Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

I Have Ported My Number To....

^^^

Than take full advantage of DUAL PORTABILITY my dear Saurav. :P

Ported My Airtel Postpaid to Vodafone Prepaid in Mumbai...

Reasons:

To reduce unnecessary fixed postpaid plan cost every month, Mostly Unused Number For Voice Calls-Just For Rs 98 GPRS Packs...Heard Voda offers better GPRS Speeds in Mumbai.

Further Reason-Airtel Annoyances..

#Could not access their App Store..Complain to CC..Resolution Promised in 48 Hours..Finally resolved after 24 Days and About 15 Phone Calls...Hell I Paid for all those Calls to CC..For their fault

#Without my consent Airtel switched me to E-Bills...Complain to CC..Resolved after 2 months..Missed 2 Physical Bills..Again many Calls to CC...Again I Paid for all those Calls to CC...For their fault

#Got an SMS offer for Airtel Digital for Rs 999 for existing Airtel Subscribers in September 2010. Casually inquired about the scheme..Then Said not interested..From that day onwards..Receive nearly 15-20 SMS Every Single day for For Airtel Digital TV..Till date Continues after So many calls to CC for this nuisance...Lost count now how many hundreds i had to delete..

#Receive too many pesky marketing calls/sms...Despite registered in DNC Registry..Activation Confirmed by Airtel

#Airtel problems with HDFC Netbanking Payment Gateway for Online Payment...On the day when you want to make a payment..It never worked invariably..Regular trouble for many months..

Porting Process:

20 Jan: Port Code Generated

22 Jan: To Voda Store. Upon telling for Port In, a Charming Young Lady starts interogatting (of course smilingly) about usage patterns, usual bill amount, did i park my car at the wrong location...Basically to map ARPU Capacity..

When asked for Prepaid Porting..Smiles dropped..Asked for a reason..I said you offer Rs 98-2GB GPRS in Prepaid and Charge Rs 249 in postpaid for the same thing..Sir let me see if we can offer the same thing to you in postpaid..Furious calls to seniors..Good Customer..Can we do something to offer him the same thing in postpaid...Efforts failed finally..Sir, right now we can't offer you this in postpaid but we will do it shortly..Please Go For Postpaid..I said will do when you offer..With a heavy heart..Lady filled up CAF Form, Another Form for MNP, 2 Photos, Took Copies of Address & Identity Proof..Issued a Voafone Sim for Rs 25 (Inclusive of MNP Porting Charges of Rs 19 and Talktime of Rs 5)..Sent an SMS to some Vodafone number from My Airtel..Received an SMS from Voda..Thank You For Your Interest..We Will Contact You Shortly.

29 Jan: Nothing happening..Called Airtel..Was asked to Contact Voda as they have no details..Voda-Same...No Idea

31 Jan: Again Called Voda..No details..Was Asked to Visit Voda Store to find out as the port in request is not entered in their system..Gave him a piece of my mind and told i won't bother doing the running around and will switch to another operator after expiry of this porting code..CC Promises to do something..At the same time tells me to sms on 111 PORTSTATUS <MOBILE NO> <PORTCODE> to find out..Told him how can i send sms on Voda Internal SMS No from Airtel Phone..He told it will work from all phones..Did it..SMS did not go..

Found out that calling on Vodafone 9820098200 and selecting relevant IVR options, Can check the Status of Port In Request..At that time it showed nothing..

31 Jan:Morning: Checked my Airtel Online Account...hmmm..Two request ID appearing under May We Help You..Under the Category of Churn showing expected Resolution date of 2nd and 7th Feb respectively.

2 Feb: Call from Airtel..Why wonna port..Blah blah..Vented all the frustrations...First Call from Airtel CC which i really enjoyed in many months...Felt Fresh and Light

4 Feb Evening: SMS From Vodafone saying your exsisting operator has cleared the porting request and we will intimate you the actual porting date & time shortly.

4 Feb Night 11 p.m: Airtel disconnected..Got no SMS from Vodafone for actual date & time.

5 Feb Early Morning 3 a.m. Vodafone Active.

Later on found that Vodafone submitted the porting request only on 31st Jan..So actual porting time was not that long..

• Like 3

^

One of the few proper replies in this topic, as expected from Rajan...

Edited by dkaile

@rajan,

Congrats on switching over to a better operator in Mumbai.

But I think you will still enjoy the nuisance of the Airtel Digital TV SMS' because your number is still the same and moreover you will have to register under the revised DND (or whatever it is called now)

Enjoy the pug......:rofl_200:

I'm porting from Reliance CDMA Post paid to BSNL 2G

On29th Morning (yesterday) sent sms to 1900, within a second got sms from 1901 with port code which is valid for 15 days.

Same day on 29th morning applied for BSNL, they say it takes 7 days and said they will call me when sim is ready.

I have been using reliance since 8 years long. Recently facing problem like less network in my area, have to go out of house to talk. and some sms missing which is sent by my contacts. Thanks to MNP. BSNL is the only network which is having complete coverage in my area. so no other choice.

Yesterday [1st Feb] Received sim from BSNL. they say when porting take place phone will be dead for 2 hours. After that i need to recharge with33 (may be because i have taken pyaari jodi offer)

Waiting for sms or information on porting date time from bsnl...

Update 4th Feb 5:00 pm: - Just now got sms from 1901 on my reliance CDMA... [copy below..]

Your Port in request for Mobile Number **** has been accepted .Your mobile number will be ported on 04-Feb-2011 at 22:00 PM. Thank You - BSNL

Now I'm excited :)

For your information just 30 min before that i have called BSNL Customer care 1503 asking for port-in update..Lady said it's not processed, asked when it will be done....after few seconds said will be done by morning. I was not sure about that.

Since today morning I'm on BSNL! Bye bye to Reliance after 8 plus years!

can the broadband+ be ported?

Date: January 30, 2011. Time: 4:30 pm. On the deck of the MV Nordlake off Mumbai harbour -

Captain: "This mobile phone service is horrible - I just can't get through to the cute lady I met at Mondegar's last night. I NEED TO PORT!"

A few minutes later, he looks up from his mobile phone to see his vessel has turned to port and is heading straight towards the INS Vindhyagiri.

Captain: "Fools! We're headed straight for that frigate!"

Sailor at the helm: "But Captain, you asked us to turn towards port!"

And thus, the Captain of the MV Nordlake achieved what has been every Pakistani naval captain's favourite wet dream ever since the Indian Navy caught the Pakistanis with their pants down at Karachi in 1971 - that of sinking an Indian Navy ship.

hilarious.. thanks chow hound.

• Like 1

I have PORTED my existing Reliance CDMA postpaid number 93701XXXXX to Tata DOCOMO GSM

Reasons for Porting - Quality of Reliance network at my residence dropped drastically in last 1 year, perhaps due to some new buildings being constructed nearby. I experienced frequent call drops and blank calls while my callers typically found my number unreachable. (I must note that I used to have excellent network earlier, and had recommended Reliance to a lot of people)

Grievances with existing Service provider - All the above could have been forgiven IF Reliance allowed call divert to any landline. Unfortunately Reliance does not allow call divert from CDMA to landline phones run by some rival operators :ranting:

Benefits that I see of the new service provider - Much better network at home, yet to try out at other places.

Porting Experience -

• 30th Jan 2pm: Applied for and got porting request code immediately, Request_Service_Port_Out_SMS UCS request appears on myservices website.
  • 31st Jan: Submitted Docomo form, got call from Reliance asking about my port-out request and offering to send someone to check the network. I refused since I had complained to them in the past but nothing had happened.
  • 1 Feb 11pm: Got sms from Docomo saying port in request has been forwarded to service provider
  • 1-5 Feb: Got 3 calls from Reliance asking what they could do to help. Two of those calls got dropped as I was at home :rofl_200:
  • 5 Feb 7pm: Got sms and automated call from Docomo saying number would be ported at 10:30pm that same night.
  • 6 Feb 1am: Got sms "Welcome to TATA Docomo family"... on my Reliance phone :confuse:
  • 6 Feb 7am: Reliance number still active, Docomo sim still dead. Incoming calls and sms on Reliance.
  • 6 Feb: Sometime during the day, incoming calls and sms switched to Docomo. Request_Service_Port_Out_Request UCS request appears on myservices website. Reliance sim still active, I can make calls and send sms with it :unsure:

Any other important comment - I was on PPS 199 plan of Reliance and now on FV 149 plan of Docomo, thus saving at least Rs 50 every month for the same amount of talktime. Though I will have to change my handset, it was an entry level one anyways and I'll get a new entry level GSM handset since I just use my phone for calls and sms. I earlier loved Reliance roaming experience, hope Docomo can match it!

Edited by shrik

^^^

Congrats for switching over to Docomo dear Shrik. :)

I have PORTED my existing Reliance CDMA postpaid number 93701XXXXX to Tata DOCOMO GSM

Reasons for Porting - Quality of Reliance network at my residence dropped drastically in last 1 year, perhaps due to some new buildings being constructed nearby. I experienced frequent call drops and blank calls while my callers typically found my number unreachable. (I must note that I used to have excellent network earlier, and had recommended Reliance to a lot of people)

Grievances with existing Service provider - All the above could have been forgiven IF Reliance allowed call divert to any landline. Unfortunately Reliance does not allow call divert from CDMA to landline phones run by some rival operators :ranting:

Benefits that I see of the new service provider - Much better network at home, yet to try out at other places.

Porting Experience -

• 30th Jan 2pm: Applied for and got porting request code immediately
  • 31st Jan: Submitted Docomo form, got call from Reliance asking about my port-out request and offering to send someone to check the network. I refused since I had complained to them in the past but nothing had happened.
  • 1 Feb 11pm: Got sms from Docomo saying port in request has been forwarded to service provider
  • 1-5 Feb: Got 3 calls from Reliance asking what they could do to help. Two of those calls got dropped as I was at home :rofl_200:
  • 5 Feb 7pm: Got sms and automated call from Docomo saying number would be ported at 10:30pm that same night.
  • 6 Feb 1am: Got sms "Welcome to TATA Docomo family"... on my Reliance phone :confuse:
  • 6 Feb 7am: Reliance number still active, Docomo sim still dead. Incoming calls and sms on Reliance.
  • 6 Feb: Sometime during the day, incoming calls and sms switched to Docomo. Reliance sim still active, I can make calls and send sms with it :unsure: Maybe they will disconnect it tonight?

Any other important comment - I was on PPS 199 plan of Reliance and now on FV 149 plan of Docomo, thus saving at least Rs 50 every month for the same amount of talktime. Though I will have to change my handset, it was an entry level one anyways and I'll get a new entry level GSM handset since I just use my phone for calls and sms. I earlier loved Reliance roaming experience, hope Docomo can match it!

I too shifted to TaTa Docomo from RCDMA. Yesterday morning my porting process is completed.

Still my RCDMA is active and all incoming calls from RCDMA , RGSM and BSNL calls coming to RCDMA only. Call from all other operators are coming to Docomo.

Please cross check with Docomo about early bird offers. Still early bird offers are not activated on my number. I gave a complaint to Docomo. I will update you soon.

Regarding network, Docomo is premature as compared to RCDMA. But I am happy with Docomo because signal strength is excellent at my home and office.

For Roaming , they have shared network with Idea & Vodafone. Roaming charges are equivalent to other network when we are in shared network But when we are in Docomo network it is 1P/Sec. After calculating with RCDMA present postpaid plans, I felt Docomo is cheaper.

:previous: The welcome call agent specified early bird offer valid for 2 months. I pointed out that 6 months validity is mentioned on the website, she created a service request for the same. I presume it's been taken care of.

I'm still in dual-phone mode, calls from Reliance network are coming to my Reliance phone, and messages from any network to either of the phones randomly. I guess this will sort itself out in a few days, till then I have to carry both phones around.

:previous: The welcome call agent specified early bird offer valid for 2 months. I pointed out that 6 months validity is mentioned on the website, she created a service request for the same. I presume it's been taken care of.

I'm still in dual-phone mode, calls from Reliance network are coming to my Reliance phone, and messages from any network to either of the phones randomly. I guess this will sort itself out in a few days, till then I have to carry both phones around.

Today early bird offers are activated for my number. Facing same problem. All Reliance and BSNL calls are coming to RCDMA phone and other operators calls to Docomo. Complaint is raised.

Today is day 14th and still waiting for RCDMA to convert into RGSM. I believe RGSM is not ready for port-in's, i didnt hear a single case yet.. anyone migrated to RGSM, pls update.

thanks in advance.

I got the following updates just now back to back:

RM MNP: Dear Customer, your new sim is ready for activation. Pls insert the new SIM by 11:00PM-12:00AM Reliance.

RM MNP: Dear Customer, Reference to your Port IN request for Number 937xxxxxxx your request is accepted & your services will be restricted for 2 hours on 09/02/2011 b/w 10:00PM-12:00PM. Your services will be activated in Reliance tentatively at -12:00AM.

-----

Dear Members, once after activation do I have to recharge with 41 FRC for 1p/2sec tariff or it will be activated by default in new sim? please update.

thanks in advance.

Today early bird offers are activated for my number. Facing same problem. All Reliance and BSNL calls are coming to RCDMA phone and other operators calls to Docomo. Complaint is raised.

Today I got a call from Docomo. There is a technical problem from Reliance side. They are working on it.

Today is day 14th and still waiting for RCDMA to convert into RGSM. I believe RGSM is not ready for port-in's, i didnt hear a single case yet.. anyone migrated to RGSM, pls update.

thanks in advance.

I got the following updates just now back to back:

RM MNP: Dear Customer, your new sim is ready for activation. Pls insert the new SIM by 11:00PM-12:00AM Reliance.

RM MNP: Dear Customer, Reference to your Port IN request for Number 937xxxxxxx your request is accepted & your services will be restricted for 2 hours on 09/02/2011 b/w 10:00PM-12:00PM. Your services will be activated in Reliance tentatively at -12:00AM.

-----

Dear Members, once after activation do I have to recharge with 41 FRC for 1p/2sec tariff or it will be activated by default in new sim? please update.

thanks in advance.

My RGSM is activated now, and RCDMA is suspended. It took 20 days for porting, finally its done.

-----

thanks in advance.

You should get the tariff without doing any FRC.

Just do a balance check once your RGSM SIM is active if it reflects around Rs. 10 balance then you have received benefit without any FRC.

(wait for 3-4 Hrs after it gets active as they may take time to attach benefit to you)

Share your experience for our benefits also.

Today I got a call from Docomo. There is a technical problem from Reliance side. They are working on it.

Finally I am out of Reliance. All issues are resolved . I am able to receive all calls to my Docomo.

-----

thanks in advance.

You should get the tariff without doing any FRC.

Just do a balance check once your RGSM SIM is active if it reflects around10 balance then you have received benefit without any FRC.

(wait for 3-4 Hrs after it gets active as they may take time to attach benefit to you)

Share your experience for our benefits also.

I called up CC to know the tariff plan but they got no info about cdma to gsm migration, in there system am still on cdma - the info is yet to be updated. So I went to web-world and they told me to recharge with 41 FRC to get 1p/2sec benefit, according to them the default activated plan is 1p/sec and bal was rs.11/- at the time of gsm activation. I have done so and its working.

Today activated BBS on RGSM prepaid (ported number) @ Rs.398/month. Speed is a lot better compared to my other vodafone BB number.

But I'm still unable to activate the sms packs, CC said its some tech issue and should be resolved by evening.

Today activated BBS on RGSM prepaid (ported number) @ Rs.398/month. Speed is a lot better compared to my other vodafone BB number.

But I'm still unable to activate the sms packs, CC said its some tech issue and should be resolved by evening.

yaa RGSM has very good GPRS speed as compared to others, may be due to lesser congestion.

are u able to make call to *222 or *333 or 198 easily ?

Today activated BBS on RGSM prepaid (ported number) @ 398/month. Speed is a lot better compared to my other vodafone BB number.

yaa RGSM has very good GPRS speed as compared to others, may be due to lesser congestion.

are u able to make call to *222 or *333 or 198 easily ?

Yes calls to all those numbers are working smoothly unlike when i was on cdma, they used to put on hold for long time. But due to mnp i guess they are charged up.

MNP HELL at Reliance

Number portability Stuck at reliance GSM

I wanted to port my number from Vodaphone to Reliance. My number is 9833559948

So I applied for number portability on 24jan2011.

On 5-feb-2011 at 4:21 AM I received one SMS from Vodaphone that said Your porting request dated 1-feb-2011 has been approved. We will communicate porting date and time shortly.

After that there is no SMS and my Vodaphone SIM went offline on 6-feb-2011 at 3 AM or so.

In the morning i checked my reliance SIM it was still inactive.

So I contacted reliance they said that porting data has not been sent from vodaphone and my number is still with them. In the evening i visited vodaphone gallery, they said Porting data has been sent to reliance you need to contact them.

So again i called their call center. NOW THEY ARE SAYING THERE IS SOME TECHNICAL PROBLEM ON THEIR END AND THEY WILL DO IT SOON.

TODAY IS 12-FEB-2011 STILL MY RELIANCE SIM IS INACTIVE. I called them again they said it might be done is 1 hour or 1 day they do n't know.

Now I am stuck, why do they take porting request when their infrastructure is not ready.

My current contact detail is :9022731579

My vodaphone number is not reachable.

I am tired of calling Reliance and visiting their Web world nothing is helping..

ALL BROADERS READ THIS BEFORE PORTING TO RELIANCE DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PORT TO RELIANCE AND LOOSE YOUR SLEEP

^^^

@Riz

My dear friend, do not post multiple times the same stuff.

MNP HELL at Reliance

Number portability Stuck at reliance GSM

I wanted to port my number from Vodaphone to Reliance. My number is 9833559948

So I applied for number portability on 24jan2011.

On 5-feb-2011 at 4:21 AM I received one SMS from Vodaphone that said Your porting request dated 1-feb-2011 has been approved. We will communicate porting date and time shortly.

After that there is no SMS and my Vodaphone SIM went offline on 6-feb-2011 at 3 AM or so.

In the morning i checked my reliance SIM it was still inactive.

So I contacted reliance they said that porting data has not been sent from vodaphone and my number is still with them. In the evening i visited vodaphone gallery, they said Porting data has been sent to reliance you need to contact them.

So again i called their call center. NOW THEY ARE SAYING THERE IS SOME TECHNICAL PROBLEM ON THEIR END AND THEY WILL DO IT SOON.

TODAY IS 12-FEB-2011 STILL MY RELIANCE SIM IS INACTIVE. I called them again they said it might be done is 1 hour or 1 day they do n't know.

Now I am stuck, why do they take porting request when their infrastructure is not ready.

My current contact detail is :9022731579

My vodaphone number is not reachable.

I am tired of calling Reliance and visiting their Web world nothing is helping..

ALL BROADERS READ THIS BEFORE PORTING TO RELIANCE DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PORT TO RELIANCE AND LOOSE YOUR SLEEP

very funny

but i amazed that what forced you to port in to RGSM that too from vodafone, even after reports of bad network & CC of reliance ?

ye to shuruaat hai, aage jab number RGSM pe aa jayega then your problems only will increase.

for now do send a mail to

anil.ambani@relianceada.com with cc to

serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com

customercare@relianceada.com

gsm.customercare@relianceada.com

plus nodal officer and appellate authority of Mumbai (or which circle you belong to)

believe me you will get quick result..

Edited by amitnsonu