun.

If you notice, many people come here for small problem resolutions and open separate threads for that in respective forums. Most of this people come here just for the resolution of their problems, many just joins and the first post invariably is for resolving some problem. While we all are here to help everyone, the problem is that over a period of time all such threads clutter the respective forums with the effect that useful threads go into background and everytime we are reinventing the wheel for similar problems.

And again when some newbie has a problem, he wont bother to search around but will again open a fresh thread and this vicious cycle goes around afresh. And if one notices deeply most of this people will not post anything meaningful or contribute here once the anwsers to their problems are posted by someone and will resurface again only when there is a problem.

In this background, isn't it a good idea to develop common help threads topicwise and merge all help requests when someone opens a new thread to the respective help thread. Few examples of Such Common Thread which can be created are,

-Reliance Netconnect Help Clinic

-Android Mobiles Help Clinic

-Reliance Prepaid Issues

-Using Imported Mobiles on Indian CDMA Networks Help Clinic

I have just put up some illustrative threads in hurry. If admins and smart members puts up their effort together, most of the problem thead topics can be covered in about 10 threads. Over a period of time, this threads will contain good troubleshooting information at one place which one can refer before posting a new thread. And information in one thread can be of great help.

Admin, Moderators and Members comments welcome.

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 2

In rimweb often the buy sell forum is most active so this problem is less here but still increasing. In sites like XDA this is a major issue. Your idea is very good but no need to manually merge existing problem solving threads. Instead there could be a sticky thread named Q&A in each section. This thread will contain links to the problem solving threads. Whenever a new problem solving thread is added, it can be linked to the Q&A thread. And also members must be encouraged to follow search in Q&A threads before posting.

Rajan there has to be different threads as problem differs from person to person and we don't have space problem. Ya I agree to have different category for it and if some FAQ like can be prepared it will be helpful, moreover pinned topics are for that only, things can be searched also.

Some Stupid questions like "Suggest me GSM / CDMA handset or washing machine TV" can have a thread with top 10 listing so no one asks same things over and over.

Edited by Genius

With so many Doctors here, I propose a separate "Free Medical Advise" Section.

Just to start off the 1st topic:

I am having extreme coughing (productive) since last 10 days; No Fever etc. Alternating bouts of weakness & excitedness and an urge to post inane stuff on forums.

Have already tried some random medicines like antiallergic, cough syrup, revital (!) & some tablets whose labels were too worn off to read (must have brought them for some good reason - so why waste it)

Dosage/Schedule were on scientifically proven basis of 'eat when you remember or see the drug' (Human body knows itself best Theory)

Have also bolstered it with some broad spectrum Kingfisher Strong to kill the germs.

But still no improvement. What should I Do ? Gurus please chip in. Please post any tutorials or cracks here ASAP. Please stop all your important work and post answers HERE FIRST. This is most urgent.

(and no, don't tell me to go to a doctor - that's like going to car service station - they'll start fixing everything that really doesn't need any fixing)

Well there is no general treatment ram ban like medicine but advising without examination is not proper but I am sms'ing u some therapy.

Not posting here, but any one with cough which is productive should go for "Steam Inhalation" it will help u expel cough.

Regarding urge to post useless stuff there is no cure, it gets worse day by day till mods kick ur a$$

Wait for my SMS within 1/2 hour.

Edit: reply within 10 min least wait time for MD appointment.

Edited by Genius

Rajan Brother, I missed this thread as was on trip to Rajasthan and Delhi. :)

In this background, isn't it a good idea to develop common help threads topicwise and merge all help requests when someone opens a new thread to the respective help thread.

Your Idea is good. No doubts. Merging posts which have similar issues into one thread could be a good option. But its really hard to merge old threads to the new one.

On the other hand, new threads, which have similar issues can be merged in one common thread. :)

+1 :)