Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Dual Sim Motorola Milestone XT 800

well i just bought this phone yesterday and i must say its one of its kind in india for dual sim cdma plus gsm and both have data facility and the phone is damn cheap for the services it provides. only battery last for day in heavy use, that can be recharged. well got for it guys instead of buying expensive non warranty imported phones.

:previous:

Pls provide review

mainly battery back up.

Mention in detail your usage description and backup you get

For how much

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I've been checking all this time, but now I just can't find that site again :-(. As far as I remember, I had seen it on Sulekha.com about 10-15 days ago, but now the price has gone up again. The lowest that I see now is on Infibeam Rs.9489.

I'm still looking, so if I find it again, I'll post it here.

Here on Ebay Rs 9400 http://www.ebay.in/itm/251170120416

Green dust. Price high there. Local here for 9000. Greendust should give in less.

Sent from my iPhone

well cheapest you can get is here http://www.yebhi.com/111847/PD/Motorola-Mobile-Phones-XT800-Black-licorice.htm , but i bought it locally in hyd from distributor for 9,300 as i didnt have patients to wait for 5 days. well i will give a complete review after using it for some days.

after using this phone for almost five days here is my review for the same.

well this is phone is far superior then Samsung galaxy ace in many ways, this is the best cdma plus gsm available in country in this price range of Rs.9,000

pros

1. dual sim(cdma+gsm) with data on both
  2. android phone
  3. 5 mega pixel camera with flash
  4. screen resolution and pixel density
  5. auto brightness as per surroundings
  6. Google maps and voice navigation with gps
  7. email and document editor etc

cons

1. the BATTERY
  2. and the battery

well if we could find a solution or a alternative for the same, it would awesome.

also most of the time i am unable to get internet through WiFi, even it is successfully connected, i tried many times and it comes once in 10 times.

all other devices connect easily with one touch but this doesn't connect to net.

in all i am very happy with this phone.

I never faced any issues while using wifi.

I too dont have any problems with wifi. This is also through wifi.

Agree that there are no alternative to this and that is worrying me. What would I do if I want to change this phone? What would I do if I loose this phone? :)

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

then what would the problem be as i have reset the wifi many times but not getting internet through it , also any alternate battery for this device with higher Mah or any software to tackle the battery issue.

^ for the battery issue, keep backup power pack handy.. :P

OT : thats what am doing with my Pantech Burst :doh:

Does anybody know how to factory rest the phone ( Complete procedure) ?. Rooting and overclocking has ruined my phone . It keeps on hanging every now and then. Any suggestions..??

My phone is rooted and overclocked to 1 Gz. For a yr now. No problem whatsoever. <br /><br />Do you face problem of slow home page? Then there is a solution. <br /><br />Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I too faced a lot of problems after overclocking. You can factory reset by selecting "settings-privacy-factory data reset."

Yes I too faced a lot of problems after overclocking. You can factory reset by selecting "settings-privacy-factory data reset."

Tried doing that..as soon as you do that ..it restarts and a black screen appears and then it asks to connect USB cord ..but nothing happens after that. Any idea what am i missing..??

Tried doing that..as soon as you do that ..it restarts and a black screen appears and then it asks to connect USB cord ..but nothing happens after that. Any idea what am i missing..??

Uninstall "milestone overclock" app and then try or remove memory card and restart. probably it may work.

twice i faced issues with this phone when it went into a loop mode. it happened while using cracked sygic. I googled and googled but found no way to hard refresh this handset. Had to take it to moto service center and those guys ran a software fix.

overclocking does not cause any issues. It might be a faulty app which is causing this. anyways 2.1 is extinct now. its time to move on if your into apps n gaming coz this handset cannot handle the games. If you wanna use it for calls and such, its an awesome phone with call recorder and 3 way conference works like a charm.

after using this phone for almost five days here is my review for the same.

well this is phone is far superior then Samsung galaxy ace in many ways, this is the best cdma plus gsm available in country in this price range of Rs.9,000

pros

• dual sim(cdma+gsm) with data on both
  • android phone
  • 5 mega pixel camera with flash
  • screen resolution and pixel density
  • auto brightness as per surroundings
  • Google maps and voice navigation with gps
  • email and document editor etc
cons
  • the BATTERY
  • and the battery
well if we could find a solution or a alternative for the same, it would awesome.

also most of the time i am unable to get internet through WiFi, even it is successfully connected, i tried many times and it comes once in 10 times.

all other devices connect easily with one touch but this doesn't connect to net.

in all i am very happy with this phone.

after using phone for four months i am very satisfied with money invested on it, the gps and maps r excellent have used extensivly, now for battery issue u can do internet through gsm edge which consumes less power then 3g evdo. so with long talks it comes 20 hours and with normal usage 36 hours.

Finally upgraded to Froyo.

After using this phone for a year and a half now, I felt sever desire to upgrade it. Searched a lot for 2.3 ROM, found three but I was not confident enough on their stability. But during that search I found 2.2 ROM. Finally upgraded it 2.2, root it and also able to use link2sd. Few apps like Wunderlist and Line they were not compatible with 2.1 are now compatible with my phone.

All in all a good experience with this phone.

Edited by MOBILE FAN
  • Like 1

Dear Mobile Fan, Could you please send me the procedure and links to update to 2.2 as I have been waiting for a long time and I am in dire need of the same. My mail id is nellorian@hotmail.com

Babulu

Finally upgraded to Froyo.

After using this phone for a year and a half now, I felt sever desire to upgrade it. Searched a lot for 2.3 ROM, found three but I was not confident enough on their stability. But during that search I found 2.2 ROM. Finally upgraded it 2.2, root it and also able to use link2sd. Few apps like Wunderlist and Line they were not compatible with 2.1 are now compatible with my phone.

All in all a good experience with this phone.

congrats, better late than never :)

do post the method and links here for the benefit of everyone

• Like 1

Did you use the chinese ROM available on the Internet? or is there an official ROM available for India?

I've tried the Chinese ROM and had more troubles than the 2.1 Indian ROM :-(. The phone no longer recognized caller ID or network ID's properly - had to manually configure INternet settings, not to mention that the phone became extremely unstable and would hang frequently. I eventually went back to the India 2.1 ROM. I still have the Chinese 2.2 ROM if anyone wants it.

The rom that i m using is official version for china telecom.

It is in chinese at the setup but from langiage setting, can be converted to English. This is stable and now i m using for last 15 days.

It does not have a problem of caller id. However, instead of the name of the network provider it displays the number. Which i dont think has anything to do with performance or usability.

The major problem is - now it doesnt go to EDGE, it remains on GPRS. However, EVDO works petfactly alright. Also, Milestone Overclock doesnt work with 2.2 so cant overclock now. I tried using some other app but that messed up the speed. Need to rollback.

The major advantage is, more apps are now compatible with it. And i m enjoying it.

Let me know if more info is required.

• Like 1

@nellorian, i would definitely send u the process. However the rom ismore than 100 mb and its extremely difficult to download without any understanding of chinese language. I would upload the file somewhere. Give me some time. Currently busy on a project, will mail you in a week's time

• Like 2

Thank you Sir

Regards

Babulu