Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Rs 5,000 Palm Size Computer

Rs 5,000 Green Palm Size Computer (5 Watt Power, Can Use Solar Power Also As Claimed)

A Hyderabad based Company has come out with this unique product.

connectpdf.jpg

NOTE: This image may be of other similar model.

The Home Computer ( HC™ ) is a unique and innovative device from elLoka' s ULCP™ Stable.

Highlights

* Create documents with Office Tools

* Print on most USB Printers

* Email Client & Chat Client

* Browse the Internet with no Compromises

* View and share media on YouTube

* School & Home Education

* Access Media via USB

* Multi-Lingual Support

* Green Computing 5W Power

Applications

File Manager

Photo Viewer

Browser

Terminal

Calculator

Zip Unzip

PDF Viewer

Word Processor

Spreadsheet

Presentation

Media Player

Games

Interfaces

Video Outputs: VGA/HDMI/CVBS

Audio Interfaces: Head Phone,

Microphone

Connectivity: Ethernet LAN

Storage: USB Stick, USB HDD

elLoka Company Website http://www.elloka.com/index.html

• Like 2

Innovative.. I am guessing, the processor it would be having.. :confuse:

Really innovative device Rajan Bhai. +1 for the info. :)

Imp info about Processor speed and Ram is not mentioned anywhere on the site. :(

The OS look like some Linux distro.

It has on-board memory (RAM) of 256MB and 1 GB disk space.

It runs on a customized OS named HomeOS which the company claims is built on top of a Linux base. Some what similar to Google Android which also runs on a Linux kernel.

The OS comes pre-loaded with numerous open source software which caters to the typical home users need. OpenOffice.org is installed, so is GIMP, MPlayer for listening to music and watching movies, Firefox, Flash player - so you can watch YouTube videos, Email client, Pidgin Chat client, Image viewers

Watch The Video For Demo

What processor is this based on? Many similar devices exist. But maybe the d first indian variant.

Tapatalk on EPIC 4G

Cheapest PC Fits Your Palm, For Approx Rs 1,700..

Source

Raspberry Pi Website >> http://www.raspberrypi.org/

20120302201203020206543673ec54545_201203020142496079f470d31_pic_original.jpg

A new puny computer called Raspberry Pi could bring cheap computing to the masses with hopes to inspire the next Jobs or Alan Turing

The device is sold without a keyboard, mouse or monitor and uncased, the chip motherboard is the size of a credit card. At 22 Pounds (Rs 1,700) the cheap computer sold out within hours of its UK launch.

The unit can be plugged into any TV, needs a keyboard and needs a LAN connection for the Internet.

Demand for the device caused problems for Web sites selling it, forcing The Raspberry Pi Foundation, which developed the device, to replace its site with a static page offering links to its sales partners.

“It has been a phenomenal morning. We have had a huge amount of traffic, almost half a million hits in 15 minutes at one point. Clearly there were a few issues but we are resolving them. This device is a phenomenal opportunity. It is a hugely powerful device; we are so excited about it,” said a spokesman for Premier Farnell, one of the sales partners.

The Model B version which went for sale can be used for various purposes with two USB slots, an HDMI slot, an SD memory card slot and an Ethernet port. The PC uses an SD card as a hard drive and you can install linux on the device which is powered by a 700MHz processor. Raspberry Pi can also output full HD video and will have a version of the popular media centre software XBMC available for download.

A cheaper 16 Pound (Rs 1,250 approx) version will go on sale later in the year.

The machine, which runs on open-source operating system Linux, can be hooked up to a typical computer monitor – with additional ports used to attach a keyboard, mouse and other peripherals.

Future versions will have an 8 core processor, improved GPU and WiFi amongst other significant improvements.

Features

• Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processor with FPU and Videocore 4 GPU
  • GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
  • GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
  • 256MB RAM
  • Boots from SD card, running the Fedora version of Linux
  • 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
  • HDMI socket
  • USB 2.0 socket
  • RCA video socket
  • SD card socket
  • Powered from microUSB socket
  • 3.5mm audio out jack
  • Header footprint for camera connection
  • Size: 85.6 x 53.98 x 17mm

Much better to buy one of the following:

1. Genesi USA's Smartbook I have this and its good. Runs Ubuntu or any other Arm Linux as well as Android (8-12K w/ or w/o 3G)

2. Genesi USA's SmartTop (5K i think - no screen/keyboard)

3. Toshiba AC100 smartbook - runs Android but ubuntu can also be installed. Tegra 2. faster than efika above but efika has good linux support. (around 10 K i think)

4. Get VeeDee's D10 android tablet + keyboard - install Linux if you want (around 7K). Media decoding is excellent. Or any other Allwinner A10 tablet (best is Ainol EFL or Onda with IPS screens. VeeDee is a rebranded Ployer Momo9) See the topic http://www.rimweb.in...d-alternatives/ (towards the last few pages i think)

hey friends

i had contacted elLoka some 6-8 months back and the condition of their site was same under construction as it is now, i got a reply that its gonna be launch soon - that soon is still to come.

all this products of low budget mostly die in fetal stage, look @ akash its not even close to any chinese TAB - cheap will always be like that

669422-bigthumbnail.jpg

4. Get VeeDee's D10 android tablet + keyboard - install Linux if you want (around 7K).

How do you install Linux on this?

Simplest way is this: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1390351 OR http://linuxonandroid.blogspot.in/

Just install Ubuntu Installer from Android Market and it will guide you through the steps. (there are quite a few manual steps as explained below)

This will run linux chrooted in a terminal and you then run a vncviewer to connect to localhost:5900 to get a full screen ubuntu desktop.

You'll need to download a 500 MB compressed file from which you extract ubuntu.img (2.5 GB) on to a SDCard. Then run the included ubuntu.sh (or ubuntuv6.sh if you buy the paid app for Rs 100).

This runs ubuntu & android parallely (chroot) so it'll be little slow due to only 512 MB RAM (processor is good enough).

You can also directly boot to ubuntu (without affecting android. ie. dual boot) so that only 1 OS is running at a time - but that is a little complex for this tablet right now - am trying to fix up something.

It runs perfectly on Nexus S and many other phones as Clockwork recovery images is available for them while they have problems with veedee d10 or ployer momo9 at present.

See Ubuntu on my Nexus pic below. Will upload VeeDee D10 screenshots/pics soon.

There is a slight change required in ubuntu.sh at least on ICS for D10 image i am using - just comment out the line mentioning 'cut' command (3rd or 4th line from top - it checks to see if you are running as root, but cut command is not there in D10 ICS image)

Tell me if you face any problem and i'll upload modified script.

To be fair, there's not much use of Ubuntu or any desktop OS on phone/tablet as its cumbersome to touch small elements (though ubuntu netbook edition is fairly ok) and Android is perfect to use on small touchscreens. I am using it just for running some hardware which is not supported in android currently.

post-3171-0-56228400-1330702762_thumb.jp

Edited by ami1

^^^^ Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. I am a novice when it comes to Linux though I am using Ubuntu as the GUI is easy enough for me ;)

The D10 is being used by my kids so I wont mess with it now. It is still running the stock and I have not upgraded to ICS even.

I will explore if I can install Ubuntu on my Nook Color running CM7 though.

Thanks once again

Raspberry Pi, is for the DIY geeks. its fun with promise and endless potential. the hype generated made it beat the ipad3 launch story. hows that for starters !!