Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manekia_h

Area (GPS) displayed on Nokia 2112

i had lg 2130 and got exchanged for nokia 2112 pc is good but every time when we make a call or we recieve mumbai is displayed on the screen left upper side of the screen and exit on the right lower side unless we press exit we are not able to use loud speaker and while doing so line gets disconnected

can any one suggest the option for this problem is there any upgrade i called nokia care centre they say we have heard this kind of model no first time so pls call next week i also did send a e mail to reliance about a week ago but till now no reply

thanking you

haider

I have the same problem....I am from Delhi so I get Delhi instead.

I asked my web world customer care excutive but he could not help me in this...It is a GPS (Global Positioninfg System) But of no use...I hope RIM could just turn it off this GPS...and make life simpler........ :( Mukul

i thank you for your reply how do we convey to reliance to stop this system or make nokia software changes it does come in lg and samsung pcs but for nokia we have to press exit and the same key is also for the speaker does cause inconvience

Yes it is Cause when I was in Chandigarh it show Chandigarh and when I go to Noida (UP) or Faridabad (Haryana) it show Noida or Faridabad. But I do not have much problem with it. In Nokia 3205 if you want to switch to Loudspeaker you have to press exit to clear the screen from the GPS and then the same button to switc on the Speaker. So you have to press twice. I do not know about Nokia 2112 but I guess it would be similar as 3205.

Thanks...

I was told by a Web World Excutive that it is a GPS.... LOL. They have to be updated about this. But how can we disable this feature.....

your sdca is being displayed.. it gets displayed on my rd2030 after disconnecting a call... and even while making one... but it dissapears after a few seconds

Yaar it jus gives you info on your current service area..

Not any GPS or anything..

Yaar it jus gives you info on your current service area..

Not any GPS or anything..

Very true!

All Nokia GSM phones also hv the same feature, calles "Cell Info Display", which shows the location of service tower, from which the phone is getting signals!

Nothing related to GPS or nething!!!

not only Nokia it occurs with my 7230 as well and also used to occur with GTRAN.

but it would just come up and i had to press clear button for it to make it disappear

U can search for an option, like Cell Info Display or Info Message or Info Service in ur Nokia phone!

If its there u can turn it off.

PS: I don't hv Nokia CDMA set only GSM, and in all Nokia GSM phone there r such options and i think they must be in CDMA phones also!

Cell Info Display, Info Message or Info Service are not there in Nokia 3205...If somebody know please help ;)

not only Nokia it occurs with my 7230 as well and also used to occur with GTRAN.

but it would just come up and i had to press clear button for it to make it disappear

25336[/snapback]

is the same problem with gtran also will some one tell me pls

The cell info in nokia displays the tower from which it receives signal..

But in this case, here its displaying SDCA name (CITY) not the specific place...

don't think so. other handsets (LG, etc.) doesn't have any disable option too.

Other handsets display the SDCA, when you make call (i.e., before the call gets dialled)

its just a area displayed whenever phone refreshes itself. i noticed so many time i recieve sms which r pending after this refresh.

RIM guys, Please make an option to disable it. Its a real pain in the neck. Please give us some code to disable this so called FEATURE.

RIM guys, Please make an option to disable it. Its a real pain in the neck. Please give us some code to disable this so called FEATURE.

I dont think Jr. Ambani would read ur post here...

write a letter to him..

Good luck...

This area display thing is only in Reliance.There is no area display in Tata nor in Mtnl's Garuda.

Now with the habit of pressing exit on Reliance,i try to press exit when using gsm phone and end up in putting on the loudspeaker of the phone :clap: