Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

I Have Ported My Number To....

Ported one R-GSM postpaid number to R-CDMA postpaid..

It was done within 30 hours by Reliance.. No glitches whatsoever.. :)

Rajanbhai, please let us know why you shifted from RGSM to RCDMA.

^^^ R2R MNP is internal and called INP in Reliance and all iNP happens maximum in 48 hours.

Amitji may be technically from Reliance infrastructure point of view they can call it internal but they followed entire normal MNP procedure from generating port out code from GSM, filling port in form for CDMA, Documents etc.

In addition, since it was done like normal MNP rules,

• They did not allow the same old plan PPS 199 which was there in GSM. They gave PPS 199 in CDMA but in which roaming charges are 2 Paise Second now. They said now you're treated like a new customer and the old plan which was active in GSM can't be given to you.
  • Rs 25 SMS pack which was active in GSM was also not granted in CDMA. Now only two packs in CDMA, Rs 39 & Rs 69. I had to take Rs 39.

Rajanbhai, please let us know why you shifted from RGSM to RCDMA.

Poor network, call termination in congestion and abysmal voice call quality.. almost inaudible most of the time..

@rajan,

Even after 1 year,a also after launching 3G in Mumbai circle.

Rcom is not taking GSM customer seriously. and loosing customer.

Finally, Nothing can save RCOM's ship in Such TURBULENCE COMPETITION .

CDMA- less choice of handset, no data pack

GSM- Poor network quality.

3G- No pan India presence, or tie for intra circle or inter circle roaming.

Didn't won any BWA license.

over than DEBT burden.

In Delhi RCom GSM Network is improved a lot after 3G and its now like normal network here.

@ Rajan, All MNP in India are done by HP Hewlett Packard Number Portability Dashboard as per TRAI and DOT Regulations.

But when a MDN is converted from GSM to CDMA in RCom or vice versa, then many things are omitted which are being checked by MCH via Dashboard. That is why it is called INP Internal Number Portability.

And why could not you get SimplePPS199 Plan, its available for INP and MNP. You got plan SimplePPS199N which is open plan.

I am Thinkig to Port my Airtel in Kolkata........

Just looking what will be better than Airtel in GSM

And why could not you get SimplePPS199 Plan, its available for INP and MNP. You got plan SimplePPS199N which is open plan.

They refused to give saying now the old SimplePPS199 plan with 1p/s roaming is no longer available. It will remain active for existing subscribers but not for new. For all new subscribers the same plan has only one difference, i.e., roaming at 2p/s instead of 1/ps in old plan. MNP plan they refused saying you are not porting in from other network..

When i told them that had the number remained in GSM with Reliance, they would have continued the same plan. To which they said Yes. I told them, basically you are penalizing the same customer for remaining with Reliance in CDMA. They said, you are getting a better network compared to R-GSM and should be happy with that.

That's Reliance's skewed logic..

Funnily 2 days later, i am getting a call for feedback.. "Reliance ki seva ko kaise behtar banaya ja sakta hai uske liye aapka mulyavan samay chahiye:...

What the F..

Now after 3 months when i will do the port out request, they will be very happy to offer the sun and the moon.. Probably more..

Penny Wise, Pound Foolish.. That's how Reliance operates..

^^^^^^

If they refused MNP offer saying you are doing INP and not MNP, you should have taken back the MNP form from them and say "I will be in some other network [Tata/AirHell/Voda/BSNL] for 3 months and return to RCdma and at that time, I will be eligible for that MNP offer, right???"...

:previous: Even for MNP port in, they have increased the roaming rates to 2p/s across the board in all plan. They also showed me all the MNP plans. I think in some plan it was still 1p/s but the other tariff was bad.

Besides do you think it's possible to live peacefully for 3 months after promising instant good voice quality to all powerful home minister? :censored3:

So that option was ruled out.

Edited by rajanmehta

Besides do you think it's possible to live peacefully for 3 months after promising instant good voice quality to all powerful home minister?

Hehe... No chance...

I am Thinkig to Port my Airtel in Kolkata........

Just looking what will be better than Airtel in GSM

I Think Tata Docomo will be a good option in Kolkata.

I have ported my number (again! First port eight months back) existing Tata DOCOMO postpaid number to Idea prepaid

Reasons for Porting - Moving to an area where TD does not have network coverage.

Grievances with existing Service provider - None. Where TD has network, I found the call quality very good. Their customer service is also intelligent and responsive. Unfortunately, TD does not have good network coverage outside cities.

Benefits that I see of the new service provider -

1. Better network coverage (so far)
  2. Lower cost (thanks to postpaid -> prepaid service tax avoidance)

Porting experience - Very smooth. Sent port request on Day 1 and got UPC immediately. Bought Idea sim and filled their form only on Day 13, number was ported on Night 18. Total dead time between services: about 10 minutes.

Any other important comment - Idea really surprised me with their MNP tariff plan. I chose Idea because that is the only network available in my future location, but now it looks like I'll save money too :clap: Taking a look at their prepaid product details (attached) I really appreciate TD's "keep it simple" policy. Even Idea's website gives a terrible user experience, and the two customer service reps I met at their showroom gave different views on what FRCs and tariff plans are available for MNP customers. I decided to take it one step at a time and call their customer service once the number's activated.

The MNP sim costs Rs 20, and I was surprised to discover it came loaded with Rs 5 of talktime - the customer service I called then told me the FRC was already done and I didn't need to do any First Recharge, or Value Voucher recharge etc. The pre-activated tariff is: 1p/2s for Idea-Idea, and 1p/s for all other calls local/national/mobile/landline, 50p sms. Wonder why Idea doesn't advertise this - couldn't find it on their website or showroom leaflets. What's also funny is that existing or new Idea customers do not get this tariff :biggrinthumb:

post-37185-0-24827000-1318599483_thumb.p

Edited by shrik

I Am idea prepaid user today i was surprised to see my call rates to local idea mobile was 1ps for 2 sec, without any value voucher/recharge. I think idea is improving may be after a blow of MNP, Circle Maharastra and Goa

today the the same is withdrawn and now i am charged 1ps per sec for calls to idea mobile

^^ Same here, looks like it was an unannounced one-day bug/offer.

I have applied for porting from idea to Vodafone because idea deducted 50 rs from my balance for some pack which i didn't activate.1st they told me that u have received the call form idea care n agreed to activate the service,i told them the phone was with me whole day n i didn't call or recived any call n the idea ccr started fighting with me,I called 198 n they told me they will look into in this matter n will let me know in 24 hrs.i didn't received any call so i called them 198 again n they told me that they will refund me in 48 hrs,i waited for 48 hrs n called again n the reply was its under process n will take 8 more hrs.i waited again n called again, n guess what the ccr told me no complaint is lodged n they can't refund me.so i don't wanted to fight with them n decided to port number to Voda

the given date by Vodafone is 18th of Oct n i applied for that on 27th of sept.

its long time but i have no problem with Vodafone.

in mean while when applied for porting the idea people send me a sms for document's i went n submitted my passport copy with the application form,i made sure the application is properly filled n was checked by the person in idea care, after 2 days my no was blocked by idea saying i have submitted only photo proof,i called them 3 times n told passport has all my address proof n photo proof,but the ccr told me i need to submit 3 copy for this,funny thing is i know 1 copy is enough as i buy idea sim every month with same passport copy,but no one can win with idea ccr,if u ask for supervisor they say im the senior person manager is not available,n u can do whatever you want to do but i won't transfer the call to supervisor.

so again i submitted single passport copy to different idea care n service is now active since today evening.

i have 3 other idea no in use which i will port other service provider but no more idea

there cust service really horrible

I've got the message from reliance that my porting request has been successfully registered.

I'm porting from reliance gsm to docomo gsm. now I've got that message twice. i got this message 1st on 22nd and again today,

so what next? has my porting request been accepted by reliance or can it still get rejected?

now what will happen next, will i get a message from docmoo or relaince for the time/date of porting?

I've got the message from reliance that my porting request has been successfully registered.

I'm porting from reliance gsm to docomo gsm. now I've got that message twice. i got this message 1st on 22nd and again today,

so what next? has my porting request been accepted by reliance or can it still get rejected?

now what will happen next, will i get a message from docmoo or relaince for the time/date of porting?

Don't worry. You will get messages from Docomo eventually. Reliance system keeps sending such text messages during the porting process. My experience says that you will now get a message only on the day when your switch will be ported.

i recently found out from the aircel CC that you cannot port from bsnl post paid to aircel postpaid. first you have to convert your bsnl number to prepaid , then convert to aircel . is it true? i thought we could convert from postpaid to postpaid

^^^^^^

NOT True, afaik...

Further if you converted from Postpaid to prepaid, then you have to wait for another 3 months to be eligible for MNP request as post to pre (and vice-versa) conversions are considered as getting new connection (and you have to submit your proof and photos again)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

i recently found out from the aircel CC that you cannot port from bsnl post paid to aircel postpaid. first you have to convert your bsnl number to prepaid , then convert to aircel . is it true? i thought we could convert from postpaid to postpaid

Absolutely wrong.

So this to them and give a strong statement(#*%%#@#$%#$%) to cc and ask them to check their very own policies and their site.

post-77244-0-23221700-1319833137_thumb.j

• Like 1

porting from airtel to bsnl in ncr is a totally impossible.....i was trying to port from airtel postpaid from fbd region to bsnl faridabd but the bsnl executives rejected coz fineprintly thy told me tht airtel ncr comes under delhi region whereas bsnl fbd will come under haryana region so porting is impossible.

the only option was to close the airtel no and take bsnl's postpaid no.

secondly bsnl fbd takes roaming in fbd under mtnl which i learned later tht it works as local ..but still m confused abt the std calls and all..will tht work under my plan or under as roaming....still m waiting for my first bill ....thn only i can get clarified more so..

lets hope so all goes well with bsnl... :Decepcionado:

22nd Oct - applied for porting from reliance gsm to tata docomo gsm

on 22nd and 25th i got 2 mesages, both saying my request for mnp has been successfully registered

on 31st got msg that my porting will take place at 10:58 pm

checked my docomo sim in the morning and it was working perfectly

no issues in calling/receiving calls from docomo or reliance numbers

as i'm on roaming , i have not been able to check if there are any issues with sms

the strangest thing was that shopkeepers did not want to take any porting out requests for reliance numbers

they said that reliance created a lot of problems, and porting was rarely successful

only the 3rd shopkeeper was willing to do the porting, but he said there is a huge risk of it not being successful and he would not be responsible! lol

maybe i was lucky , i did not face any issues and my porting was successful.

finally i'm free from VAS activations without my consent

for retention, i did get calls from reliance, they promised to deactivate all services but didnt offer any retention plans such as cheaper call rates etc. which was disappointing.

hi all

i m from delhi

i have a voda conn earlier

i ported to rgsm few days back

porting process was smooth ........

the offer is -

with frc of 1 rs

we get 1p/2sec call rate local for 90 days

1 gb 3g data

full talktime on rs 55 recharge unlimited no of times till 3 mnths

ABOUT NETWORK.........as from dis forum i heard quite a good negative responses from d ppl here but i found the network to be fair enough

i used a temporary rgsm prepaid no for the last two months just to check their network n services

and everything seems to be superb

\only negative point..................their customer care s**ks big tym

I ported my secondary number of Vodafone to Idea.

Time taken, 2 weeks.

Vodafone wanted to know which operator I was going to. But I tried not to reveal it. I simply told them that my office is forcing me to go for the CUG plan and would go where my office does the deal.

Migrated just because Idea is giving me a corporate plan. 1000 free minutes(Local, Std, Roaming), 400 Free SMS, 100 MB data, Idea-2-Idea 30 ps, Others 40 ps. Std & LL 50 ps... All at Rs. 245/month.

I ported my secondary number of Vodafone to Idea.

Time taken, 2 weeks.

Vodafone wanted to know which operator I was going to. But I tried not to reveal it. I simply told them that my office is forcing me to go for the CUG plan and would go where my office does the deal.

Migrated just because Idea is giving me a corporate plan. 1000 free minutes(Local, Std, Roaming), 400 Free SMS, 100 MB data, Idea-2-Idea 30 ps, Others 40 ps. Std & LL 50 ps... All at Rs. 245/month.

what is the plan code name ?

I am also having corporate connection in delhi circle