Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sumitnda

Should I Go For MTS?

hello everyone

i have been hearing about the buzz surrounding MTS for long. am presently on reliance cdma with htc touch pro.

the best thing is that i find MTS working in all the places i need to use (mumbai, kerala, delhi, bihar). but i have a few doubts

(a) how is the network coverage?

( b ) are the tariffs really better/at par with reliance?

( c ) can i shift to MTS on my present set (touch pro)?

(d) can i use EVDO/3G on my touch pro with MTS?

(e) lastly, when is MNP coming to kerala? (i heard its 22nd dec, isnt that TOMORROW!!!)

guys plz guide me on this. thanks in advance :signthankspin:

Edited by sumitnda

A. Network Coverage across Circles is a very Wide Question. You'll get differing answers. Better to ask for Specific Circle/Area.

B. MTS Tariffs are good.

C. Sadikkbhai is doing MTS on imported handsets. Look in this thread for criteria http://www.rimweb.in...aharashtra-goa/

If i remember, you have bought touch pro from him. So you will qualify for activation of Touch Pro on MTS. Contact Him.

D. Answer in C.

E. MNP datewise schedule for different circles is no longer valid now. Most probably all india roll out should happen on 20th January 2011.

Edited by rajanmehta

MTS got pretty good coverage in Trivandrum, Kerala. The network blanket covers 400 towns now and is expanding in rural areas. Also heard that it is good in Bihar, confirm the same.

The call and data tariff are better than Reliance but the plans are not numerous. Roaming in circles not cover by MTS will cost dear. The best offering is the 1p/2sec local call tariff other than the Msaver cards in various denominatons. You wont get any cheap night calling rates with MTS. The SMS packs is for Rs.64 and offers 500 free msgs per day, valid for 30 days.

Reliance GSM's CC representative seems to be convinced that MNP will be introduced here on or after January 15th '11. But you know how these things work.

Hope this clears a bit. Make an informed decision :)

:previous:

Excellent answers.. But only one correction wrt question B..

(B) Home Tariffs of MTS is better than RCdma, but ROAMING TARIFF (I guess you are an old user, so cheaper simple plan roaming tariff applies to you..) is NOT GOOD IN MTS, STILL NOW (Roaming is Rs1/1/1.50 for Roaming Incoming/Local/STD calls)... Please confirm this first..

MTS network is good in Delhi. I have been using MTS for more than 6 months now, best tariff(at least in Delhi) and very good network. Basements are the only places where it has let me down apart from underground parking of malls and apartments and underground metro routes the network is good. You wont get any good roaming rates and free onnet std with MTS though, but with the extra talktime which they are giving local will come at 23 paise and std at 45(that too on per second basis). I dont know anything about handset programming, so i will leave that to our gurus and about MNP i will believe it when i see it.

I have been using MTS for past 8 months in delhi. certainly it has a good network. in 8 months i experienced very few call drops (not more than 5). I use a lo-end MTS branded handset.

Signals, good everywhere except in Metro underground lines. I don;t know about signal strengths in basement of buildings.

I have a very limited outgoing phone calls requirement and MTS offers many options for me. I guess i will stick MTS for a long time. :)

Even for heavy users they offer good options. recently i came to know they are offering unlimited local calls @275/- per month.

And the best you can do is, enter any MTS store, tell them your general usage pattern and they will tell you what options are there for you.

Regards.

Roaming in circles not covered by MTS will cost dear.

@Kanaga - I got close to that :winko:

in rural west bengal MTS has best coverage at par with Airtel and Vodafone - the oldest duo of west bengal circle! :Contento: i am using MTS from June 2009 and its network is really good. I got lifetime 1p/2sec local calls @ Rs 95 and also subscribed to 100 loc+nat sms for daily Re 1 (deduction will happen even you do not send sms for the day). currently using Samsung F219, but no OMH sim is available! no data access on the OMH handset!!

Roaming in circles not covered by MTS will cost dear.

@Kanaga - I got close to that :winko:

karthik ji, actually I was referring to Rajan's post and before typing my post (I am little bit faster than a snail in typing during night) your post entered.. So there is confusion...

ON-TOPIC:-

If ROAMING is not that important, you can switch from Reliance to MTS anytime..

Major problem is u wont get MTS everywhere,

They are making huge losses

The no of connections they are showing, the active connections a much ower than that,

my friend is having distributorship of MTS

he was telling out of 4000 subricstions they submint only 250 to 300 are active others are just to meant the target by sales manager

Will someone pls enlighten about MTS operations in Mumbai and Maharashtra. I am an Idea customer planning to switch over to either Reliance CDMA or Tata Indicom after MNP. I have heard a lot of MTS, but have not seen too many posts on MTS coverage and tariff in Mumbai and Maharashtra. Will someone please help?

Major problem is u wont get MTS everywhere,

They are making huge losses

The no of connections they are showing, the active connections a much ower than that,

my friend is having distributorship of MTS

he was telling out of 4000 subricstions they submint only 250 to 300 are active others are just to meant the target by sales manager

Another difficulty a prospective MTS customer may face is the accute shortage of recharge vouchers. Though they all flaunt it with wallpapers, not many shopkeepers readily stock MTS vouchers or flexi.

well, i am getting the feeling somehow that even today, i dont have much option except for continuing with reliance.... hopefully, with some more inputs i'll be able to decide better..

one more question, if i shift to MTS on Touch Pro, what r the internet usage charges (for handset as well as a modem...)

:previous:

With expected reduction in carriage charge in Jan2011, the roaming charges in MTS may get reduced a bit.. So wait and watch...

previous.gif What are carriage charges? How much its now and how much is it expected to be reduced?

in rural west bengal MTS has best coverage at par with Airtel and Vodafone - the oldest duo of west bengal circle! :Contento: i am using MTS from June 2009 and its network is really good. I got lifetime 1p/2sec local calls @ Rs. 95 and also subscribed to 100 loc+nat sms for daily Re 1 (deduction will happen even you do not send sms for the day). currently using Samsung F219, but no OMH sim is available! no data access on the OMH handset!!

OMH sim are now avilable for new customers, but Not sure about upgrade for existing customers.

OMH handset support only omh SIM card for data usage

How is the MTS coverage in Bangalore? Their 191 scheme offering lifetime 1ps/2secs LIFETIME is really giving me sleepless nights.

In some states MTS is offering colour handset with sim and activation for Rs 501 only.

I agree that it is quite cheap. But what about the network quality in Bangalore City

Does MTS have any cheap 1x data plans ?

Like 100Rs or 200Rs per month for 1GB or 2GB ?

^

There is no such Rs. 100 or Rs. 200 packs on MBrowse. You have to go either for Rs. 350 pack for 1034MB or Rs. 549 pack for unlimited usage of 1X data.

Rs. 111 gives only 175MB and Rs. 175 gives only 300MB.

These figures are for your circle. Check here:mtsindia.in/Karnataka/mbrowse.html

I am buy new mts connection before 3month, today i charge 1paisa/1sec

previously i am charge 1paisa/2sec

after call to cc the guy say this is valid for only 90 days,

after u have recharge 158 rs for 1paisa/2sec for used for 360days.

this information is not given when i bought connection.