Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Dual Sim Motorola Milestone XT 800

It is not a 3g phone, only runs GSM 2G i.e edge for internet.

Supposedly runs EVDO on cdma but i am yet to experience that. Only get 1X connection.

I have a reliance postpaid DAPO connection and have run pillar to post to enable EVDO but no one in Reliance customer care or Web world or Airtyme know how to do that. Customer care says enable the plans from RWorld but this phone does not hv R world. I am just moving in circles as far as EVDO is concerned.

Voice quality is awesome and the phone looks great. At 3.7", its a beast with good looks to carry. Music and all play very well. Sound clarity is amazing. Love the torch applications and other android market apps makes this phone a killer. GPS and all work very well. Camera @ 5mp is cool too.

I am in touch with their official distributors (airtyme) and pestering them to help me run evdo on this handset. I dont hope much but there is no harm in dreaming :D

signing off

nitin

Reliance by default keeps EVDO disabled (Even for OMH Sim). You need to get it enabled from the backend on your number.

Why care for Rworld Data Plans? Very costly because of Network Usage Charges of 5paise/10KB in addition to plan cost...

You can ask CC to activate one of this plans from here... (This can be done without Rworld) http://www.rcom.co.i...rnet_phone.html

And then continue the chase with Reliance for activating EVDO from the backend... (Official Distributor can't do anything about that)

I called CC and they ask me to get help from the shop i bought this ? I said that this handset is on ur website and the dealer directs me to u , she said she still can help me and only the shop from where i bought the handset can help in activating it ?

I really lost it them. I asked her to pass the line to her superior but that too was negative as she said all the superiors are not available now and to call after half and hr.

I am just moving in circles here :(

spoke again to CC and this time the executive was well versed and helpful. She took my request for EVDO activation and also gave me the request number. She said it takes 5 days for EVDO to be activated but will try to get mine on priority. At least now I made some headway !!!

not even 24 hrs since i requested for EVDO, igot a call from Mumbai and the lady informed me that EVDO has been activated.

She asked me to switch off my cell and start it again. Now who says Reliance is inefficient :P:

used speedtest.net on my android and now it shows 1.24 Mbps download and 0.39Mbps as upload speed.

earlier i was getting 0.04Mbps upload & 0.06 Mbps as download speed

Something is better than nothing :)

:previous:

Congrats brother...

ty, now browsing has become a pleasure :)

Friends check this, new release from Motorola !!!

Motorola XT882 – Dual SIM Android Smartphone

Motorola MOTO XT882 Specifications and Features

Camera & Display

Camera – 8.0 Mega Pixels, Resolution 3264×2448 Pixels, Geo tagging, Video, Auto focus, VGA Secondary Camera, Dual LED flash

Screen Display – 4.0 inches, Resolution 540×960 Pixels

Color – TFT Capacitive Touch Screen with 16M Colors

Special Features

Accelerometer sensor for User Interface auto-rotate

Adobe Flash 10.2 support

Proximity sensor for auto turn-off

Digital Compass

Quickoffice document editor

Multi-touch input method

Photo viewer/editor

Touch Senstive Controls

MOTOBLUR UI

HDMI Port

Organizer

Audio, Video Recorder & Playback

MP3, MP4 Player

MP3, WAV Ring tones, Vibration

3.5mm Headphone Jack

Downloadable Games

Speaker Phone

Voice memo

Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, G-Talk

Message Support

SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email

Instant Messaging

Predictive text input

Connectivity

Connectivity Options – Bluetooth v2.1, Micro USB v2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS

Data Modes – 3G, GPRS 32 – 48 Kbps, HTML Internet Browsing

Memory

Internal Memory – 512 MB RAM, 8GB storage

Expandable Memory- 32GB Micro/SD Card slot

Phone Book – Unlimited Contacts with Photo call

Call Records – Unlimited

Battery Power

1880 Li-Ion Standard Battery

Battery Life – N/A

Battery Talk Time – N/A

Mobile Size and Looks

Size – N/A

Weight – N/A

Body Colors – Black

http://sparklingspur.com/motorola-xt882-dual-sim-android-smartphone-price-specification/

http://www.dualsimmobilesindia.com/2011/06/motorola-moto-xt882-android-price-india.html

post-6204-0-58946400-1310555362_thumb.jp

The Xt883 would be a much better bet as it will be CDMA and GSM and the best part is it will support 3G as well as EVDO. Atlest we wont need to carry different phones for places where we face diff with evdo coverage or 3g coverage for a matter of fact.

Another Motorola DUAL SIM Android Coming.. Sorprendido.gif To be released in August in China and available later in rest of the countries..

Motorola has announced a new android, Motorola XT531..

Motorola Press Release >> http://mediacenter.m...XT531-3779.aspx

Motorola-XT531-Fire-Spice-XT-Android-Gingerbread-2.jpg

Key Features and Specifications:

• Runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
  • Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE
  • 3.5" HVGA display with capacitive multi-touch
  • 5MP camera with auto-focus and built in flash
  • Front-facing VGA camera for video call, chat and sharing
  • Moto Switch UI allows users to shift to different modes
  • 800MHz chipset
  • 512MB onboard memory
  • MicroSD card slot expandable up to 32GB
  • Access to Google Apps (Mapping, Voice Turn-by-Turn Directions, 360 Mapping, Google Talkâ„¢, Browsing)
  • FM Radio with RDS support
  • Wi-Fi b/g/n
  • E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
  • GPS.aGPS
  • LED notifications
  • 3.5mm Audio Jack
  • 1540mAh battery, up to 8 hours of talk time and 28 days in standby in 3G mode

But motorola xt 800 does not support GSM 3G. I have been using the same. When I contacted the C.C. they also said that it would not support 3G. If any body knows to activate 3G please inform, it will be useful not only me and other members also.

Regards

Babulu

Check the specs weather it supports 2100mhz bands

If not 3g will not work in India

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Finally rooted this device with http://www.addictive...al-androot-app/

cud not hv been easier. Now lets me root / unroot in one click :)

now next task is to overclock it

Edited by nitink

But motorola xt 800 does not support GSM 3G. I have been using the same. When I contacted the C.C. they also said that it would not support 3G. If any body knows to activate 3G please inform, it will be useful not only me and other members also.

Regards

Babulu

it runs 3g evdo with cdma ,read my reaview a few posts back

today seen add saying

this handset available with MTS.

today seen add saying

this handset available with MTS.

its box ready for any of the 3 cdma providers - MTS/TATA or RELIANCE + 1 GSM

people keep asking me questions abt moto milestone xt 800 phone / also known as moto glam via pm so i thot its better i pen the answers here for others to benefit

i posted review here

screen is awesome, u can make the phone brighter with 2 clicks on home screen while in sun.

battery is good, lasts 1 day with heavy usage

get awesome speed with evdo

camera is 5mp and quality of pic is excellent

am yet to try it as wifi hotspot.

processor tends to be slow at times when u fill it up with apps. maybe i hv a faulty app coz i download the cracked ones.

i rooted it with1 click

u can root and unroot but am yet to succeed in partioning the memory card since without that i cannot install the apps on memory card. seems moto has some user permissions which dont let the partition happen.

xda guys posted a fix for moto xt720 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10866898&postcount=8

maybe that will make it work on our handset.

but all this u will need when u fill in ur phone memory with apps like i did. now since i cannot make this to work, i keep deleting old apps/ things so that i can try new stuff. rooting gives u access of many useless files which u can delete to make space. Always better to take a backup incase u wanna resort to the factory settings. Unrooting with one click will leave no trace as a result ur warranty is back.

otherwise the phone is decent and 3.7" screen is quite nice to my liking, evdo will show as 3g icon on screen and if u run any gsm, it will run as 2x ( edge)

kab aayega yaar MOTOROLA XT882. I love this phone. Bahut intjaar hai is phone ka.

The dual-personality droid by Motorola will be available in China only for around $830.

if xt800 is curretly priced at 19k, this will be @ 35k or more knowing how moto priced xt800 @ 34k in jan'11 when launched in india !!!!

Finally rooted this device with http://www.addictive...al-androot-app/

cud not hv been easier. Now lets me root / unroot in one click :)

now next task is to overclock it

finally overclocked it from 550MHz to 1200MHz , the phone cud not withstand 1200 and freezed. seems clocking to 800 to 1000 is apt for this device. hv set mine to 1000 am finding it considerably faster :D . u need root to get this to work.

to overclock : http://code.google.com/p/milestone-overclock/ o

supported handsets :

Motorola Droid

Motorola Droid X

Motorola Milestone A853/A854

Motorola Milestone XT701/XT702/XT720/XT800/XT800W

and

set cpu : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419 thou u dont need this with the above but still its a handy tool to save battery coz u can set lower/higher thresholds for various settings like screen off, battery level/ gaming etc.

in today paper there was an advertisement by air tyme, the price of motorola milestone xt 800 has been dropped to Rs 17k

can some mod rename this thread to motorola milestone xt 800

updates on my overclocked 1GHz processor , i changed the voltage to 65vsel and battery life has risen considerably.I tried at 60vsel but it rebooted. seems 63-65 is apt ...

updates on my overclocked 1GHz processor , i changed the voltage to 65vsel and battery life has risen considerably.I tried at 60vsel but it rebooted. seems 63-65 is apt ...

Hi,

Since you have been using this mobile.. would like to know if we can upgrade the installed OS Android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3.. Do let me know if its possible.. as I am thinking of buying this phone but OS 2.1 is a big deterrent in the whole decision buying process...

Thanks.