Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sadikk

CDMA iPhone 4 Is Here!

The year's worst-kept secret is officially history: Verizon is getting the iPhone.

The announcement, which took place at a crowded press conference at New York's Lincoln Center, brings to an abrupt end AT&T's three-and-a-half-year exclusive agreement with Apple. For the first time, iPhone customers will be able to choose between carriers, adding a welcome element of competition that consumer advocates hope will translate into lower prices and - hold your breath - perhaps even better service.

The announcement also sets in motion what's expected to be a hardscrabble competition between the two big carriers as they battle each other for subscribers. Estimates for sales of Verizon iPhone this year range from 5 million to 13 million, some coming from what AT&T would have sold. The iPhone is also a significant chunk of business for AT&T, which activated 11.1 million iPhones in the first nine months of 2010.

For its part, AT&T has been preparing for this day. In recent days, it sharply reduced prices on its older iPhones. At the same time, it has introduced a range of new handheld devices to help compensate for any defections. It also allowed iPhone subscribers to trade up to the newest unit

source :http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20028129-501465.html

AT&T’s strained, outdated network and spotty coverage has long been a sore point for US iPhone users, relief finally coming in for them.

After Launch of Android who will want Iphone..

Also I think it will not be an easy task to make it wrk In India.,..

Finally ... an end to all the rumors ...

There are now much much better handsets available as compared to iphone but Americans are crazy for it, it will sell with a good numbers.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

iphone on cdma is tempting (due to its better hardware build quality) but leaving android now is almost impossible....

Its an excellent best for the consumers in US.. they now have Android, iOS, BB on verizons network.. I can totally see verizon overtaking every other operator in the US in the coming months..

Iphone and android has its own niche. Iphone is iphone. It can have only iphone killers. Iphone can not be killer as its very modest phone. If I phone cdma has same cpu, I doubt if it will give same user experince like gsm due to higher data throughput.

Ordering it for a little fanboy (He plays only games, what else iPhone is smart at ?)

iHate iPhone but will get one to tinker with.

3 feb is da date :)

Edited by KooLK

Iphone will be announced on Sprint and other US Canadian carriers in 3 months.. Its non-exclusive contract between apple and verizon.

Mostly it will hit Indian and Chinese carriers in about 6 months..

Mostly it will hit Indian and Chinese carriers in about 6 months..

i hope Sadikkbhai brings it soon here...

Edited by amit.shah

i hope Sadikkbhai brings it soon here...

Or some rimweb geek will jailbreak it for Reliance/Tata ;)

iPhone has good hardware. but i hate it because you are mercy at apple. apple decides what goes and what not in it. besides, if you jailbreak, then upodate, it will block it.

i hate apple for that. i dont understand why apple is not sued.

on iPhone everything goes through iTunes. so whenever uodate for itune, download 80MB..

<br />Ordering it for a little fanboy (He plays only games, what else iPhone is smart at ?) <br />

<br />

iHate iPhone but will get one to tinker with.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I think android has better games than iphone.

There are still iphone lovers who are ready to pay any amount for it

After Launch of Android who will want Iphone..

Also I think it will not be an easy task to make it wrk In India.,..

good move hetalbhai

post the review as soon as u get it,

Ordering it for a little fanboy (He plays only games, what else iPhone is smart at ?)

iHate iPhone but will get one to tinker with.

now we will see crashing rates fo androids :)

^^^ Why is that so??

I feel, if I should overpay an Android device than an iPhone, I would do so.. (because we devs are mad.. lolz ;) )

But I feel your statement might be partly correct, as the mass is still not aware of Android in India.. And they feel iPhone is a fashion statement..

Fashion, my a$$..

I hope y people is behind Iphone...such a crap device..Apple trying to fool people by making the price of their products double and selling to people and the people buy it just for their status..other than Iphone is waste..

even in US.. not only india.. but all over world.. everyone is running for iPhone.. lets wait n watch..

^^^ Why is that so??

I feel, if I should overpay an Android device than an iPhone, I would do so.. (because we devs are mad.. lolz ;) )

But I feel your statement might be partly correct, as the mass is still not aware of Android in India.. And they feel iPhone is a fashion statement..

Fashion, my a$..

highly hyped hysteria for iPhone. nothing else.

Edited by csmart

atleast iphone's hardware quality is good..

atleast iphone's hardware quality is good..

What to do with the hardware if the OS is not good ?