Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Dual Sim Motorola Milestone XT 800

Any new rom available by now? So far its going great but lust for gb continues.

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

:previous:

its a vintage model now, replace it :)

I m quite happy with it as I am able to install all my required apps, games. And its the only phone of its kind where cdma and gsm are supported. I m not going to replace it anytime soon.

Yes , I am using this phone. At first I used MTS for data pack then switched to Tata DOCOMO CDMA. I got a recharge of Rs. 48/- for 1.5 gb 21 days' data pack. for a day surprisingly saw that data usage is being charged by the operator. On contacting cus care got to know that my data connection came through MTS network that's why it is charge. The 1X data connection icon disappeared soon and the data access is not available by making different type of attaempts like changing settings, removing other network settings ets. Visited their true value shop, Durgapur. From their creen it was seen that the data is showing on MTS. They also failed to restore data connection. The set is showing MTS and BSNL on the fore screen though SIM is Tata CDMA and BSNL. Is there any solution from any Body? Can anyone help me out? Is there any way to upgrade android version?

It's not the the only of kind with cdma n gsm. You have options in samsung Htc spice gfive with cdma gsm

Sent from my iPhone

Does this phone support call recording out of box?

It's not the the only of kind with cdma n gsm. You have options in samsung Htc spice gfive with cdma gsm

the only CDMA+GSM androids that I have seen in the market are teh Motorola XT800 and the Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos. don't think spice and gfive have any android models.

anyway, while I think that the XT800 is a good phone, the unfortunate thing is that Motorola India has stopped supporting the model and are not going to be providing any OS updates beyond the v2.1 that comes with the phone. Chinese XT800 are the only one's that have a v2.2 available so far, and even that is not likely to reach 2.3! a lot of chinese folks have managed to load cyanogen and Ho No rom's on the XT800, but since this information is not available on the net in English it's been tough to replicate it here. I've been using the 2.2 chinese rom (it has an english option) for several months now and I'm quite happy with it.

all in all, if you really are planning to buy a CDMA+GSM android, Samsung is a better choice - the company is less likely to discontinue support.

yes spice gfive dont have dual android . htc ,samsung has

Does this phone support call recording out of box?

yes it does.

I m quite happy with it as I am able to install all my required apps, games. And its the only phone of its kind where cdma and gsm are supported. I m not going to replace it anytime soon.

inbuilt storage for apps is an issue. and it lags at times. i did not sell mine thou am using droid razr now.

Wanna sell for cheap? :-)

Wanna sell for cheap? :-)

i went to gafar a couple of months back, best offer i got was 4k, i had purchased it for 17k a year back from letsbuy and being dual sim i started using it for my other gsm connection. Made some calculations and found that i would have to shell more to get a new handset for my gsm connection. so dropped the idea to sell it :)

Hi. Can u get me new for 4k. Will use as secondary mobile

Sent from my iPhone

Hi. Can u get me new for 4k. Will use as secondary mobile

Sent from my iPhone

u will get a 2nd hand at this price since new is @8900 or so.

I want to purchase this handset motorola milestone XT800.

My worry is battery backup Li-Polymer 1390 mah. I think it will be on par or better than standard Li-ion 150mah batteries.

Even HTC desire with almost similiar specs but without edge is coming for Rs.20000 and more

I request advice should I go for milestone or wait for any better options.My budget is around 10k

My worry is battery backup Li-Polymer 1390 mah. I think it will be on par or better than standard Li-ion 150mah batteries.

Even HTC desire with almost similiar specs but without edge is coming for Rs.20000 and more

I request advice should I go for milestone or wait for any better options.My budget is around 10k

u should look at the Samsung Galaxy Ace duos instead of the Motorola - http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-Samsung-Galaxy-Ace-Duos/P-E-M-Samsung-S6802-Galaxy-Ace-Duos.html?id=Black.

inbuilt storage for apps is an issue. and it lags at times. i did not sell mine thou am using droid razr now.

u can install the chinese 2.2 version, that one allows you to install apps on teh sd card, making it practically unlimited.

even after a year , the battery lasts 1 day with normal usage and you can carry a spare battery if need be, thou no point going for a vintage 500MHz processor even thou you can over clock it to 1GHz ( stable @ 800MHz).

since its a year old model in india and 2 years globally, no point wasting money on android 2.1 when you know moto is not going to offer any upgrades.

Otherwise the build quality is awesome and at 3.7" its stands out. If you go through this thread, I have mentioned everything about this phone - how to root, overclock etc etc.

u should look at the Samsung Galaxy Ace duos instead of the Motorola - http://www.infibeam.....html?id=Black.

Samsung Ace duos is GSM+GSM not CDMA+CDMA

u can install the chinese 2.2 version, that one allows you to install apps on teh sd card, making it practically unlimited.

I am using link2sd from the beginning, never run out of space. I dont see any lag in performance also, may be because I m using class 6 card. I have numerous games installed atleast 6 big games more than 25 MB each, sygic is also installed with 600 MB of maps. So many other apps and still 90MB of data available. I dont think I can get CDMA with EVDO and GSM with EDGE in this price. I am using best of both worlds. I am so content with this phone that I dont know why should I change my phone.

I am using link2sd from the beginning, never run out of space. I dont see any lag in performance also, may be because I m using class 6 card. I have numerous games installed atleast 6 big games more than 25 MB each, sygic is also installed with 600 MB of maps. So many other apps and still 90MB of data available. I dont think I can get CDMA with EVDO and GSM with EDGE in this price. I am using best of both worlds. I am so content with this phone that I dont know why should I change my phone.

are u on 2.1 or 2.2 ?

Where did you install applications internal memory or SD card?

How much is internal memory?

for how long are you using this phone?

Pls reply

thanks

hello can u pl elaborate in detail how can one use link2sd with stock 2.1?

should be great if easily possible as finding necessary files in english really seems to be an issue.

if possile pl give links for necessities.

thanking you in advance

I am on 2.1, would like to know how I can move to 2.2.

The phone is rooted and hence allowing to use link2sd. Also overclocking to 1GHz.

Most of the applications are on sd card using link2sd. Also moved many system apps to sd.

For all practicle browsing purposes I m using Idea edge, when need to talk on Viber, then only I switch to reliance evdo. The performance is just amazing

More than happy with this phone since january 12. The only problem is battery - lasts for a day - I think this is generic to most of the androids. Ordered an extra battery from amazon for 3$.

Let me know if I can be of any help

i remember trying my best to make partitions in class 4 16gb card but i could never succeed. I even posted that in this thread.

Your class 6 card holds the key.