Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cavarun

Blackberry 9330 - Upgrading To Os6

hi friends,

i recently got a bb 9330 and had some queries regarding the same, tired to google them but some how could not manage to get desired results.

next step was compiled a list of 3 questions only in the beginning and sent it our expert hitesh. my queries and his replies are verbatim produced.

another thing hitesh bhai took only 2-3 hours to reply and that too i guess he must be offline.

Q 1: y do we make bb reg id as 2004 and in some cases 14655 (home sid) or 65355 (home nid). is there any harm in keeping bb reg id as 2004 for a bb handset registered with relaince.

A- Home sid nid are correct, you can keep 2004 as reg id, keeping bb reg id as 2004 main purpose is to show the phone , that it is not in roaming network, as you can keep bb REG Id as 14655 (this is reliance BB REG ID)

q2: what is the qpst version to be used with bb 9330 and what should be the base model in qpst for bb 9330 (i tried with 215 and 263 but it is reading wrong base model (some 6200 unts) by default)

A- you can use latest version 343 etc, but do not load PRL , Do no make your SPC ZERO, do other things, as making these changes will effect your activation ,( next number change )

q3. bdm is not asking for update of bb device softaware to shift to os 6. can i use bbsak to load os without wiping os 5.

A- uninstall your BB DM and install ver 4.7, i have just upgraded one handset to OS 6 using bb dm 4.7

thanx again hitesh bhai for your valuable support

hi friends

i was really desperate to load os 6 on bb 9330 and had tried evrything without wiping current os 5.

like apploader and also thru bdm (bdm said not enough memory on device)

so my desperation was getting higher and higher

so wiped my os 5 using bb sak (the second i press wipe os and i was like omg what did i do now what will happen)

then tried to load os thru bb sak (it said no upgrades available) it was again omg what did i do.

then checked whether i hv installed os 6 or not, i hv not installed os 6 to my pc so installed it thanking god that i still got a chance.

installed os 6 deleted vendor.xml

used apploader to install os 6

-----------

then dont know my phone is still rebooting for last 5 mins wait wait

its restarting

phone restarted

thank god

sorry guys will post rest when i come back after seeing bhagwanji (secretly prayed to god that i will go see him in the temple as soon as this is finished)

friends

in the mean time when os was loading in 9330, i was frantically searching on the web for something useful.

i got a very wonderful link in crackberry site

"http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry"'>http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry"

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

very very helpful and a must read for bb owners

btw

before doing that i simply made backup of three things

phone book

sms

service books

os 6 is crazy

keep looking for updates on os 6 and bb 9330

You will get OS update only if bb services are on. OS 6 came for 9330 on 23rd Dec only. So most probably new lot will come with os6 and soon the devs can release the way to update 9330 to OS6

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I want to thanks Hitesh a lot for speedy delivery of BB 9330 in very good condition.

And for good technical support.

The most imp. Thing for all BB9330 owners is that - after activating the no.

Please upgrade to BB OS 6.0 ASAP.

OS 6 is amazing and its work perfect. I like its browser the most and you

Will get many more updates.

Thanks Hitesh.

You will get OS update only if bb services are on.

:previous: This may not be the reason. One user who bought from Hiteshbhai as mentioned in the quote above has already updated to OS 6 and using it...and he won't be having official BB Services..

^It seems cavarun has already upgraded

Posted Today, 07:29 PM

os 6 is crazy

keep looking for updates on os 6 and bb 9330

Edited by digitalnirvana

This is for all BB Curve 9330 owners, for upgrading the software to OS 6.

As upgrading the BB software is not new in this forum, any one can find this topic in many post.

But i want to help the newbie (like me) to get the upgarde in easy steps.

I am using Window 7 32bit PC and I recently purchased a BB 9330(sprint version) from Hitesh :GirandoOjos: .

Now the software needed:

1. Blackberry Desktop Software v5.0 Service Pack 1

Get it from here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

2.Blackberry software v6 for sprint

Get it from here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=FC3CF452D3DA8402BEBB765225CE8C0E

After getting above software,[-Remove previous versions of BB softwares if intalled-] First install BB desktop software v5 after that install BB software v6 and restart your PC.

Now if you connect your BB and try to upgrade through BB Desktop Manager, it will check your BB software and promt you no update available for this device.

Before doing the following make backup of your device, If its new nothing needed.

Now the real play begins, and we have to upgrade the BB through 'stealth OS install' method. :Chulo:

Go to My Computer> C: Drive > Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and delete 'Vendor.xml'

Close all the applications and Refresh the desktop.

Again Go to My Computer> C: Drive > Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and double click Loader.exe which launch the Application Loader Wizard.

Now remove the battery from BB.

-Following steps are synchronised and you have to do it fast-

But the battery back in BB > Connect the BB to USB cable > Click 'Next' in Application Loader Wizard > Again click 'Next' when appear.

Now you get the long list of applications which are going to install, check all the boxes except DOD - leave it uncheck. Move forward and finish.

BB will reboot, it takes time about 15 min. And you got the new OS 6.............ENJOY :clap:

• Like 1

A general overview of BlackBerry OS6

BlackBerry Device Software 6.0 introduces several new features to the BlackBerry® operating system. These features are grouped into the following categories:

Home Screen/User Interface

Browser

Universal Search

Calendar

Contacts

Media

Setup An overview of several of these new features is listed below.

Home Screen/User Interface

BlackBerry Device Software 6.0 includes brand new graphics, icons, Home screen and a new interface. These enhancements make it quick and easy to navigate the BlackBerry smartphone!

Context Menus

Touch and hold, or click and hold the trackpad, to bring up the new graphical context menus. The graphical context menus are designed for a quick and easy way to perform actions without having to bring up the full menu. The menus can be launched by touching and holding an application icon, email message, calendar appointment, contact, and other places within BlackBerry Device Software 6.0. Application Switcher Redesign

The new Application Switcher provides a list of all currently running applications on the BlackBerry smartphone, making it easy to run multiple applications simultaneously and to switch between them. Press and hold the Menu key to launch the Application Switcher, then touch or click the application to bring it to the foreground.

Browser

Webkit

The browser will now leverage the Webkit (www.webkit.org), a powerful open source and standards based rendering engine. Webkit will provide the BlackBerry® Browser with faster and more robust HTML and JavaScript® rendering performance. The Webkit implementation will provide the browser with broader standards support, including partial support for new and emerging standards such as CSS3 and HTML5. Enhanced standards support will result in a significant improvement to rendering fidelity, and support for more robust web content on the BlackBerry smartphone. Tabbed Browsing

Open and manage multiple and concurrent browsing sessions within the browser via tabbed browsing. Simple and intuitive controls will allow users to access tabbed browsing, as well as initiate and terminate browsing sessions or pages. Simplified Browser Selection

The BlackBerry Browser will continue to leverage multiple transport options such as BlackBerry® Internet Service, BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, BlackBerry® Mobile Data System, and Wi-Fi® technology; however, the user is no longer required to change and configure these settings manually. The browser will automatically leverage the optimal transport available at any given time, to ensure optimal performance and minimal impact to the cellular network. Additionally, the manual controls to change settings have been removed from the browser options screen to simplify the user experience. Zoom Controls

Enhanced zoom controls have been added for BlackBerry smartphones with touch screens, which allow users to use two fingers to “pinch” the screen to zoom in, and expand two fingers to zoom out.

Universal Search

New to BlackBerry Device Software 6.0, Universal Search allows a user to quickly and easily find contacts, calendar appointments, email, instant or social messages, make phone calls, launch applications, find on-device help information and much more. To launch Universal Search, either touch or click the magnifying glass on the Home screen, or start typing the information you are looking for. Universal search is also integrated into Messages and Options on the BlackBerry smartphone. Touch or click the magnifying glass within Messages, or start typing the desired options within Options to start a search.

Group Messages by Subject

Email messages can now be grouped by subject. To enable this functionality within the messages application, click the Menu button, select Options, Message Display and Actions, and change the Display Style from Single Messages to Group by Subject.

Calendar

There is an updated Day View, Agenda View, Event Details, Month view, an updated Week view as well as Graphical Context menus (GCM) support.

Contacts

The initial Contacts refresh is now present with contact photos in the list of contacts, a newly presented contact details screen, and support for Graphical Context Menus and recent activity.

Media

Pictures

The enhanced Pictures user interface allows a much faster and easier way to view pictures on the BlackBerry smartphone. The Pictures application now supports pinch-zoom controls, making it easier to zoom in to and out of them. Music

The Music Player is completely redesigned to provide an engaging, visually stimulating, and full featured user interface. Offered in both Portrait and Landscape mode, the music player allows a user to see the full album art and metadata (for example, song title, artist name, album name) for the currently playing song. Users are able to touch and/or highlight the Album Art for the currently playing song to put the carousel “in focus”. This allows a user to slide or scroll (touch or use the trackpad) left and right through the “Now Playing” list to view the previously played or upcoming songs. Users can select any of these songs for immediate playback. The new music player also allows a user to select the artist or album name of the currently playing song, to view the albums by that artist or the album details respectively.Videos

From the Home Screen of the Videos application, users have the ability to launch the Video Camera as well as view a list of all videos on their BlackBerry smartphones. A thumbnail is automatically generated for each video and can also bet set or changed by the user by selecting the Set Video Thumbnail option from the menu when playing a video. The Video Player has a new look and feel with the ability to change the video playback size between Fit Screen, Full Screen and Actual Size (top right corner). The controls appear when the user taps on the screen, and fade away or tap away if the user taps again.

Setup

The updated Setup application is designed to help BlackBerry smartphone users to easily and quickly set up and customize their smartphones.

• Like 1

@mods

@arun

sir plz change the topic name to something suitable

my suggestion

bb 9330 curve os 6 tips and tricks

Edited by cavarun

porting out of blackberry and moving to android

@arun

@mods

please change the topic name to

Blackberry 9330 - upgrading to OS6

or anything suitable

thanx

<< Topic Title Updated On Request >> :)

^^^^^ @ abhishekky

Thanks A ton sirji :) with your guidance I have Successfully Upgraded to OS6 on My newly Purchased BB 9330 from Tushar163 :):signthankspin::signthankspin::signthankspin:

BB9330 is really a cool and lovely latest Blackberry handset :)

+1 for you Mr. Abhishek Kumar :)

Regards

Vikas Mahajan

Edited by vikasmahajanz

OS 6 is really Awsome :) But can anybody please help me out to configure out its browser as its asking me to have wifi connectivity....

Please help me out to configure browser to work with 1x !!!!!

Regards

Vikas Mahajan

OS 6 is really Awsome :) But can anybody please help me out to configure out its browser as its asking me to have wifi connectivity....

Please help me out to configure browser to work with 1x !!!!!

Regards

Vikas Mahajan

mate it can be done only with licensed cdma ws 3.5 and above. so find somebody who has it.

HI any one using OS 6 can tell me where is option do disable delivery reports of SMS

I have bought my new blackberry curve 9330 and i have updated it to os 6 via blackberry desktop software. My bb is of verizon network now unlocked and working on Reliance and i m facing a major problem on my handset is that. I m not able to connect to 1x data service on reliance. when i remove the battery and put it back and switch on the handset the data service works for sometime and later it disconnect itself and no more connection allowed.I m not able to connect the apps via wi-fi even .... apps like sanptu , beejive and not even blackberry apps world. Someone Please help me out of this problem..

OS 6 is very new to all & hell lot of changes than previous OS

So i dont think people can guide u in this regard,

come to me when u have time will try to sort out

thanx for help parin bhai...i will surely come some day.

Thanx Parin Bhai for helping me..I can now connect to 1x data in the browser but still apps are creating a problem..

Guys,

I need a suggestion. I have a Sprint Blackberry Style 9670. I want to register MEID with RCDMA. The Sprint has different SPC then 000000. Is it possible to change it to 000000?

Or Can I register with SPC as it is ?

^^^

You need SPC to configure your mobile, for 9670 look on ebay to buy SPC , or ask your seller

Thanks Hitesh. Yes, SPC is required to program the phone.

But, I want to know for MEID reg with RCDMA does they want SPC as 000000 ?

I have doubt, as per my understanding the first post in this thread has cautioned against changing SPC.

q2: what is the qpst version to be used with bb 9330 and what should be the base model in qpst for bb 9330 (i tried with 215 and 263 but it is reading wrong base model (some 6200 unts) by default)

A- you can use latest version 343 etc, but do not load PRL , Do no make your SPC ZERO, do other things, as making these changes will effect your activation ,( next number change )

thanx again hitesh bhai for your valuable support

They can accept any SPC, 000000 is not require.

you can also change SPC to any 6 numbers, if you know SPC

• Like 1