Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

I Have Ported My Number To....

Today is my 7th day from the date of porting request made. from Idea to Reliance. RCDMA people called yesterday night to inform that they have received intimation about my number being ported in. But have still not received any sms regarding disconnection or porting process. Hope that will be completed today.

My friend was in Airtel post-paid in TN and he submitted his application to port out to Vodafone on 21st.

Today he got confirmatory sms from Vodafone - 'Hello! Your porting request xxxxxxx dated 28th Jan11 has been approved by your current operator. We will communicate the porting date and time shortly'

That's bad all of you are taken for a ride from your respective operators my mobile number porting process completed with in five days from Rcdma to Airtel.The only problem remains that airtel is not been abel to activate my bis airtel blackberry plan that will be solved by today evnng

Edited by marittadezusadutta

dear all,

I have given port request from RCDMA to Aircel (postpaid) yesterday.

I have opt for Mass 499 plan which is having following features

1000 min. fro local/std/roaming (on aircel network

2 GB GPRS

2500 SMS

unlimited dialer tunes

after free min. all calls @ 1p/s

No security deposit for mnp customers.

the executive provided me a sim card written DUAL IMSI, but one peculiar thing I couldnt understand...

he told me to deposit the remaining bill of reliance today, and the aircel number will be activated within 6 days from today, so for atleast 2-3 days i will be staying on reliance after paying the bill today. so what about the usage charges if i make calls from my existing reliance after paying current outstanding.

the guy told me that this question is still unanswered and this is reliance's headache to get the remaining amount if any not aircel's.

any views ?

i got SMS just now from idea ::tentative date and time for activation of your number with idea is 28/01/2011 at 11:19:18pm. i don't understand why it is tentative.another bad news is that my friend opted from BSNL to idea . BSNL deactivated yesterday at 4 pm but idea failed activate the number.poor fellow running around IDEA and BSNL now i am worried about my number now being a doctor i can't have my phone dead

dr murali m reddy

hyderabad

Its seems most of the operator are having problem with mnp implementation must say Rcdma and Airtel are smoothly processing MNP as per my experience since My Rcdma to Airtel MNP took only 5 days and from today evng my BIS airtel blackberry plan also activated.

i got SMS just now from idea ::tentative date and time for activation of your number with idea is 28/01/2011 at 11:19:18pm. i don't understand why it is tentative.another bad news is that my friend opted from BSNL to idea . BSNL deactivated yesterday at 4 pm but idea failed activate the number.poor fellow running around IDEA and BSNL now i am worried about my number now being a doctor i can't have my phone dead

dr murali m reddy

hyderabad

This is the worst case scenario for any MNP applicant! For the number, this is like the hindi saying "Dhobi ka gadha, na ghar ka na ghat ka". NOTriste.gif TRAI should have forseen this and made some guidelines about this.

is your post paid or prepaid?

@ ramtech It is prepaid

1.I have submitted docs for porting Aircel postpaid to RGSM on 22Jan 8pm with retailer. Recieved call

today afternoon from Reliance for confirmation and told porting will be completed today.

2.Submitted document for porting uninor to BSNL on 26th jan with BSNL office.waiting for response

Postpaid

MNP of Post paid to prepaid will take 1 or 2 days more than prepaid to prepaid migration

I have given req. to port out from RCDMA to vodafone on 20th Jan. just now i recd. sms from reliance stating that "your Sr.no.UCSxxxxxxx has been processed.thank u for being with Reliance." what does that mean? now my reliance conn. will get disconnect?

^^^^

UCSXXXXXX are cases of retention. Now they will start Port Out Process if not retained.

Dear Kepal

Did you recieve any call from RCDMA guys before you recieved this sms (UCSxxxxxxx has been processed)?

I have applied for porting from Idea to RCDMA and its been my 9th day today, but nothing has happened. Yesterday, I recieved a call from RCDMA guys telling that they have some problem with several numbers who have applied for porting in or porting out, on Jan 20 and 21. They said they are working on it and will take some time. They took down my alternate mobile number as well. After this conversation in the morning, I recieved similar sms as yours (UCSxxxxxxx has been processed) from Reliance on my alternate number. Even I would like to know what the sms is about.

Its frustrating to find that your MNP is request is stuck up for all these days, where as others are getting it done some times as quickly as in 6 days. The system still has some glitches and we are the unfortunate victims.

Don't know whose problem is it, the donor or the recipient, but it seems it will still take a few days more to sort out these issues.

@abhisathe, i got that SMS from reliance stating my req. is processed which i got at 11.00 pm after that at 3.00 am i recd. SMS from Vodafone stating that all process from your donor provider has been finish we will soon inform you time when your no. will port. so now hope so no hurdle will arrise in that, will update you once it's done 100%.

Hello Friends,

My experience of porting my number from vodafone to BSNL 3G.

Reason for porting - To be on a 3G network that is not only available in cities but also in smaller towns. I have been using BSNL 3G from the day it was launched and am happy to see their coverage where private players may take some time to start or may not even think profitable!! So decided to port one of numbers to BSNL.

Grievances of existing operator - No 3G spectrum for Vodafone in my circle. They may start 3G with tie-ups with other operators, but frankly lost hope on tariffs from them.

Process Timeline -

21-Jan Morning - Sent PORT Request, Instantly recieved UPC, Submitted CAF+MNP form and 120(FRC) at BSNL

21-Jan Evening - Acknowledgement SMS from Vodafone.

27-Jan 6PM - Porting approved by donor. Time of porting-Midnight. :thumb:

28-Jan - Donor SIM deactivated at around 0015HRS.

28 Jan 6AM - Inserted sparkling new BSNL SIM into the phone, waited for "3G" to appear. But "SIM Card Registration Failed" :arghhhh:

7AM - same!!

9AM - same!!

10AM - same!!

12 noon - SIM Registered on to BSNL. :cheer:

But where is "3G", I can only see "E"(though the plan says 3G)!! and the biggest shock, I can make outgoing calls, but no incoming - getting "Number doesn't exist". Later noticed that calls from BSNL and TD is coming but not from other operators (Checked with RCOM and Uninor). I think its the delay in updating the LRN database. :nono:

Overall the experience was not great as it should have been but I WAS expecting such delay in this process and hence was not porting my primary number(Thank God!!). But such delay (when the promised no service period is 2 hours) may not be acceptable to people who are porting their primary number.

And as I write this, still no incoming or SMS coming through from many operators. I will keep you all updated once the problem is solved.

Edit : Continued in post #56

Edited by srk006
  • Like 2

@srk - yours is the 1st proper porting experience account in this topic... +1 to you...

• Like 1

I have ported RCDMA no to Vodafone

Surprisingly, I can Call from both connection to day :rofl_200: (porting process may not be finshed).But when make a call to The particular no., It goes to RCDMA :Ohhhh:

Waiting for GPRS activation to drive my LG O1 android.

@ FEVIN-RAJ that's funny experience. Has to face such issue with MNP in early stage it's learning exp.for customer & service provider as well.

Ported my BPL/LOOP number ****999999 to Vodafone prepaid ..loving the network !!!!!!

• Like 1

I have not submitted the "port in" request to any operator BUT i have also recieved "your Sr.no.UCSxxxxxxx has been processed.thank u for being with Reliance." ??

Anyone has any idea what this means ?

I don't want to port right now, was just testing by sending Port sms to RCDMA.:confuse:

:previous:

You have another 15 days in which RCOM people will try to woo you to remain on their network if your billing is about 700 or more (just a hypothetical figure)

Just jot down all your present grievances and cry out aloud when they call you, hopefully you will be able to extract something out of them. Simultaneously send emails to all you know in RCOM. The results will be good. Post here your experiences.

And yes, if you do not do anything (like port-in to another operator), dont worry, your existing number will remain on the RCOM network as it is. Even if you do actually port-in, you have another 24 hours to change your mind.

BTW: I have also given port-out requests for all my mobile connections across RCDMA, RGSM, Airtel, Vodafone. No serious intention of changing any service provider, just to time-pass when they call.:Contento::rofl_200:

Edited by KumaarShah

1.I have submitted docs for porting Aircel postpaid to RGSM on 22Jan 8pm with retailer. Recieved call

today afternoon from Reliance for confirmation and told porting will be completed today.

2.Submitted document for porting uninor to BSNL on 26th jan with BSNL office.waiting for response

today recieved sms on uninor no. " Dear customer welcome to Bsnl network.Please await for further instrucions"

No further communication for Aircel to RGSM convertion still porting pending

dr murali m reddy

hyderabad

This is the worst case scenario for any MNP applicant! For the number, this is like the hindi saying "Dhobi ka gadha, na ghar ka na ghat ka". NOTriste.gif TRAI should have forseen this and made some guidelines about this.

my worst experience in porting from airtel to idea

documents submitted on 20th Jan

got SMS from idea saying porting time at 11:18 pm on 28 Jan

airtel disconnected at 11:oopm on 28 Jan

i inserted idea Sim and Sim registration failed

till now ( 10:45PM 29 JAN) there is no activation from idea

MY PHONE IS DEAD FOR 24HOURS AND STILL COUNTING

NO CLUES FROM IDEA CUSTOMER CARE WHEN IT WILL BE DONE

Edited by drmuralimreddy

NO CLUES FROM IDEA CUSTOMER CARE WHEN IT WILL BE DONE

[/b][/b]

call Abhishek Bacchan and get an IDEA :)

I'm porting from Reliance CDMA Post paid to BSNL 2G

On29th Morning (yesterday) sent sms to 1900, within a second got sms from 1901 with port code which is valid for 15 days.

Same day on 29th morning applied for BSNL, they say it takes 7 days and said they will call me when sim is ready.

I have been using reliance since 8 years long. Recently facing problem like less network in my area, have to go out of house to talk. and some sms missing which is sent by my contacts. Thanks to MNP. BSNL is the only network which is having complete coverage in my area. so no other choice.

Edited by deadman