Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

I Have Ported My Number To....

^^^

Yes, to ensure that the ww or rms do not charge customer more than that, they have posted customer informative boards.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yes cdma also cost 4.

I have PORTED my existing (tata Docomo GSM) (original number was belong to tata inidicom,which is ported to docomo gsm , a year back) number 9271X*#$@1 to (Vodafone) (GSM)

Reasons for Porting - ONLY option available to me.

Grievances with existing Service provider - poor 3g signal in home and indoor

Benefits that I see of the new service provider - strong 3g and 2g network in city/town/rural areas

Porting Experience - porting code generated on 5th morning 8am

visited vodafone store, given all docs, and paid rs 25 for blank mnp sim

on 9th april 11.30am got sms saying ur request is successful, we will communicate date and time.

on 9th april sim started showing limited service, as i was not communicated date and time, i lost rs 5 core balance with 300mb gprs balance.

10 april 12.15am, vodafone sim started, and sent sms for 3g activation, also send USSD for mnp customer and got rs 35TT immediately

Any other important comment - although docomo plans are cheaper, 3g speed is faster, due to poor indoor coverage, i had to shift to Vodafone

I paid rs 25 to Vodafone, but Vodafone has give me benifit of rs 35+35*2(2 month STV costing rs 35) for free, total paid rs 25, benefit received rs105,

cost of porting = 25-105=negative 80.

I have PORTED my existing (tata Docomo GSM) (original number was belong to tata inidicom,which is ported to docomo gsm , a year back) number 9271X*#$@1 to (Vodafone) (GSM)

Reasons for Porting - ONLY option available to me.

Grievances with existing Service provider - poor 3g signal in home and indoor

Benefits that I see of the new service provider - strong 3g and 2g network in city/town/rural areas

Porting Experience - porting code generated on 5th morning 8am

visited vodafone store, given all docs, and paid rs 25 for blank mnp sim

on 9th april 11.30am got sms saying ur request is successful, we will communicate date and time.

on 9th april sim started showing limited service, as i was not communicated date and time, i lost rs 5 core balance with 300mb gprs balance.

10 april 12.15am, vodafone sim started, and sent sms for 3g activation, also send USSD for mnp customer and got rs 35TT immediately

Any other important comment - although docomo plans are cheaper, 3g speed is faster, due to poor indoor coverage, i had to shift to Vodafone

I paid rs 25 to Vodafone, but Vodafone has give me benifit of rs 35+35*2(2 month STV costing rs 35) for free, total paid rs 25, benefit received rs105,

cost of porting = 25-105=negative 80.

There's someone who is giving me tough competition in porting :P And where did you manage to get such a premium number 9271X*#$@1 <<wow>> :D

Ported my bhabi's RCDMA to RGSM.

Reasons for Porting - Only for handset purpose. My brother gifted her new handset and want o port out.

Grievances with existing Service provider - Handset nothing else.

Benefits that I see of the new service provider - Better handset. I don;t think there is any other benefit.

Porting Experience - (mention time taken to port from first sms etc.) - Given port out request through SMS on Friday, 5th October at about 11AM. I got the confirmation message that it has been delivered but not the port out request number. Called up CC and was promptly given the number. She asked me the reason and I told I want to migrate to GSM for better handset nothing else. I got port out request no at evening 5PM.

Sent my peon to WW. WW guy gave him a form and asked to get address proof and photo. Filled up the form and sent again at about 2PM. Got a call stating that since the number is registered at office address, I should also provide address proof of the office otherwise application may get rejected and number will be blocked. The WW guy was kind enough to inform that I can provide landline bill or any document in name of co and there will not be any verification. He asked me mail the bill and my peon can wait till I mail it. After mailing, I called up my peon and he confirmed with the WW guy about he receipt of the land line bill in mail. He handed over the new GSM SIM to my peon and informed that it may take max. 7 to 8 days to start. till then my CDMA will be working.

I got SMS on Saturday, 6th, stating that I should start my GSM phone between 8PM to midnight. I restarted it several times during that period, but there was no luck. However on 7th October, at about 10AM, restarted GSM and it was working.

Any other important comment- I found WW guy to helping and never got agitated. In fact he explained everything to my peon and again to me over the phone. He was willing to help in every possible way,

• Like 1

vodafone is not letting me port out my delhi number on the grounds that i'm roaming in mumbai

keep in mind i'm not trying to change the city

i just want the port code to start the process in delhi itself

the mumbai customer service is also insisting i call the delhi cc number but i don't want to incur roaming charges just to argue with them

anyone else have a problem with vodafone port out?

are you not getting your porting code???

Why dont u send the upc generation message and then write an email to vodafonecare.del@vodafone.com requesting them to send you your upc.

Then you could ask any of your friend to initiate the process in delhi.. :)

Vodafone to RCDMA.

Reasons for Porting - Vodafone was not letting me buy their ultra cheap Smart 858 android phone. (Don;t say its a lame reason)

Benefits that I see of the new service provider - The new Rs 94 recharge option and other call rate reduction options.

Porting Experience - They first filled my porting request for RGSM. After a week I went to them and told that there ware no updates for my MNP progress. They checked and realised their mistake. They asked me to fill the CAF again :bash: . I was on RCDMA in next three days with about 3 hours downtime. It took another 2 days to activate EVDO on my newly ported number. :Silbando:

Edited by ni0987

Ported my number from RCDMA to Vodafone (GSM).

Reasons for Porting - Major reason handset and EVDO speed. The handset I got at really excellent price. Will update that later.
Grievances with existing Service provider - Even after many complains nothing was done. Even while offering me retention, they said they will look in to matter but nothing was done.
Benefits that I see of the new service provider - Better handset. I don;t think there is any other benefit.

Porting Experience -

This will be in two part.

Part One - RCDMA to RGSM

First, I tried to port from CDMA to RGSM due its UNLIMITED1299 plan and was perfect for me. It was based on my existing CDMA bill. I first generated UPC code on 15th November 2012 and approached WEb Sotre at Opera House in Mumbai. They were very cordial and initially very helpful. The executive checked the form and papers and informed that application form should be in personal name and not in company name. I used to get bill in company name. Anyway, resubmitted the form in personal name.

He gave SIM card and informed that it will be done in max 7 days time. But requested to inquire back again 2-3 days time. My peon again visited after 3 days or so. Again same reply from the him. Again after 2-3 days my peon visited and informed that the form should be company name and not in personal and also told that since only few days left, it cannot be converted. The executive was really apologetic and fell for it. Any way, after expiry of the UPC on 1st December 2012, I again generated new one.

This time I sent the peon with all the papers and form in name of company. The executive said nice and will be done in 7 days and gave another SIM. He assured me not to worry this time. I was continuously following on 198 about the status and learn that nothing was done even after a week of application. I sent my peon and found that the executive had not even bothered to check the form. He returned the form and said it should be personal name. My peon was really pissed off and fought with the guy. I was :mad44: . I was sure that these guys are not going to do anything and I was chasing idiots. I also send mail to Appellate authority only to learn that it was one who I had mad mistake by not submitting proper documents and also Appellate Authority was unable to reach me as my phone was not reachable. This is for the probably 1st time I hear from someone as my phoen is on 24x7. By the time I get reply from Appellate, I had already applied for Vodafone.

Part2;

RCDMA to Vodafone:

Documents submitted on 10th December 2012

Porting completed on 20th December 2012

After the mess from RCOm, I decided this is enough and it is sheer waste of time and energy.Too late to realise.. :doh:

Anyway, i submitted the documents and wanted to also change the user details and company details. I asked my peon to visit the Vodafone Mini Store, across the road, and he was knowing guys there. THey just aksed for my ID proof and residential proof and signature on filled form. They told me that it will take anywhere between 7 to 10 days.

Vodafone executive charged Rs 20 for SIM and it had Rs 5 talk time. I inquired with RCOM what is the status of my port request on 15th December 2012 and was informed that they have already approved on 14th. I was worried whehter I will be able port out or not as UPC was expiring on 17th. My peon asked Vodafone executive and informed that not to worry till 21st.

I got an SMS from Vodafone on 19th December at 8:00PM stating that my port request has been accepted and they will soon inform me about when my Vodafone service will start. However no further communication either from RCOM or Vodafone. In the morning my RCOM services were disconnected and Vodafone said that it not operational due to "operation" issues. I called up CC and he told me to dial 117 from handset. I dialed it he took down basic info like name address etc and said service will start in max 2 hours. I got SMS within few minutes and service started. Vodafone has offered me V2V at 10p/min, local at 30p/min and STD 40/min for 3 months. After that I have to change my plan. This is promotional offer only.

Any other important comment- These are the same guys from RCOM web store who had earlier helped me. But this time, they were not even interested and RCOM CAF is pathetic. I was really baning my head with RCOM and feel like :suicide: . But there was no help from RCOM. Vodafone was much better and smoother. Other point that lead to this decision was that slowly loosing benefit of getting exclusive CDMA handsets at cheaper price.

Edited by csmart

I wanted to port from vodafone to airtel as charges of vodafone were getting higher and they never informed about change in tariff plan

I went to airtel outlet they explained the whole procedure but told to wait for some days before applying as there is some problem in porting due to some changes mad on 9th dec

According to them some numbers were deactivated since the first operator ported out the number but the recipient operator could not activate it ( thus the number got lost between the operators and got permanently deactivated)

Can anybody confirm the same

I wanted to port from vodafone to airtel as charges of vodafone were getting higher and they never informed about change in tariff plan

I went to airtel outlet they explained the whole procedure but told to wait for some days before applying as there is some problem in porting due to some changes mad on 9th dec

According to them some numbers were deactivated since the first operator ported out the number but the recipient operator could not activate it ( thus the number got lost between the operators and got permanently deactivated)

Can anybody confirm the same

I Lost 2 of my numbers and 2 no. were activated after 4 days of de-activation

Lost 2 numbers meaning they are permanently unusable? If so, what steps did you follow to get them activated again?

Lost 2 numbers meaning they are permanently unusable? If so, what steps did you follow to get them activated again?

Nothing...they were used for marketing

I was enjoying fair quality of services of !dea cellular Gujarat including 3G mobility. After traveling inter-state frequently couple of months, ported out to BSNL because of high 3G data roaming charges. The process of porting is changed now since many cases of fake port requests happen in thousands. A confirmation call comes from BSNL for verification after submission of documents. If the call is not answered, the port out request is treated as fake thereby nullifying the process. Awaiting final port time.

Sent from Sensation XE using Tapatalk

I has ported my idea gsm to reliance CDMA ,rim cdma has a best network coverage,great voice clearity,and most important for me is internet packs like 3g,.time taken for me convert network is only 4 days,

++`1 reliance but only CDMA..

Sent port out message to Reliance CDMA on 24th June, 2013 and instantly recieved the UPC Code. SUbmitted the COde to VOdafone along with documents on 25th June, 2013.

Am connected to the Vodafone network from 2nd July, 2013. SO far good experience!!!!!! Worth the port

I ported my Karnataka Vodafone postpaid number to Airtel Postpaid.

Reason:

1. Airtel has its own 3G in Karnataka

2. Less call drops as compared to Vodafone.

3. Better Corporate Plan

For 275 Rental Airtel is giving me

i.1000 mnts local/std/roaming

ii. 500 L+N sms

iii. CUG unlimited Free

iv. Cheaper call rates after free mnts.

I ported my BSNL in November and just ported the Reliance CDMA. Both are to Vodafone (UPE). Why Voda - they ar on 900MHz and have 3G in UPE (the others are BSNL and Aircel). Voda (or rather Hutch) and (now defunct) Usha were the first in UP and Voda has a god network. I am waiting for National Single No to come, then I will form a family CUG with my daughter and family in Kolkata.

I have ported one of my Reliance CDMA prepaid number to Airtel Postpaid. Took the 399 Plan (specific to persons porting in, I think). 750 minutes local and std calls free, 250 sms free, 750MB 3G data and thereafter unlimited 2G data. Took 7 days. Service seems great. I hope it is not the first of many that I will port out. All this due to NON registrations of new MEIDs. Maybe my personal Reliance CDMA postpaid number will be next. Bought the new Micromax A1 Android One phone for this number.

Edited by dkaile

^^^ Dhiraj, is it introductory plan?

More and more people will port out once they look for new handset...

^^^ Dhiraj, is it introductory plan?

More and more people will port out once they look for new handset...

Nope. its a permanent plan. But they offer it mostly for port in numbers and don't openly offer it to all customers. Yup, I am now fed up with these cdma restrictions.

@DK Ji

Very true due to this MEID registration issue many people are thinking of porting.

Also phone you have selected is very good option below 10k, plus point is you will get updates till 2 year minimum. So android L is sure for your device.

Top of that Airtel won't charge you for data when update is downloaded on their network.

Posted using Moto G on Reliance CDMA

Many people will port out just because of Meid registration issue.

^^^^^

Very true. That's the same reason I have ported from Tata cdma, even though I was more than happy with their tariffs and coverage (at that time). Once again a suicide attempt from RCdma, imho.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

airtel does not charge for os updates? But it's a download. I've not heard this for any service provider.

@DK Ji

Very true due to this MEID registration issue many people are thinking of porting.

Also phone you have selected is very good option below 10k, plus point is you will get updates till 2 year minimum. So android L is sure for your device.

Top of that Airtel won't charge you for data when update is downloaded on their network.

Posted using Moto G on Reliance CDMA

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk