Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Samsung Galaxy 551 Android Launched In India

Samsung has silently launched Samsung Galaxy 551 in India. Available Online Now At Rs 12,799 Here http://www.flipkart....?affid=INGaurav

Very Good Specs with Android 2.2 Froyo and Slide Out QWERT. LG Optimus One and others have some serious Competition Now in this Price Range.

samsung-galaxy-551.jpg

Specifications:

Android 2.2 Froyo, 667 Mhz Processor, 3.2" Capacitive TFT Display (240x400) 16M Colors, Touchwiz 3.0 UI, Java, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, 3.15 MP Auto FOcus Camera, Video Recording, Wi-Fi b/g/n, USB 2.0 (Micro USB), aGPS, DLNA, Bluetooth, GPS, Stereo FM Radio with RDS, Divx Support, 160 MB Internal Memory, microSD Card Slot upto 32GB, 1200 mAH Battery,

• Like 4

1200 mah battery shouldnt be enough to carry out the tasks that the bot would want.. nevertheless, awesome specs for an awesome price...

I somehow feel the 667 MHz processor would also not give you complete experience of the 2.2 Froyo...

It still has the same crappy resolution as that on the Galaxy 3. The Optimus one still wins on this parameter at least.

O1 also has a bigger battery.

Processor should have been faster.

samsung needs to hire some good model designers.

nearly all smartphones from samsung have same dull outlook.

samsung needs to hire some good model designers.

nearly all smartphones from samsung have same dull outlook.

I agree to this fully. Htc are way ahead in designing than Samsung IMO.

i think its gonna be good competition ahead.. ANdroid India

1200 mah battery shouldnt be enough to carry out the tasks that the bot would want.. nevertheless, awesome specs for an awesome price...

I somehow feel the 667 MHz processor would also not give you complete experience of the 2.2 Froyo...

Yes i agree but price is also down

Processor should have been faster.

Sab paise ka khel hai

Processor seems to be quite snappy.... No legs.....Capacitive Screen response Good

Flash Support in browser sketchy...Should work in Dedicated You tube App...

Overall For The Price, Looks like a good deal With Android 2.2,Slide Out QWERT Keyboard

• Like 2

its an amazing phone guys.. i bought it one week ago at 12,100 Rs. I wanted andoid with keypad under 15K.. and its the only phone thats having this thing... its working great.. not laggy.. :clap:

Samsung processors are faster. I have seen on moment that 800 mhz was faster than 1ghz of incredible.

Battery life on gsm may be acceptable. Good phone IMO for given price

I have got the LG optimus one y'day

IMO,some +s over galaxy 551 are

Better battery

Qualcom processer

512 mb Ram

Better resolution

Non Glossy body

Lots of applications

Price is down to Rs.10,990 on FlipKart though I saw nothing below 11,599 on eBay. Very tempting for those like me who like to have a real physical keypad.

Got it yesterday from the local chap. Rs.11,400 was the price I paid. Expect to recover some of the Rs.400 in the better price I should be getting for my old N5230.

First impressions: Looks like to result of a one night stand between the Galaxy 3 and Epic 4G.

Gettin familiar with Apdroid - my $G developed a problem after all of three days. Ear speaker is great - beats the N6275 or N5230 hollow.

Connected to the iitk network - got 11.5+ Mbps yesterday, but getting only 30 or so kbps today. Watch this space.

previous.gif Thats strange - most phones can be had locally here for less than Flipkart prices.

u are right raccoon

Initially local shop wala will ask the online price. but if u bargain u will get 500 to 1K discount. This is my experiance as of now

previous.gif Well, I'v noticed the difference (between Flipkart and local shops) can even be around 1k for a 10k phone. That is 10%... sometimes, even bit more, depending on where you buy.