Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MNP - Which Operator to Choose in Various Cities?

900 Mhz is Best in terms of Coverage Vodafone have that advatnage and Airtel, Idea, RCOM, DoCoMo, Aircel, Uninor all are in 1800 mhz,

But in 3G all 4 Operator will play fair game

hetal ji, just want some more info about this like :

1. what is the difference b/w 900 mhz and 1800 mhz, & which is better for voice ?

2. 3G works on 900 mhz or 1800 mhz ?

3. from where i can get the detail of this frequency of indian operators in each circle i.e. which operators is on which frequency in each circle ?

thank u ...

my post went unnoticed :(

-She likes that98-2GB GPRS packs...Again laughs when i pay199 For 500MB Windows Mobile Plan on My CDMA..

U definately gets good network and Better tariff than vodafone.

TATA INDICOM.

she will also get 2.5GB @Rs94,

Also advantages( i mean disadvanrages) of CDMA technology.

I remembered tata indicom got best network award in mumbai/maharashta network.

So think.

Edited by me_saket

1. what is the difference b/w 900 mhz and 1800 mhz, & which is better for voice ?

2. 3G works on 900 mhz or 1800 mhz ?

1. Both 900mhz and 1800 mhz are used by telecom operators in India.

Benefits of 900 mhz band

• Signal coverage of 2 – 4 times than the 2100MHz band, resulting in a reduced number of base stations required for deployment.
  • It also gives better indoor coverage in urban areas resulting in better quality of service.

2. 3G services are provided in the 2100 mhz band.

Hope this clears your doubts :)

I was also going to suggest, Saket has suggested.

Why not you give a try on TataIndicom? It's good vis-a-vis tariff, network, billing clarity, data availability and also SMS.

rajan bhai ur topic title and your seems to be mis-match....

I see this post to discuss suitable operator in my circle (delhi-ncr) but yaha pata chala ki aap ki shaadi khatre me hai LOL...

but anyway

I am fed up with reliance CDMA as at my place continuous call drops and lesser signal strength has been a major issue (I also complaint several times through all channels but no result)

so next choice might be RGSM (as it is better than RCDMA at my place), but there are also some issues 1. very tough to talk to customer care for complaints as it always says "this route is busy" (this is not the case with RCDMA). 2. although full signal above ground floor but no signal in parking basement, (although i dont spent a lot time in basement, but i am considering this point because jab operator change karna hai to go for the best), further if they are not having signal in my basement they might not be having good signal in underground metro line.

Now if we talk about signla quality the vodafone is the leader (as per my experience, full signal in basement also) but they are hell costlier (3 GB data in postpaid costs 198 per month, and voice plans are also dearer)., so cant go for that.

I am shortlisting Aircel as it has both good network and good data/voice plans and I may got some offer by MNP. aircel is having good (although not full) signal in basement.

I have seen a plan of 499 rental which gives :

1000 minutes including local/std/onnet roaming

2500 sms local/national

Dialer Tune Subscription & Shuffle (although i dont need that)

after free usage all calls including onnet roaming 1p/s

and yes 2 GB GPRS (no rrequirement of 3G as it will be very costly rightnow).

not considering Airtel because it is also not having very good network (like vodafone), but have costly plans.

mtnl/bsnl strictly no no

dont have idea about idea ?

suggestions welcome ....

rajan bhai ur topic title and your seems to be mis-match....

I see this post to discuss suitable operator in my circle (delhi-ncr) but yaha pata chala ki aap ki shaadi khatre me hai LOL...

So, Friends, Lets discuss all our options for Which new operator/s we can consider moving to in various cities in this thread...

Let's keep this thread open for all cities...Post here why thinking of moving to new operator...options...query...info...

Brother, I started with a light post....Vaise bhi sab log thake huve hai apne apne Telecom Operators se... :cursing: To kyu na thoda muskura le.. :D

Delhivalo...Aa jao maidan me apne ideas aur options ke saath.. :support:

As Vodafone in Mumbai, Delhi is ruled by Airtel

Aagye rajan ji delhi wale

In delhi also voda is best in network tarrif is exp in comparison to rcdma. And yes rgsm is the worst u have to search for the signals even at first floor. Rcdma network fluctionb and dropped calls are too much irritating. No such prob in vodafone, airtel network coverage is not gud and tarrif is even more costlier.aircel is ok, mts doing well gud tariff, gud signal.

And I don't think there is a need to say 'no to dolphin'

^

totally agree with pulkit

Friends please suggest any GSM network for Mumbai (Prepaid) with my following requirement.

1)Call Charges 1Paise/per second plan.

2)GPRS Pack - Around 500 mb per month.

3)SMS Pack - Around 500-600 per month.

4)GOOD COVERAGE. :Riendo:

Ok, i bought my first cell phone in year 1997, it was AirTel. in 2004 i bought Tata Indicom (CDMA) and since then i have been using both. I am an event manager and travel a lot through out the country. I have had Essar/Hutch/Vodafone and MTNL etc. also from time to time just to try these networks and in my experience (and to surprise of lot many here), my experience has been best with "Tata Indicom CDMA" period!

All operators/networks have problems and signal issues, at some places 1 network works fine and at another place the "other network" fairs better. in our country atleast till now the competition has been only based on tarrif and not on quality of network. with MNP kicking in, this side of competition will be in more focus now. So the true measurement of which network is "better" should only be done after a few months of MNP being fully functional :-)

But yes, as of now in Delhi, Tata Indicom | Vodafone | Airtel -> all are fine.

just my 2 cents :-)

Jasmeet

:previous:

Absolutely Right......

TataIndicom rocks in network signals and tariff in Delhi and NCR.

In GSM network, Vodafone is the leader.

I have used all the networks, I am on indicom since 2006 and fully satisfied by its service. For GSM voice vodafone is good and for 3G data MTNL is good. I have used the 3G data service on MTNL since it was launched and its realy good on the go in Delhi and NCR.

Is anyone using Idea in mumbai? how is its network in local trains!

m planning to opt for idea.

Edited by Honest
<< Post Merged >>

I have never had any problems with Reliance network anywhere in delhi for the last 7 years that I have been with Reliance. Now I need to change/ have another number because my new work place has very poor signals for both the CDMA networks. Airtel is better in that area than vodafone.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I have been using Idea for the past one year. Network is good all over Mumbai. I travel on the central line, and Idea network is good all over except in some patches between Ghatkopar and Kurla. I face call drops only in this patch, otherwise, call quality is very good elsewhere. But I plan to give up Idea because I work in a south Mumbai office and network quality is poor inside my office. Despite several complaints, there has been no improvement. All other networks, Voda, Airtel, Loop are perfect in my office.

under 900mhz one mobile tower is capable for 1 km but under 1800mhz they need to put 2 towers.

thank u ...

I suppose many would be opting to switch from R CDMA to R GSM as the handset choice is really poor in CDMA. :'(

Since CDMA is a higher technology, I am wondering what is the downside to this switching? :confuse:

I am from Mumbai circle where CDMa connectivity is better than GSM networks.

:help: What do experts suggest? :help:

Thanks in advance.

I suppose many would be opting to switch from R CDMA to R GSM as the handset choice is really poor in CDMA. :'(

Thanks in advance.

Ur wrong People will move from RCDMA to Best GSM network and not the third class RGSM.

If u getting benifted by shiftig to GSM then ok, otherwise CDMA

well said saket

I have been using Idea for the past one year. Network is good all over Mumbai. I travel on the central line, and Idea network is good all over except in some patches between Ghatkopar and Kurla. I face call drops only in this patch, otherwise, call quality is very good elsewhere. But I plan to give up Idea because I work in a south Mumbai office and network quality is poor inside my office. Despite several complaints, there has been no improvement. All other networks, Voda, Airtel, Loop are perfect in my office.

Thanks for the info,will probably opt for idea in near future!

Swadeshi apnao Desh bachao :P

Edited by ashish_1985

MTNL Mumbai Offers For MNP Customers Who Port In

MTNL Mumbai MNP Web Page http://mumbai.mtnl.n.../offer_mnp.html

Prepaid Offer

MNP Porting charges- Nil (Rs 19 Waived Off)

Pay only Rs.10 and get Free 3G SIM with lots of benefits.

Free Talk time of Rs.91

Per Second Plan { MTNL network - 1p/2 sec & Other Local & STD - 1p/sec} , Lifetime validity , Mobile internet at 1p/10KB

Free 100 Min Voice call on Local MTNL, for 30 days

Free 100 min video calls on Local MTNL, for 30 days

Free 200 MB Data download, for 30 days.

Free 10000 SMS on Local MTNL, for 30 days

Postpaid Offer

MNP Porting charges - Nil (Rs 19 Waived Off)

Activation charges - Nil

Free 3G activation.

25% discount on rental for any plan for first 3 months.

Free 100 min video calls on Local MTNL, for 1 month

50 MB/Month data usage free for first 4 months.

500 Local/National SMS free, for 1 month

Local/STD/ISD Security Deposit Payable as applicable

Mtnl mumbai network is the worst one no one will opt for it.

@kapil

the mnp page of mts says..

Customer will get benefits on RC 109 each month one time for next 12 months..

in case u know can u clarify that "one time recharge with 109 will give the benefits for 12 months?