Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Dual Sim Motorola Milestone XT 800

http://androidos.in/...xt800-in-india/

XT880 is priced31,999!

Who will buy it?! :P

considering its a 2G handset with CDMA support! CDMA has no good data plan on mobile! :Equivocado:

I couldn't quite understand your statement 'CDMA has no good data plan on mobile!'

http://www.tataphoton.com/tata-photon-on-mobile.aspx

Can any 3G plan (except for promotional BSNL tariff) in India can match the above tariff?

May be at the moment RCOM & MTS do not have such tariffs for OMH RUIMs, but they've to fall in line sooner than later.

http://www.tataindicom.com/tatazone-internet-pack.aspx

Considering the user experience difference between 1x and EDGE, I feel the above tariff for 1x data on mobile is also quite competitive.

:previous:

No Kesav Ji... All these TataIndicom guys are liars... I once activated Rs43--1GB TataZoneInternet pack and used for a month... But my data was charged as 40p/min and got bill for Rs3600/- The reason they gave was that "IT WAS A TATA-ZONE PACK" and to get internet on mobile based on volume I have to use HSIA Rs300---1GB pack, even though I was using 1x only.. But still as I have NO options and Android was too tempting, I activated that pack last month... Guess what happened???? I was still charged @ 40p/min and this time I got bill for Rs3200/- I have raised a complaint and they as usual they closed it without giving resolution.. Now I have mailed AnilSardhana, their MD and waiting for the results..

SO IT IS NOT AT ALL WRONG TO SAY "DATA USAGE IN MOBILE USING CDMA IS A COSTLY AFFAIR"... Further MTS and RCdma has started EV-DO in my home town and I got infos that I can get EV-DO in epic by both operators (NOT SO IN TataCDMA, even in their EV-DO covered cities).. I am thinking of changing my operator via MNP...

frankly speaking these CDMA players have no transparency in their EVDO/1X on mobile offerings. It varies from circle to circle, shop to shop and one CCE to another CCE! crying.gif

They restrict users from teethering! Even you can not use your RUIM on data card :Decepcionado:

MTS CC in Kolkata says they do not offer 'GPRS' - instead they forced me to go for MTS smartphones made by ZTE/Micromax/Fly on which you can get 'GPRS' - what the hell!

CDMA players have to go a lot to introduce GSM-like offerings on data segment!

..... Now I have mailed AnilSardhana, their MD and waiting for the results........

@Kanaga, sorry to say that you may not get reply due to following news.....

Tata rejigs top mgmt at group companies

n a major top level reshuffle at the Tata group, Anil Sardana, the current Managing Director of Tata Teleservices, will step down to take over as the MD of Tata Power. The appointment is with effect from February 1. Sardana will replace Prasad Menon who will retire on January 31.

N Srinath, who has been the MD and CEO of yet another group company, Tata Communications, will take over as the MD of both TTSL and TTML. Vinod Kumar who is a director on the board of Tata Communications and manages the global data business unit, will replace N Srinath, with effect from February 1.

With the rejig, Sardana will move back to the power sector where he has worked for over thirty years. Sardana, who had been serving as the MD of Tata Teleservices for over three years and in Tata Teleservices Maharashtra (TTML) for the last six months, is known across the telecom circles for triggering a tariff war in the telecom sector with the launch of Tata Docomo’s one-paisa-per-second tariff.

Sardana, 53, holds an electrical engineering degree and started his career with National Thermal Power Corporation. He was with Tata Power and headed its distribution business as the CEO before he joined TTSL.

Srinath will now head the telecom operations of the group, at a time when the industry is facing challenges of reduced margins and subscriber churn. The company has recently launched its 3G services. He had been at the helm of affairs at Tata Communciations since 2007, then called VSNL.

Srinath had seen the company transform from a monopoly, public sector undertaking into a global communications services provider.

The company now has a submarine cable network, an IP network connecting more than 200 countries, and nearly one million square feet of data centre space worldwide. The company which is majorly into enterprise business and offers advanced network and cloud services solutions to customers worldwide.

“It has been the most exciting and challenging period of my life; I am happy that today Tata Communications has built the assets, capabilities and reputation to be regarded as a global challenger,” said Srinath.

Ground set for Tata Tele, Tata Comm merger

In spite of taking over a bigger responsibility, Srinath will continue to be a non-executive director on the board of Tata Communications and some of its subsidiaries and associate companies like Neotel, the company said in a press release.

Sources said this could be the first step towards the merger of Tata Teleservices and Tata Communications. Tata Comm, with its network capabilities and international long distance (ILD) licence, will provide support to TTSL’s business. Tata Teleservices, which offers GSM and CDMA services under the brand names Tata Docomo and Tata Indicom has around 75 million subscribers on its network.

“Tata Comm works only in the international domain and Tata Teleservices works exclusively in the national domain. If both companies were to get together, the combined entity can offer end-to-end services across the telecom domain,” said a source close to the development.

source :: http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/tata-rejigs-top-mgmt-at-group-companies/421763/

May be we can get charged in units of mW-Hr instead of KW-Hr in TATA power. :GirandoOjos: :GirandoOjos:

Two words will suite the 32K price tag - Rip Off :angry:

^^^ The website is behaving strangely in my FF browser.. If I click on any link, it comes back to the homepage only...

Is anyone having these issues?? Or my FF is gone mad??

^^^ The website is behaving strangely in my FF browser.. If I click on any link, it comes back to the homepage only...

Is anyone having these issues?? Or my FF is gone mad??

That happens for me also many times - clicking links brings you happily to the homepage.

Plus logout from myservices and login with different login & password and you're logged in as the previous user ! You have to close browser after logout and then try. Or run ie/chrome for 2nd login.

Now the phone is seen in Reliance website.

http://www.rcom.co.i...andset/cdma.jsp (page 4)

What we are discussing here is the Motorola Glam and what is displayed on pg4 of RCOMs website is Motorola Milestone.

So are they both the same handset? No they look different.

So Motorola has 2 dual mode, dual standby Android CDMA & GSM handsets?????

Wowieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jaldi bulao isko koi......

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Edited by Genius

What we are discussing here is the Motorola Glam and what is displayed on pg4 of RCOMs website is Motorola Milestone.

So are they both the same handset? No they look different.

Even I want to know if Glam and Milestone are the same thing ? Google search seems to confirm that Glam & Milestone are same. But can some guru confirm ?

Would this be better than Samsung Fascinate ?

..... Now I have mailed AnilSardhana, their MD and waiting for the results........

@Kanaga, sorry to say that you may not get reply due to following news.....

Oh... I forgot to tell the remaining story... I got reply on next day, but from another mail address saying MD-Desk and they waived off the excessively charged Rs2500/- one week back...

i think handset on RCom website is the same xt800 phone launched earlier

Motorola Glam and Motorola XT800 are the same.

It's dual mode(GSM 2G/CDMA 2G) dual standby CDMA-3G(EVDO) handset.

Dear Admins,

Kindly bring the name of the phone into the topic header

its available with airtym communications company based at gurgaon mrp 31999 but i got in touch with one of their sales executive(delhi ncr region) he said it he can provide it for 29k if somebody needs to buy it i can provide his contact no.

going by the features i think it's still expensive at 29K

thats why i have also avoided it but in some case where people looking for CDMA Handset with warranty and Sim Slot i thought it would be a relief by sharing the info also i had word with that executive about XT800+ he said it will be available soon in india probably in Q2

the basic cost of 30k bucks is putting a stop to all the fun we cud hv with this set.....dont understand why this set is marketed at such costly price and tht too by a company of the stature of motorola which has a very less penetration here in indian markets....

In what should serve as a lesson for companies looking to clear old stock at a premium in India, low sales figures have prompted Motorola to drop the price of India’s first dual-sim Android phone, the Glam XT800, to Rs. 23,990.

u can get it for 16999 now

check this , thanks to rajan mehta

Hi ALL,

If any body purchase Motorola milestone xt800 and received the same please post the details here

Note:- they are not receiving the calls on their Customer Care number +91-11-40808888

Also I have seen many bad remarks about Letsbuy.com on the below mentioned URL

http://www.india-complaints.com/Company/letsbuy-com

so please have a look on it before buying anything from letsbuy.com.

Cash OnDelevery option is SAFE or not to Buy this Motorola Milestone XT800?

Regards,

Vista.

Hi ALL,

If any body purchase Motorola milestone xt800 and received the same please post the details here

Note:- they are not receiving the calls on their Customer Care number +91-11-40808888

Also I have seen many bad remarks about Letsbuy.com on the below mentioned URL

http://www.india-complaints.com/Company/letsbuy-com

so please have a look on it before buying anything from letsbuy.com.

Cash OnDelevery option is SAFE or not to Buy this Motorola Milestone XT800?

Regards,

Vista.

i got the phone in 4 days flat.

Beauty was that i recvd it by blue dart at abt 10am and then got a sms an hr later from letsbuy stating ur phone has been dispatched today.

Edited by nitink

Any idea where to buy it from in China ?