Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ni0987

PPC 6700 1X/EVDO Capabilities

Hello Friends,

I guess I have a similar problem with my PPC 6700 as the one posted by pankajthere for his blackberry.

(I have developed a deep suspicion!)

I have a PPC 6700 which was earlier locked to Reliance.

It has a RUIM slot fixed by some hardware hacker and set to 'RUIM Only' setting.

I am using it for my MTS connection and use this PPC as modem for connecting to internet.

Everywhere else I check for specs of PPC 6700, they all say its EVDO Rev.0 but my PPC 6700 never shows EVDO signals for my MTS connection.

This MTS RUIM was given to me by a friend who assured me that my connection is EVDO enabled

and later MTS Customer care confirmed that my connection has EVDO enabled for it.

But my PPC 6700 always connects to internet with 1x.

I have attached screen-shots of my PPC's ##778 menu/settings which might give you some help in understanding the cause of problem.

note that the EPST (##778) main menu has 'CDMA Settings' & 'Modem Settings' items but nothing for EVDO/HDR/HSD.

I have tried changing Modem Setting's Preferred Mode to 'HDR_Only' but in this mode it didn't even connect to MTS network.

It connects to the network only in Automatic/CDMA_Only modes.

I doubt reliance pruned its EVDO capabilities.

Is it possible for my PPC 6700 to get EVDO capabilities?

Please explain me how.

Let me know if any further information is required about this particular phone.

Thank you all,

post-72780-0-37841500-1295194356_thumb.p

post-72780-0-03039900-1295194444_thumb.p

post-72780-0-31370900-1295194459_thumb.p

post-72780-0-29633500-1295194477_thumb.p

post-72780-0-62121700-1295194489_thumb.p

Ppc 6700 is evdo capable but it do not support evdo on OMH. Ruim. OMH has split prl. Means first if handset get authenticated on 1X, evdo prl become accessible to phone. Means ruim has 2 PRL. All non OMH devices supports only first 1x PRL. So it always remain connected to 1x only.

• Like 1

Beautiful enlightenment on the subject. This is something new for newbies.

Ppc 6700 is evdo capable but it do not support evdo on OMH. Ruim. OMH has split prl. Means first if handset get authenticated on 1X, evdo prl become accessible to phone. Means ruim has 2 PRL. All non OMH devices supports only first 1x PRL. So it always remain connected to 1x only.

Thank you for clarifying the things here. :hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

So, I HAVE to buy an EVDO OMH handset.

7 Hazaar ka fatka!

hey Experts...

same is also here in Bangladesh. i have PPC 6800 model but my problem is bit different...i can not use OMH R-UIM in my HTC PPC 6800...& my operator only offer EvDO on OMH R-UIM. my question is...is their any way i can read OMH R-UIM in my PPC 6800...is their any twek is available to...pease let me...know...

CHEERS

Quazi